Le Cellier

Alderbrook

DIS Veteran
Is the food like the Keg or comparable? We have reservations in Sept but I was just curious. Everyone seems to rave about it, but isn't it just a steakhouse?

I actually prefer the Keg to Le Cellier. Too bad Le Cellier doesn't offer the Baseball Sirloin! :)

It's good..not great.
The Cheddar Cheese soup is good ...the steaks are too. But it's only as hard to get in to because it is small.:confused3

Is the food like the Keg or comparable? We have reservations in Sept but I was just curious. Everyone seems to rave about it, but isn't it just a steakhouse?

Le Cellier is top notch!!! Love the Filet!!!! Best foods we usually eat! Between that and captains Grille....love the snow crab legs there!

I love the Keg better than Le Cellier. We were just at Le Cellier last week, and the food was just OK. Could have better spent that $$$ elsewhere. But it just means that next trip, we won't have to do it. ;)

Now Teppan Edo in Japan, our opinion, can't be beat! We've never had a bad meal there, and it's well worth the $$$ we spend!

The Keg is way better than Le Cellier. After waiting 3 years to finally get a reservation, LC was very disappointing. If you want a great steakhouse at WDW, go to The Yachtsman at YBC. Excellent service, ambiance and outstanding steak.

Well I won't have my hopes up then. I'm not a huge steak eater but my mom has always wanted to eat at Le Cellier. I can remember being a teenager & walking by Canada & my mom always saying she wanted to eat there, but it was so pricey we never did, now that we have the dining plan we're going to hit it up there just to say we've done it LOL :)

We had a steak dinner at Shutters at CBR last year & the steak was really good, so if Le Cellier is just as good we'll be happy :)

Well, I guess I am just the opposite, I have never had a bad meal at Le Cellier, whereas I certainly cannot say that about the Keg...

I guess it is all about the ambiance..the location for Le Cellier is quite unique and maybe that is what makes it great...although I thought the steak was very good...

We liked the food at Le Cellier, but it's like so many restaurants at Disney - We're not really there for the food. It's the Disney experience. In Le Cellier's case, it's fun to talk to the Canadian CMs and see what they think about serving people wanting the Canadian experience. :goodvibes

I just recently ate there 2 weeks ago and the food was fabulous, I had the filet. No comparison to the Keg imo, which I like. I can't wait until our next trip to eat there again, maybe twice so that I can have the filet again, and also try something new.

Never been to--or even heard of--the Keg. However, le Cellier, in my opinion, is comparable to a good to fine steakhouse. At least going by our one visit this Christmas.

Elements of our dinner were on par with truly fine dining (our "duck three ways" appetizer, for instance) and other elements were average and not exactly worth such top prices. One element--their "poutine"--was just weird and should be avoided. None of our large group reported anything other than excellent cuts of meat and perfect doneness to order.

Never been to--or even heard of--the Keg. However, le Cellier, in my opinion, is comparable to a good to fine steakhouse. At least going by our one visit this Christmas.

Elements of our dinner were on par with truly fine dining (our "duck three ways" appetizer, for instance) and other elements were average and not exactly worth such top prices. One element--their "poutine"--was just weird and should be avoided. None of our large group reported anything other than excellent cuts of meat and perfect doneness to order.

The Keg is a really popular, & quite expensive steakhouse in Ontario, not sure if they're across Canada?

I hate poutine so we're good there, would never order it here so probably won't be ordering it there :goodvibes

I agree with most of the posters in that Le Cellier is okay, not great. We have done it twice but probably won't do it again. You have to do it once, to be patriotic :rotfl: We didn't even like our server this time, had a bit of a used car salesman sheen.

I wonder what it would be like if it was run by The Keg? For one thing dessert would be a lot harder to chose,if they had both the maple creme brule and billy miner pie.

I definitely like LeCellier better than the Keg. I find that i can cook better steaks at home than what you get at the Keg. The mushroom fillet at LeCellier though, that's delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter