least crowded check in time

cricket429

Mouseketeer
Is there a time of day that is less crowded for check-in? Have read some threads regarding 45 min wait for check-in. Just curious

This past Thanksgiving, my wife and I arrived at MCO at 5:30 on Sunday. After various hassles with our rental car -- we needed to switch cars twice! -- and getting our luggage, it was 8:30 before we arrived at CSR. And there was NO wait to check in.

Of course, we more or less LOST a day, or an evening, but it certainly made check-in fast :D

I think that a lot of people begin flying in around 11, noon or after and that is when you get the lines (especially more around 2-4 in the evening) as some people go directly to the parks without pre-checking in and then come back when they think the room is ready. The last couple of vacations I've had there, I've checked in between 8-11 a.m. and only had to wait a couple of minutes each time (10 minutes or less most of the time).

Ok. Just wondering because I imagine, depending on how far we get driving the first day, we will be checking in around dinner time. We are coming from NY and want to get at least as far as SC the first day.
Thanks

If you see me in line you'll know you have a 45 min.-hour wait. Seems to be my luck. I agree with the 8-10 AM check-in as generally having short or no lines. Late evenings have fewer guests in line but there is also usually only one person working the check-in desk then.

We checked in around 11 PM and there was no line whatsoever last Wednesday at Pop.

I'd imagine that the later in the evening you get, the less crowded check in will be.

So maybe I should have taken the flight that arrived at 1 AM?

What I am wondering is if we check in at Pop around 11:00 or 11:30 AM are we going to crash into the people trying to check out?

We checked in at 12:30pm and there was no wait at all. We checked in at 9 am and there was no wait at all. We also got lucky both times and we got our room at that time also :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter