Le Chefs de France

Joanna & Hunters Mom

I wish I could live at Disney!!
I just booked Le Chefs de France for our Sept vacation, in lieu of the hoped for Le Cellier... The CM that helped me said that LCDF has an awesome steak too.

Has anyone been there lately?? Also do they still have Remy as a character there? Any help or pics;) is greatly appreciated!

Here's a link to our review from last fall:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=35033970#post35033970

Lots of pictures in there. Yes - they've got a good steak. :thumbsup2

I believe our table ordered a grand total of 4 of these fabulous pieces of beef! No complaints! Just clean plates! :goodvibes

(And with the price, you'd better be on the dining plan for this particular meal!)

And I believe Remy is still there (maybe someone more recent can say)... I think he shows up generally betwen 12-6pm, or thereabouts...

It was our favorite restaurant there in August, I think we had about 12 TS meals. I had lobster bisque and short ribs I believe, it was delicious. (plus a glass of champagne of course) We all liked it better than Le Cellier actually.

We were there in December and LOVED it! The food was great and the atmosphere was fun but not crazy. We are going back to the world in September and almost booked again and may change our rezzie to there. :)

We were at Chefs de France last week. Remy came out at 12:30 and made his rounds to every table.

This was BY FAR the best meal of our trip. The service and atmosphere, along with the food, was well above the other restaurants.

We also ate at Le Cellier, Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, and Cinderella's Royal table.

Le Cellier is vastly overpriced and vastly overrated in my humble opinion. It just does not feel "Disney" in there. Don't believe all the hype. Unless you get it at the 6 month window, you can't eat there. I believe everyone is trying to book it because it's the best deal for the Dining Plan and it becomes a game for people just to get in there.....just my opinion.

Le Chefs de France will be a MUST every time I visit Disney.

I have a 5:15 ADR in Sept. Will Remy be there? I know he is usually there at noon, but wasn't sure about dinner. thanks

Supposedly if you have an adr by 5:20pm you should be in luck, but that was when our adr was for (I purposely picked that time to be able to see him) and we missed him. Still, our dinner was great and in the end we didn't mind, we saw lots of characters everywhere else.

Remy begins his last round at 5:20, but you might want to make an ADR for little earlier, just in case you aren't seated on time. When we were there, we noticed that once he had finished a section of the restaurant he did not go back to visit any newly seated tables.

Also he does not appear on Sundays.

Kim T :figment:

We ate there last week and it was so-so. My husband had the better meal with the house salad and he really enjoyed the duck. My meal wasn't that spectacular... I had the "Salade au bleu" which was boring and then the shorts ribs which weren't especially tender. The best part was dessert, we had the creme brulee and the crepe which were both tasty.

Service was slow - at least our server was slow.

We had a late dinner, so no Remy for us.

We probably won't return there for our next visit.

Remy is Inside Les Chefs de France.
Monday-Saturday at 12:30, 1:40, 2:50 & 5:20pm .He does not appear at all on Sundays and it is not like a traditional character meal per se.He starts going thru the dining room at the times posted.If you miss him, you miss him.He does not come around to catch people that may have missed him.We got seated late in Decmber and completely missed his little show

I would take France over LC anyday. I eat steak in almost every resturant . France had the best. Loved it :thumbsup2:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter