Least Favorite Park?

mjpeter

Mouseketeer
I've seen a lot of discussion concerning which park would be the easiest to skip, and I'm curious about some of the reasons.

I didn't write "worst park" since I think they're all wonderful, but which one is your least favorite, and why? What could they add to that park to improve it for you and your family? :)

Animal Kingdom for me. I just don't care for the "wild side". I did enjoy the new Nemo show and It's a Bug's Life and DeVine. It always feel like it's hotter than anyother park too.

For us its AK. There just aren't enough rides and attractions for us. We usually go there for at least part of a day, but rarely invest a whole day there.

Our least favorite is AK. We liked the Safari and ITTBAB but that's not enough to get us there.

Epcot, by far! Don't care if I never go back...except for maybe a quick park hop for dining at Teppan Edo or Chefs de France.

LOVE DHS & AK! MK is one of those "do every few trips" for us. I'd rather go to DLR/DCA than MK.

DHS FTL!! (for the loss!!) i just get so BORED THERE!!! dont get me wrong, rockin rollercoaster is SWEET but its the only ride i enjoy there

Hollywood Studios by far. After Tower of Terror, Beauty & The Beast, The Walt Disney Story (and Rock & Roll Roller Coaster for hubby), we're done with the park. Everything else is either just bad or needs a major overhaul.

Let me start by saying "I love all the parks and I must do all of them when I go." However, my least favorite is DHS. As a PP said, I tend to get bored there... there is a lot of good stuff, but also a lot of not so good stuff......... Indiana Jones & Sounds Dangerous? Ick! :laughing: I also think this park needs more TS dining options. Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Star Tours need face-lifts badly! But it does have Beauty & the Beast and Lights Motor Action (which are two of my favorite shows at WDW!) :thumbsup2

DHS.

I used to LOVE it, but now it seems that after R n R coaster, ToT, and Toy Story Mania, we're ready to leave..... :confused3

For us its AK. There just aren't enough rides and attractions for us. We usually go there for at least part of a day, but rarely invest a whole day there.

I should add that a bad day at my least favorite Disney park is 10 times better than a day at any Six Flags! We just got home from Six Flags America and it is a wretched place.

To me, DHS has the least "Disney-ish" feel of any of the parks, so it's my least favorite. Atmosphere makes a huge difference for me, and I love MK because it feels magical and AK because of the lush greenery, which makes it seem exotic. DHS just seems like a lot of concrete. The Hollywood theme doesn't do it for me, I guess.

Then again, Rock N' Roller Coaster is my second favorite ride, so I couldn't miss the park entirely anyway. :)

AK for me. I know the whole thing from the beginning was about it being "natahzu," but yeah, it pretty much is a zoo... Most zoos are open-concept now anyway, and I swear they pipe in African heat for realism. Bleh. Would be a waste of a good Epcot day to go back. :thumbsup2

Animal Kingdom. Not enough to do, too sprawled out, and I always feel gypped because they didn't finish the park the way it was originally planned. It would have been so much cooler with the mythical beasts, etc.

I just don't dislike, I HATE AK. It is way too hot for my liking, too spread out, and too few rides/attractions that I'm interested in. I thought for sure that adding EE to the park would make me like it more, but it isn't even worth the trek to the back of the park. I can't even think of what they could do to make me like it more-- maybe add an underwater aspect of the park?

That being said, I think DHS needs some major refurbishments. Other than the big attractions everything else is old and run down.

I have to say AK, Its just cause there isn't the volume of attractions like other parks. But saying that I do love some rides at AK.

I'm glad the question of this thread was phrased the way it was: "least favorite". Because, after all, I LOVE them ALL, even my least favorite.

Which is Animal Kingdom.

Although, DHS gives it a run for the money. The way I look at it is this: DHS has 5 of my absolute favorite attractions in all of WDW (Tower of Terror, Rock N Roller Coaster, Toy Story Mania, One Man's Dream and Fantasmic) while AK has 3 of my absolute favorites (Everest, Dinosaur and the Safari) and my overall #1 favorite ride in any of the parks (Everest). AK has better overall theming, but not quite as many top-end attractions.

So it's close...really close. But if I HAD to rank them, it would go:

1. EPCOT
2. Magic Kingdom
3. Disney Hollywood Studios
4. Animal Kingdom

It may depend on the age of your kids....

As of late...with our kids being Pre-Teens and Teens....AK has been the 1/2 day park...

DHS is their FAVORITE park with ToT, RnR, F!, and TSM.....plus others....

But we went to AK when EE first opened....We loved EE and Dinosaurs...I liked the safari...but the family wasn't as crazy about it as me.....

We absolutely hated Kali River Rapids...having been to US/IoA...who (SHH! don't tell Walt I'm saying this) has MUCH better water rides than Kali....

So AK is the "lesser" park in our book....

Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter