• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Leap year feb 29th 2012 wdw Plans

The rumour that at least one of the parks will be open for 24 hours is an interesting one and it fits in with "More magic, more memories, more time" from the teaser and "Disney parks will be celebrating like never before" from the announcement.

Here's a pie in the sky idea - they will make admission free to everyone for that day. :laughing:

Here's a pie in the sky idea - they will make admission free to everyone for that day. :laughing:

I hope they don't ...
many guests booked their tickets long in advance. A free for all park would basically mean loosing a day on their tickets for many people, as well as a much higher crowd. I guess that would be far from a good news for those who will be there
... and, yes, I'll be in the World at that time, lol :)

So the rumours were true - on 29th Feb 2012 Magic Kingdom park at WDW and Disneyland park in California will be open for 24 hours from 6:00 a.m.

Also if you book, before Jan 31st, a stay of 3 nights or more between Feb 26th and March 10th you will get an extra night free.

Finally Disney are giving away holidays but only for US and Canada residents.

Not the greatest i dont think, bring back year of a million dreams!

is it wrong to be pleased the free nights don't start till the week after we come home? I was dreading it making it really busy!!

Year of a Million Dreams was an amazing promotion! We went twice during that time and received awesome perks on both visits.

I am amazed and disappointed Disney would put so much hype into one day that would make it overcrowded that day and most would already have booked their travel for that week, other than those living within less than a half day drive away might take advantage of it.

I have mixed emotions about that.

24 hrs opening on the 29th sounds nice. We'll probably try to go very late into the night/early morning and try skipping the crowds of the afternoon. Or try to take advantage of the morning EMH on March 1st, since most guests will still be in bed that morning ...

But the buy 3 nights get one free deal sure raises concern for me. The eligible dates fall dead on the dates I'll be staying in WDW. I originally booked those dates because crowds were supposed to be low, and in between president's week end and the height of spring break. No it seems that this deal will bring more guests to the parks, and I sure hope there will not be too many last minute guests.
Yeah I know, it's selfish, but when you book 6 months in advance (or more), last minute deals like that might require some rework on the whole trip planning thing. Ok, I'll get some aspirin, and get back to the drawing board ...
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter