Least offensive third dinner choice in MK

Has this restaurant been open before? I don't remember it. Looks similar to LTT.

Yes off and on. Last time it was open they offered the exact same meal as LTT, so basically overflow space. Back in the day it even had a show.

Go here and scroll down it will tell you more.

http://www.yesterland.com/reminders.html

This was last time I saw it open, over the holidays I think it was Dec 2014. This is NOT the menu that are offering now.

IMG_4289.jpg

IMG_4286_1.jpg

Last edited:
If you are planning on staying in MK until closing, I wouldn't leave MK just to eat. That said, Tony's isn't really impressive to me, the chicken parm is always served on the "cold-ish" side like where the cheese has been congealed for like an hour and they never bothered to reheat it, and the pasta is overdone, and the sauce is sad and horrible. But, of course we just go there because it's Tony's, about once a year we'll eat there.

If you have the Dining Plan you could always just do CP because it's not going to cost you any extra, CP for dinner is expensive OOP. We haven't done CP because it's too ridiculously priced OOP.

Liberty Tree Dinner isn't that great, we usually only go there once every two years. I've heard their a la carte lunch is a lot better than dinner.

If you are willing to leave MK early for dinner, perhaps try Whispering Canyon Cafe, I actually really like their AYCE Skillet dinner.

If you don't want to leave the park for dinner (I would also suggest The Wave, or some place on the monorail), I would grab a bite at Columbia Harbour House. They have a pretty good selection, family friendly, nice atmosphere...

I've always enjoyed Crystal Palace....Tony's was incredibly disgusting though, no way i'd ever return. Having said that, if you didnt like either, I dont know why you'd even bother. I'd go some place else.

I also recommend The Wave @CR or LTT. The Wave has AMAZING food! It was one of my highlights. LTT is simply delish, never had a bad meal there.

I wouldn't bank on having a MNSSHP in early Sept. based on last year, so you may want to leave MK. However, as far as in the park we have eaten at Tony's recently (last Sept, and just in Jan) and both meals were good. In January the Chef came out for a person with allergies in our party and he did say they had made some changes. If they have worked on things it's definitely improved the quality. Crystal Palace breakfast we love, but we weren't as impressed with lunch or dinner so I wouldn't rush back. We also ate at LTT in Jan and just last week and had good meals there. Last fall we did leave the park to eat at Narccoossee's prior to the party both Halloween and XMas and enjoyed it. I like the restaurants at GF and wouldn't hesitate to head over to one of those. Now if given a choice I would go LTT, Tony's, and then CP. I would vote GF locations over the park restaurants. Have a great time!

I vote for a TS late lunch at a resort & QS in the park for dinner.

My first choice would be to eat counter service. My second choice would be to head over to The Wave at the Contemporary. It's only a 10 minute walk and will save you from "blah." Well worth it IMO.

I wouldn't bank on having a MNSSHP in early Sept. based on last year, so you may want to leave MK. However, as far as in the park we have eaten at Tony's recently (last Sept, and just in Jan) and both meals were good. In January the Chef came out for a person with allergies in our party and he did say they had made some changes. If they have worked on things it's definitely improved the quality. Crystal Palace breakfast we love, but we weren't as impressed with lunch or dinner so I wouldn't rush back. We also ate at LTT in Jan and just last week and had good meals there. Last fall we did leave the park to eat at Narccoossee's prior to the party both Halloween and XMas and enjoyed it. I like the restaurants at GF and wouldn't hesitate to head over to one of those. Now if given a choice I would go LTT, Tony's, and then CP. I would vote GF locations over the park restaurants. Have a great time!

Actually the WDW website says the part will run from Aug 26 to November 6 this year. I'm guessing they added more dates due to almost all of them selling out last year. If I were going to do the party, I would do a late lunch/early dinner at Disney Springs at Splittsville or Raglan Road and then do quick service during the party. I am a big fan of Liberty Tree Tavern, but I much prefer the ala carte option at lunch.

Actually the WDW website says the part will run from Aug 26 to November 6 this year. I'm guessing they added more dates due to almost all of them selling out last year. If I were going to do the party, I would do a late lunch/early dinner at Disney Springs at Splittsville or Raglan Road and then do quick service during the party. I am a big fan of Liberty Tree Tavern, but I much prefer the ala carte option at lunch.
I wish that were true, but they don't even have dates on the website now. It currently reads check back for updates as the 2016 season approaches. Last year they left up Sept through Oct. with many people planning on early Sept. dates and then being disappointed. Although there were some sell out dates, there were still plenty that didn't sell out and some which had tickets up until that day before they ended up selling out. We were able to get discounted tickets day of for 2 nights in Sept. that one sight has listed as sold out dates which is how I know that they didn't sell out until day of if they did sell out. Of course we all want it to go back to having more options!! I would just hate to give someone hope at this time.

Why not cinderelllas royal table? We love going to Tony's right Before the parade around 315 and asking for outside.. Best seat for the parade!!! Love eating and watching :)

We are hoping to try Skippers Canteen the first night of our trip, and have BOG for the last night. We would like one more dinner in MK on DP- in case there is a MNSSHP. We don't like Plaza's menu, so are between Tony's and Crystal Palace. We have had both (Crystal Palace last year and Tony's a few year's back). Crystal Palace was uncharacteristically nasty, but I also recall Tony's to be blah and just not delicious. Which is the lesser of those two evils for September? I'm thinking blah is better than nasty, but maybe we just had an off night at CP. I'm not finding a lot of reviews for CP dinner. Anybody have recent experiences with either of these places for dinner? BTW, we already have O'hana a non-park night, and there's nothing else on the monorail line that we feel compelled to leave the park for. (If Disney would just release the party dates....and there wasn't one early Sept...we might just leave the park for dinner.) :yo-yo:
Counter service in the charming Columbia Harbor House. Lots of good food choices there.

Liberty Tree Tavern Lunch.

and by all reports Crystal Palace breakfast is not only "not nasty" but is actually quite good.

For TS I'd definitely recommend LTT - we've eaten there twice this year so far, delicious both times. I'm going to have to agree with others and say that if it is a party night I'd definitely grab a QS meal. Friar's Nook has amazing macaroni and cheese. We also really enjoy Cosmic Rays, Casey's (though the line can be a bit obnoxious at times) and Pecos Bill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter