Leap Day - February 29 2012

I am trying to work some magic to be there. I am not sure if it's happening just yet, but I know that I want to be there for the 24 hours.

Honestly, they had better plan to feed folks in the middle of the night. People that are sleep deprived tend to eat more because their bodies are craving energy. Add to that the fact that it's going to be cold and sunrise doesn't happen until after the 6AM park close on the 1st and you can see that a Mickey Bar is not going to cut it. They need to make sure that their guests can find some "real" food.

I have no idea what kind of operations nightmare this is going to be for the parks, but I am guessing that there is some pretty strong cussing under their breathes of the "Marketing Geniuses" that came up with this one. lol

Plus they need to make provisions for us to charge our iPhones....I'm sure mine won't last 24 hours. :lmao:

I asked my wife if she mined if I when down for Two days by myself. I told her I could do the trip for under $300.

Her response "What are you insane!? What are you gonna do in a kiddie park,for 24 hours, by yourself?"

That's what I'm living with.

I asked my wife if she mined if I when down for Two days by myself. I told her I could do the trip for under $300.

Her response "What are you insane!? What are you gonna do in a kiddie park,for 24 hours, by yourself?"

I say go for it! It is a once in a lifetime type of event. My DH is mad because I am leaving him behind with the kids and going with my mom & sister. There might be divorce papers waiting for me when I come home. :rotfl:

Sarah

:headache: Time to trade up dude.

New headrest on my wheelchair, and both motors are working properly. The brushes in the motors have burned up, so once the new brushes come in, I will be fine. Now, it's just paperwork and mail order. Still hopeful for Leap Day, but it will be very close.

I jokingly mentioned going to my wife. And she is all for it! I could not believe it! :banana: So now were checking into everything. So I may actually be there! I have the greatest wife! :love:

My mom's 60th birthday is on Leap Day AND we are going to DW! Flying in on the 28th, flying out on the 1st. Just for the open 24 hours.
Staying at GF with my mom, sister and 2 of my moms coworkers who have never been to DW. Also celebrating their 30th & 50th birthdays which are right before we get there.

So excited!

Sarah
Hey, Happy Leap Day Birthday to your Mom! Is she a member of the Honor Society of Leap Year Day Babies? What a great way to spend a 15@60 birthday :) I grew up in Southern California and have been many times in the 60s 70s and 80s.

I think we are in too. Just finalizing and booking everything tomorrow - keeping my fingers crossed. We plan to fly in Tuesday evening and stay until Saturday. I am so excited!

So....it's getting closer! I'm excited that all you Disers are just as crazy as me!

My friend and I did a little trip planning today and we are going to try to hit every attraction in Magic Kingdom on the 29th. I wish they would put out a list of what is going to be open when so we can plan accordingly.

Any advice? Tips? Planning help?

I think we are in too. Just finalizing and booking everything tomorrow - keeping my fingers crossed. We plan to fly in Tuesday evening and stay until Saturday. I am so excited!

:thumbsup2 We are flying in Tuesday morning and leaving Saturday night! :thumbsup2

I am going!
My sister was looking for someone to go with & jokingly I said if you pay I will go. She said seriously that all I have to pay for is airfare and will she take me! I am so excited! I asked my dh that night when I picked him up from work and he said he it would be ok if I went! :thumbsup2

I wish they would put out a list of what is going to be open when so we can plan accordingly.

Me too! Just dumb luck that it's in the middle of our trip, but we are so excited. Kinda throwing a wrench in the planning though, not knowing what's going to open and when during the 24 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter