Leapster 2 vs Original

frankiemom

DIS Veteran
I have a question my daughter is 5 and has played with my son's Leapster (original one) for about 2 years now. I saw a good deal on the Leapster 2 for Black Friday. Is it worth it to buy the new version or should I just save the money and stay with the one she has? I heard the new Leapster games do different things on the newer Leapster as opposed to the older one. Is that true?

I have a question my daughter is 5 and has played with my son's Leapster (original one) for about 2 years now. I saw a good deal on the Leapster 2 for Black Friday. Is it worth it to buy the new version or should I just save the money and stay with the one she has? I heard the new Leapster games do different things on the newer Leapster as opposed to the older one. Is that true?

I have been looking at the leaked ads and have not found a Leapster 2 on Black Friday. Where did you see it?

We like the Leapster 2. There are a few free games you can download onto an SD card if you get a Leapster 2 (I know Letterpillar is one). The extra games were worth the extra $10 or so cost.

The one in the Toys R Us ad is bulkier than a Leapster 2 and I'd think the Leapster 2 would be more comfortable for little hands.

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but I had a related question.....will the regular leapster fit in the carrying case for the Leapster 2?

I can't find the Leapster 2 in the TRU ad - I see the original Leapster for $29.99, but not the Leapster 2. Am I missing it? I was thinking about getting one of these for DS.

you might be looking at the Big Book, not the BF ad.. ther eis no special on teh currently listed (BFADS) scan for TRU-BF

I think Target has it also, but for $50.. I personally like the L2 as it doesn't seem that stylus is in a horrible location on the front.

check on leapfrog's site as well. Last year I got a special edition Cars Leapster 2, a back pack, and the Cars as well as Word Chasers cartridges all for roughly $80 shipped. It was a special offer right on their site. HTH

edited to add the link of current deals http://www.leapfrog.com/en/shop/Leapster2.html
edited again to say Pinching your pennies has a link for $4 off any leapster cartridge as well

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but I had a related question.....will the regular leapster fit in the carrying case for the Leapster 2?

Yes! We have the original Leapster and a Leapster 2 case. Fits perfectly well with up to 5 games.

compared with leapster game 1, I prefer leapster 2, because leapster 2 can connect to the Internet to download to upgrade the game functions. Leapster 1 always got some problems with connection and less game support. Game cannot upgrade. So leaspter 2 better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter