least amt park days for your weeklong DVC vaca?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
What's the least amt of park days when you stayed a week at a DVC resort at WDW?

last July stayed at OKW - spent no full days at the parks - did a lot of pool hopping. Went to MK 2 times and Epcot once in a week but in the late afternoon/early evening - It was a very relaxing - wonderful vacation for all!:D

Last year we spent 2 full park days-park hoppers, in a 10 -day stay. It was great. We did MK 1 1/2 days and Epcot 1/2 day.

What did we do: Pool hopped, resort hopped, wilderness campground camfire w/movie, GF-watched MK fireworks, rode the monorail btwn locations and just soaked in all the magic that was there. There is plenty of it.

We were w/ my in-laws and they di not have park-hoppers and only bought 2 single day passes.

The kids did not miss it-they loved going to the pools!

Last year we went for 10 days and only went to the parks 2 full days-1 1/2 MK and 1/2 day at Epcot.

What did we do?

-pool hopped, resort hopped, campfire at Ft. Wilderness, boat from OKW to DD, watched MK fireworks at GF plus the electric water parade, rode the monorail-just soaked in all the magic!! There is plenty of Magic all over-not just within the parks.

The kids loved going to the pools and not spending long days in the parks.

While at BCV in Feb I spent about 3 hours at epcot and 45 minutes at MGM. In Oct at OKW I never made it to the park. Come to think of it the couple of hours I spent at epcot was the first time I had been to the parks in a couple of years, and I make atleast 3 trips per year.

2 hours in MK..it as soooo crowded, we left and never looked back all week. Thats whats great about DVC...you'll always be back.

0 Days out of 6

We went down to golf. We spent 4 days golfing, 1 day at Typhoon Lagoon, and 1 day relaxing and shopping.

It was very nice to go down and not have to do the park-commando routine to ride your favorite rides.

We are going golfing again this year, but figure we'll do parks one day - probably just Epcot and maybe hop to MK or DS.

We just got back from 6 days at OKW and only spent 1 day at Universal.DD and niece went buy themselves to MGM. DW and myself just enjoyed the weather,resort hopped,DD, and boat rides to DD.We also spent 1 nite at the Boardwalk.
Thats the advantage of being DVC members, you know you are coming back for the next 39 years.;) We also visited relatives in Melbourne.

We went in June 2001, and it was SO hot..and I was 6 months pregnant..and we had our 19 month old daughter, so it was not conducive to happy park hopping for us. LOL
I can handle heat, I can handle crowds, I can't handle heat PLUS crowds, needless to say we will never go in June again.
ANYWAY, we went to Epcot the first day, then to MK, where we lasted about 20 minutes. :rolleyes:
We spent the remainder of our vacation(4 days) hanging out by the Turtle Pond pool, playing miniature golf, shopping, resort hopping, and eating ice pops on our OKW porch. It was fabulous.

Even though we have spent several days in the parks, the important thing is that we didn't feel the need to spend any days in the parks. The option to choose, and not feel like you must do the parks is a great DVC benefit! :cool:

I think a lot depends on what type of passes you have. We have APs which we probably won't renew. Last week we went to Epcot just for dinner. If we had ParkHoppers we wouldn't have done that. Now I'm debating whether to buy ParkHoppers for next time or spend the big bucks on UPHs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter