• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Least Favorite QS Locations?

mslhb

Mouseketeer
What are your least favorite QS locations at the parks. We are all set on our TS ADR's. I want to be somewhat spontaneous about our QS choices based on where we end up in the park when we are hungry. Seems like in general most get fairly good reviews so wondering if there a few that are best to avoid. Which ones do you like the least.

For me that one is easy. ABC Commissary in DHS is absolutely horrendous IMHO. The only thing it has going for it is that it is air conditioned. Sure there are a few who may say they like this place but the overwhelming majority of opinion is this is a place to avoid. :)

What are your least favorite QS locations at the parks. We are all set on our TS ADR's. I want to be somewhat spontaneous about our QS choices based on where we end up in the park when we are hungry. Seems like in general most get fairly good reviews so wondering if there a few that are best to avoid. Which ones do you like the least.

I would avoid Flame Tree at AK. Really good food, but the seating area is overrun by birds that are quite aggressive in going after food. It's really disruptive and unpleasant.

Electric Umbrella at Epcot is horrible in every way imaginable.

Magic Kingdom - Tomorrowland Terrace. I have never had a good meal there.
Epcot - Electric Umbrella. Not really bad, but boring. The same burgers and chicken strips as everywhere else.
Animal Kingdom - Pizza Safari. I call this place "Pizza Barfi" because the pizza is so horrible.
Hollywood Studios - ABC Commissary. The absolute worst restaurant on Disney property. Avoid at all costs.

robinb said:
Epcot - Electric Umbrella. Not really bad, but boring. The same burgers and chicken strips as everywhere else.
Animal Kingdom - Pizza Safari. I call this place "Pizza Barfi" because the pizza is so horrible.
Hollywood Studios - ABC Commissary. The absolute worst restaurant on Disney property. Avoid at all costs.

pizza barfi! LMAO! Thats funny. And i agree. Pizza Safari in AK and Pizza Planet in Hollywood studios are both horrendous and should be avoided. terrible pizza. Also food court pizzas are terrible as well. same pizza, same grossness!

I agree about electric umbrella. ABC is the worst by far thou, worse than Disney pizza i think. just awful.

In MK i dont really do QS. So i cant help there.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

The pizza place in Hollywood Studios--awful.
Frozen pizza, tasteless, just a waste of $$$. Don't do it!

Thank you. Just the type of info I was looking for.. "Pizza Barfi" lol! Good to know since I love pizza and sounds like there are limited good choices at the world!

I don't really like Pizza Planet pizza. We end up there so the kiddos can play in the arcade but I try to eat somewhere else first.

We have been trying different CS locations every year and even though this place has gotten many good reviews, we absolutely hated Tangierine Cafe. We eat this type of food at home all the time but it was horrible. Maybe we are used to eating an Americanized version?

The Liberty Inn Restaurant at the American Pavilion. The burgers were more money, plain, and boring. I have no idea why we stopped here last trip. They wouldn't even give us free tap water which I had never encountered in WDW!!

Pizza Planet at DHS. I had never encountered so many rude people (we stopped for food there in 2009) & food tasted like cardboard.

Anything and everything at DHS except a turkey leg. ABC Commissary is the worst.
Pecos Bills.
Pirate and Parrot
Liberty Inn Restaurant.

And I don't think the little pizzas are THAT bad.....and thay are not frozen, but assembly line made fresh. _I_ did not like FLame Tree at all, but that is more my personal taste.

Putting on my flame suit....but I really did not like Sunshine Seasons! :duck:

That place has a lot of lovers out there, but I swear the food tasted like a Lean Cuisine meal. ::yes:: (DH and I both had Asian selections)

MK - Cosmic Rays and Pinochio Village Haus are just "eh", a better choice is Peco's bills if you are in the mood for a decent burger or taco salad (the "fixin's" bar is excellent here) and the best CS choice at MK is Columbia Harbor House for fish, chicken, fried shrimp, salmon, yummy tuna sandwiches, etc. Caseys has yummy corn dog nuggets, but the hot dogs are to be avoided these days, they changed the buns and it is not good!

Epcot- Electirc Umbrella is just awful, AVOID. Liberty Inn and Lotus Blossom are very so-so. Much better choices, Boulangerie for ham & cheese croissants and amazing pastries. Mexico for nachos and churros with warm caramel dip. UK for fish and chips. We also like Sunshine Seasons for the sandwiches, baked goods (strawberry shortcake) and they have a fruit and cheese platter (grab & go section) that we love for a nice fresh snack.

DHS - not much here. Backlot Express is geting pretty decent reviews these days on Allears, but I don't know from personal experience. Starring rolls is always nice and fresh for sandwiches, cupcakes and pastries.

AK - Pizzafari has a decent chicken ceasar salad and the theming is worth a visit, imho. We think the Yak and Yeti counter service is not good at all, except maybe for an eggroll. Our preference in this park is Flame Tree for delicious chicken, ribs and chocolate mousse, hands down.

I would have said the Yuckitori House in EOCOT Japan, but was there a few weeks ago and now Called Katsura Grill and me and DW thought was a great imporvement so we wn there another time druing the week and now like the place.

Toy Story Pizza, I don't know we always go there and as i was looking at our pizza a few week ago I said to DW how could people say this is a piece of cardboad the crust was nice and puffy and they aren't frozen, so I don't know we still like the veggie pizza, so i hope many people will not like it maybe next time it won't be so crowded.

Also liked Backlot express, me DW and sister split 3 sandwiches and they were all good.

I don't know of any place on the recent trip 3 week ago that i disliked anything. Maybe I just not a pickey person.

We did yak and Yeti 3 years ago, and won't do it again! Some of it was ok. But Dh had orange chicken or something and it was literally the same chicken nuggets our kids got smothered in a so-so sauce.

We just returned from our trip and here are a few notes on QS:

MK - we ate at the Tertuga Cafe...tacos, burritos, etc. DH loved it, I didn't care for it. My fav is the Harbour House.

Epcot - We ate at the Sunshine Seasons. Both DH and myself had Asian selections and it was our least favorite meal of the week. I would rather eat in one of the countries.

HS - I actually don't mind the ABC Commissary. We both got salads and it was good. Not much in HS to choose from anyway.

AK - Yak and Yeti QS last year was awful and so was the service. This year we just got the breakfast buffet with the characters and that held us over until dinner.

AK - Yak and Yeti QS last year was awful and so was the service. This year we just got the breakfast buffet with the characters and that held us over until dinner.
The food is so bad there, we call it the Gackin' Yeti. However, we LOVE the Yak and Yeti table service :).

The Liberty Inn Restaurant at the American Pavilion. The burgers were more money, plain, and boring. I have no idea why we stopped here last trip. They wouldn't even give us free tap water which I had never encountered in WDW!!

I get cups of water at Liberty Inn quite often (without ordering food, I don't eat there). So that is not a general policy of the restaurant.

The only place I wouldn't eat again is the ABC Commissary. Disgusting is the first word that pops to mind. Barf is the second.

All of the other places at least have something decent on the menu. You just have to know what food to avoid. For example, while the pizza at Pizzafari is gross, the hot Italian sandwich is good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter