Least crowded days for the parks?

lilredgirl

Earning My Ears
We are going to be at DL for 7 days with 5 day single park tix (didn't do park hoppers as our kids are 5 & 6 and likely would only be up for one park per day). Which days of the week are worst for crowds, or best for being not as crowded? We are going at the end of March thru the first week of April.

Depends on when fantasmic and fireworks are showing. If they are running every day of the week intend to spend mon, tues, wed, thurs, fri in park. If they are only running on the weekend, make sure your last two days are Friday Saturday so you can use one night to see fantasmic and one night for fireworks. World of colour should show every night.

There is a calendar on this site that will give you all this info for last year which is a good gauge for this year

That time of year I think any day will be crowded but of course week days should be less busy than the weekends. Given Easter is mid April this year, that week should not be as bad as it was last year when it was right around Easter but still, that is prime Spring Break season, so it's going to be packed.

According to Touring Plans though, they show Fireworks every day that week, whether that turns into reality who knows but that might allow you to get that in without using a weekend day.

I would probably do Tues-Saturday. All Ap's (except Premium) are blocked out on Saturday, and that way you have both Friday and Saturday for extended hours and entertainment like fireworks and F! and some weekdays beforehand that will have fewer crowds (hopefully).

I would probably do Tues-Saturday. All Ap's (except Premium) are blocked out, and that way you have both Friday and Saturday for extended hours and entertainment like fireworks and F! and some weekdays beforehand that will have fewer crowds (hopefully).

When I looked at the AP Blockout calendar, none of the APs are blocked Mon to Thurs during the last week of March/first week of April time period. Some APs are blocked on the weekends, depending which weekend the OP is going (3/29-30 or 4/5-6).
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/blockout-dates/

To the OP, I would also recommend heavily skewing your trip towards the weekdays. The weekdays will have lower crowds and you can probably get more rides done. Saturdays are always busy with day guests; the crowds are there from early and stay strong throughout the day. On Sundays, the crowds are light in the morning, but build throughout the day. So overall, weekends are great for extended hours and shows (e.g., fireworks, Fantasmic, etc.), but the crowds are noticeably higher.

Which days of the week are worst for crowds, or best for being not as crowded? We are going at the end of March thru the first week of April.

Your best bet is to expect the parks to be crowded and go with the flow.

All APs holders are good to go during that time with the exception of weekends most are then blocked except premium APs they have zero blocks.

Most school nation wide will be out for spring break during that time, and for sure the local BIG districts are out during that time.

Anaheim HS district is off 3/29sat to 4/6sunday

Fullerton HS district is off 3/22saturday to 3/30sunday

Chino valley district is also off same time as Anaheim

Those are just 3 districts I didn't even check garden grove district, or any of the LA districts

I would just go with the flow expect the park to be crowed with both locals and tourist and if you get lucky your mornings might not be so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Those are just 3 districts I didn't even check garden grove district, or any of the LA districts

That's the one way the OP might be a little better off; LAUSD gets 4/14 to 4/18 off for spring recess. This coincides with when the SoCal and SoCal Select APs are blocked for the entire week, including weekdays (4/12 through 4/20).

When I looked at the AP Blockout calendar, none of the APs are blocked Mon to Thurs during the last week of March/first week of April time period. Some APs are blocked on the weekends, depending which weekend the OP is going (3/29-30 or 4/5-6).
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/blockout-dates/

I typed that up all wrong. I didn't specify Saturday was the blockout day only...but that was what I meant. I was trying to let the OP know Saturday may be a good option due to the blockouts...Post fail for me :badpc:
Thanks Figment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter