• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Least crowded time to visit?

wildboyzmommy

Earning My Ears
I don't care about parades or shows or weather, I'm just looking for the least crowded time to visit Disneyland and California Adventure.

Thanks-
Lisa :)

When it rains a lot. That is the simple answer.

Otherwise weekdays that are not holidays or in the same week as major holidays in September, November, January, February, and May.

We go in late Sept and early May - hours are usually a bit short midweek - but OK.
Lineups decent no realcrowds
No rain. (yet!)

We went in early November; after the Halloween celebrations and before the Christmas stuff. It was PERFECT. Walk on at almost every ride. :thumbsup2

We went January 30-February 2, 2011 and September 10-17, 2011. We had rain during our January trip but other then that it wasn't too crowded. Most rides had little to no wait. September was warmer and we were able to wear shorts and short sleeved shirts all day but had to put on pants and jackets after dark. The crowds were not too bad that time either but I thought it was less crowded in January.

We visited Septmber 25 to October 2 this year. Crowds were very low until Friday which was Gay Day. Saturday was unbelievably busy. So while late Sept is a great time for crowds, it also pays to check for special occasions / events that also might be happening.

Right after Halloween is a good time Nov 1,2,etc. Walk on most rides and weekdays are the best.

We LOVE the first week of November and later Feb. or early March. We don't mind wearing jeans and sweatshirts since in Feb. and/or March it's usually about 20-30 degrees warmer than home!

And I don't know about anyone else - but I prefer a sweatshirt in Soarin and Space since I can get cold in there any time of year!

Having just been there, I can tell you that the Monday through Thursday after Thanksgiving weekend were primo!

We went January 30-February 2, 2011 and September 10-17, 2011. We had rain during our January trip but other then that it wasn't too crowded. Most rides had little to no wait. The crowds were not too bad that time either but I thought it was less crowded in January.

We were there January 29-February 2. :thumbsup2
We learned a valuable lesson during our trip....don't show up at DL midway through a Saturday, no matter what the time of year. :sad2:
We were completely overwhelmed by the crowds and spent the first few hours in a daze. But it rained the next day (woohoo!) and most of the crowd seemed to disappear. Wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter