Learning to cope and needing advice.

JeansG

Mouseketeer
I've looked online and done some research about it, of course. But there are still some question I'd be happy if people around here (that knew or experienced it) could help me with.

If you're in a relationship with someone that has finger warts how close can you get?

My partner recently found out that she has warts on her fingers and thumbs and I'm entirely new to this. I've never had them or had a partner with them. So I'm trying to be as understanding as I can, while being careful, but at the same time, not wanting to treat her like a leper.

Can you hold their hand?

Can you hug them?

Kiss them?

Just how contagious is it?

Can I sleep in the same bed as them? Will I get it by hugging them or kissing them?

It's the first time I've experienced something like this and we live far away from each other. I will be seeing her in this upcoming month, but I don't know much about the condition. I'm so entirely new to it. I'm trying to be safe as possible while at the same time not hurt or treating her distant

I've read different suggestions and explanations online. But I'm hoping I can get some more rounded suggestions here.

My concern is that I'm staying over at their house for a month and I was worried about catching them from the sheets or close contact. (Touching other areas that aren't the wart.) I'm planning on wearing flip-flops to the bathroom and walking in socks or shoes around the house. Also I'll be pumping my immune system up before the trip there with multivitamins, exercising, and drinking a lot of grape juice (which is what I read was recommended online.)

Mostly my main fear is that I'll kiss my partner and wake up a few months later to warts in my mouth. That or/and that we will be intimate and (even though with protection) will catch genital warts. (I've read that they're not the same type of warts as finger warts, but I also read that it can spread there either way.)

Any helpful advice is highly appreciated! Thanks you.

Gosh, I don't know. I would feel as you do, and do a LOT of researching online.

I hope you find your answers, and it all works out.:)

Gosh, I don't know. I would feel as you do, and do a LOT of researching online.

I hope you find your answers, and it all works out.

Thank you. :goodvibes I have been doing quite a lot of research, I've gone from Wikipedia to health forums and other unrelated forums, but I guess that what I'm looking for is really some suggestions and advice from people with similar experiences.

Some type of assurance, I guess. It's still a month away, but it concerns me a lot.

Thank you for the your kind words though! I'll continue researching.

I had a wart on my finger once, and a wart on my foot. I know I got the foot one from a public shower by not wearing flip flops. Not sure about the hand one. You may try asking a dermatologist how they are contracted.

Just did a quick google search and warts are caused by HPV. The virus gets in through cuts and scrapes in the skin. The site I looked at said you can get the virus from using towels etc the someone with the virus has used if you have open cuts. However just because you are exposed doesn't mean you will get warts. A lot of people's immune system fight of the virus naturally.

If this is something that is really worrying you I would visit the doctor and make sure you have all the facts so you can make some informed decisions.

Hope you are able to get it all sorted before your vacation.:hug:

Quasar

Just did a quick google search and warts are caused by HPV. The virus gets in through cuts and scrapes in the skin. The site I looked at said you can get the virus from using towels etc the someone with the virus has used if you have open cuts. However just because you are exposed doesn't mean you will get warts. A lot of people's immune system fight of the virus naturally.

Thank you StitchesGr8Fan. That helps a lot, my main concern was just HOW exposed I could be without getting infected. I'll be wearing flip-flops to the bathroom and using my own towel. They're Plantar Warts and I know my partner is trying like crazy any remedy that she can find to make them heal faster. We've heard from using Nail Polish to Superglue...to even something with banana peals. As well as the actual over-the-counter medications which she'll be getting. Hopefully my immune system is tough enough to fight it off.:goodvibes Thank you.

If this is something that is really worrying you I would visit the doctor and make sure you have all the facts so you can make some informed decisions.

Hope you are able to get it all sorted before your vacation.

Thanks quasar4legs, I'm going to see a doctor today and hopefully they'll clear up any questions about it. Thank you so much for your wishes and I hope so too!:hug:

I am glad you have decided to see the doctor, it's important to look after our health.

Take care
Quasar

Both my kids have had bouts with Plantar warts on their feet. None of the usual remedies worked but out doctor told me to use large doses of Vitamin C to help fight the virus. It worked with DS who had them first and then when DD had some show up we just started the C immediately and it took care of it.

Maybe your partner can try that as well as whatever else she is trying. A month might take care of the active occurrence she is currently experiencing. I think we used about 1000mg daily for 6 and 7 yr olds at the time.

Both my kids have had bouts with Plantar warts on their feet. None of the usual remedies worked but out doctor told me to use large doses of Vitamin C to help fight the virus. It worked with DS who had them first and then when DD had some show up we just started the C immediately and it took care of it.

Maybe your partner can try that as well as whatever else she is trying. A month might take care of the active occurrence she is currently experiencing. I think we used about 1000mg daily for 6 and 7 yr olds at the time.

Thank you, Rodeo!

We went to the doctor and she was given some medication. They've been getting smaller as time passes. The suggestion of Vitamin C is really appreciated! Thank you! :goodvibes I'll make sure to tell her this! I'm glad your children got better! Hoping it works out for us too!

Thank you, Quasar! :)

I'm hoping that by the time I go to stay the issue has minimized. The warts have been getting smaller and smaller and she has stopped biting her fingers the moment she found out she had Plantar Warts. So, hopefully, we can kiss without me worrying about contracting the illness.

Thank you guys for all the help really!:hug:

This has been the most supporting forum I've found!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter