Le Cellier-WWYD

NurseJes

Mouseketeer
We went to Le Cellier for the first time last January. I was so excited aout getting a PRIME ressie at 8:00 two months before our trip. :) DH loved it, and said he for sure wants to go back this coming January. I liked it, but it was mediocre steak, in my opinion. Not worth the 2 meal credits for dinner, but also to heavy of a meal for lunch. He'll go along with whatever I say, because I am, as he puts it "the Disney extraordinaire" although I am but a young grasshopper compared to some of you. :worship: I just feel divided, knowing that he loves it, but that I don't think it's really worth it. Is there another good one credit steak option? :confused3

le celliar is also available for lunch. instead of being the 2 credits, its only 1. My family and i are going there for lunch in July.

Hope i helped!
Kevin

We also love LeCellier, but I don't want to use 2 credits for
dinner. We are going in 40 days and I was so lucky to get a
lunch res. We have had lunch there but we walked it off and
had a late dinner. It is a must have res. for us.

If he wants steak and you are willing to use the 2 credits, I would head over to Yachtsman. Far better in my opinion.
However, if he is stuck on Le Cellier, I say just book it. The only restaurant dbf picked last trip was Ohana. I'm not crazy about Ohana but I did it for him. He was happy but also said that it wasn't as good as last time. So I don't have to book it for awhile now..yeah!!! Ohana and Le Cellier lovers....no offense. I think they are both good restaurants, just nothing exciting for us anymore.

I not sure where the best place to get a steak is now but we used to enjoy Le Cellier until our trip this past October when dinner was still one credit on the dining plan. We had a very late ressie. 9:15 was all we could get. Our filet mignon was not filet mignon. They substituted with NY strip steak or some other cut but it was definitely not filet mignon. They did not acknowledge it, just served it to us. Our waiter must have heard me discussing it with my husband as he did not charge us for our appetizers.

I would not use 2ts credits to eat at Le Cellier. I personally didn't think it was the best option as a 1 ts either. Below are a few that I have enjoyed as a 1ts credit when it comes to a steak. And I also would not want to eat a huge and heavy meal like a steak in the middle of the day and then hop back on attractions or run around full like that during the heat of the mid day.

Captains Grill
Coral Reef
Whispering Canyon (very good ribeye)
Kona Cafe
Grand Floridian Cafe

All five of these I actually like better for their steaks than Le Cellier, even while it was a 1ts restaurant. ;)

The 2 best steaks I've had at Disney for 1 credit meals were:

Chefs de France - excellent, only served at, Dinner I believe.
Shutters (at CRB) totally did not expect it. Not in a park though.

Coral Reef also has a decent steak and is 1 credit. I've had good to mediocre there.

Maya Grill is usually pretty good for 1 credit.

We went to Le Cellier for the first time last January. I was so excited aout getting a PRIME ressie at 8:00 two months before our trip. :) DH loved it, and said he for sure wants to go back this coming January. I liked it, but it was mediocre steak, in my opinion. Not worth the 2 meal credits for dinner, but also to heavy of a meal for lunch. He'll go along with whatever I say, because I am, as he puts it "the Disney extraordinaire" although I am but a young grasshopper compared to some of you. :worship: I just feel divided, knowing that he loves it, but that I don't think it's really worth it. Is there another good one credit steak option? :confused3

Be sure to read through the new dinner menu. It's completely different than the dinner menu we had at LC in September. The lunch menu is still the same and it's 1 credit. I think if you read through the new dinner menu and it doesn't appeal to you/DH, then try a different place. Virtually all restaurants at Disney have steak on the menu.

If your DH really wants eat there, then you should go. I know you don't want a heavy lunch, but you could go at lunch & order lighter items (the steak salad & cheese soup are great). Or, go at dinner & get something different. You could also use 2 dinings credits for DH's dinner & pay OOP for your selection(s).

I also love Le Cellier. I won't waste 2TS credits for dinner. I'm going for lunch.

I would recommend that you and he look at the menu, as it has changed. There are a few steaks and sides not on it anymore.

We loved LC, but in our opinion it isn't worth 2 TS credits. And it only confirmed it when they got rid of DH's coffee rubbed steak. LOL

If you are considering lunch, check that also, as not everything is offered during this time.

So after looking at the menu he may not want to return.

I was really disapointed in my steak at le cellier. I honestly would never go back, I feel this place is over-rated. Their cheese soup wasnt even all that great! Maybe im spoiled in toronto? Cause i've had better soup at my local subway shop. I'd go elsewhere, anywhere but le cellier!

INstead of Le Cellier, why not try Captain's Grill? That was our favorite steaks of the week and it was only one credit. I also loved their mashed potatoes. I like you didn't think Le Cellier was worth two credits or all the hype for that matter! Enjoy your trip!

We also have a lunch ressie, not worth 2 TS.

If you don't want to go for lunch, why not try Kona Cafe? We had a wonderful steak there! :love:

IMO.

If Le Cellier is something your DH really wants, I'd book a late lunch for just 1 credit :). But as a pp mentioned, if you're willing to use 2 TS credits, Yachtsman Steakhouse is a great choice :thumbsup2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter