• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Leave in 24 hrs. & kids are sick!

RNmomnFL

Go USF Bulls!
Leaving in 24 hrs. for the Fort with nine of us & one dog, children have been ill, so between changing my work schedule to nights, caring for sick kids & packing for such a large group (planning meals too), I'm tired. This is not a complaint thread though. I need this trip & break. Today will be a marathon, but if I can get it all done, by tomorrow night will be sitting by the campfire with a nice tall drink. OK! Off to pack & then to AAA/doctor's office. Hey, another positive of the kids getting sick prior to leaving, is that maybe we won't have to go to Urgent Care this trip. :)

You have our sympathy..Sounds like the way our vac usually started out many, many years ago. Either an ear infection, strep, or stiches..

Keep the faith...it all works out...

HAVE A VERY SAFE AND ENJOYABLE TRIP.

We leave tomorrow too and this morning one of my DSs (9yr old) was spending an unusually long amount of time in the bathroom. I think I scared him when he came out and I started quizzing him "do you feel ok?" "are you sure?" "does your stomach hurt?" He shook his head and gave me the "chill out Mom" look. Best wishes for speedy recoveries for your family.

Will spare the details but this is a gastrointestinal issue. DS 9 has been hit the hardest. Can't imagine if we were in the camper with the onset of this illness. Thank goodness we're dealing now.

Sounds like the WDW bus drivers are going to have a fun week picking up all those sick kids.
Parents, please, please, tell the driver if one of your kids throws up on the bus. It's no big deal, nothing to be ashamed of. Happens all the time. The drivers want to know as soon as it happens.

Being at Disney has a magical way to heal kids. We will see you Sunday night.
Somewhere in a Full Hook up site.

Better to be sick before the trip than during it...last year we all got the stomach bug that lasted for 3 days and it was awful being sick! (even worse...I got it last and was sick on the 16 hour drive home!)

Have a fun and safe trip!

Will spare the details but this is a gastrointestinal issue. DS 9 has been hit the hardest. Can't imagine if we were in the camper with the onset of this illness. Thank goodness we're dealing now.

OMG...:eek: been there, done that. :rolleyes1...all the way from NY to Disney.:scared: At first I thought it was that my daughter then 7 was just car sick (as was common for her)...until the four year old started too. Both ends..so to speak. NOT FUN.
I don't miss those days one bit. :laughing:

Pixie Dust for a swift recovery and a magical trip for all !pixiedust:

Make sure you stock up on medications! last year the kids got sick and I had to find meds at gift shops. They didn't have a great selection and were expensive. The pool was great at bringing down a fever!
Hope you have a great trip and everyone is healthy by the time you are at the fort!:goodvibes

Oh dear god ! Lets pray ya'll don't start a epidemic while at Disney World !!:lmao:
OMG could you just imagine ! :rotfl2:

How terrible! Hope they all recover quickly! Last year DS6 (then 5) got sick w/fever and cough/wheeze. He has athsma, so fearing an attack or possible pneumonia, we went to Urgent Care. Turned out to be H1N1 (and the Fort's just too far from home to travel with a sickie)! Luckily we were at the Fort for a 2 wk spread so we still had five days after he recovered. Minnie Wishes for a Zipadee do da vacation! All the best to ya!

P.S. Just to clarify. We did keep DS in bed in the TT until he was well enough to go outside. Then we only let him go out on our own site until he was recovered. We went through around 10,000,000 Clorox wipes and gallons of hand sanitizer to make sure we didn't contaminate the Happiest Place on Earth!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter