Le Cellier worst meal of trip

Aerinha

DIS Veteran
So excited to have the wagyu ribs again only to find they changed the menu and no longer offer it. The korbutta pork was tiny, thank god I ate all three rolls, and wasn't very warm. The procuitto wrapping was the best part.

Dessert was the smoking mousse which was just awful. First it was hard to cut and all they gave me was a spoon. Then it tasted of fake char, it was like I inhaled grill smoke. Think eating the burning odor in Spaceship Earth at the burning library scene. Yuck!!! Hours later the flavor is still repeating on me

Server was friendly but he never asked if I had the dining plan, I brought it up after hearing him ask every other table, nor did he offer more rolls like my last server did. He didn't explain them to me or the table next to me either. I knew what they were but the neighbors complained. He didn't offer refills until I was a out to order dessert and checked on me once right after another server brought my entree ...I hadn't even tasted it yet

I will not be going back

Signature restaurants change their menus all the time. They only keep what the consider their core items, or signature dishes like the potato snapper at Flying Fish. If you didn't like the dessert, you could have asked for something else. No one forced you to eat it if you didn't like it. :confused3

Signature restaurants change their menus all the time. They only keep what the consider their core items, or signature dishes like the potato snapper at Flying Fish. If you didn't like the dessert, you could have asked for something else. No one forced you to eat it if you didn't like it. :confused3

Not sure what you do at restaurants but when served something I, you know, take a bite. Dessert came, I finally managed to crack a piece of mine off with the spoon and ate it, establishing that it was hard as a rock and tasted like an ash tray. If there is some other way of determining a piece of food is not to your liking, please share as I would rather not have had that disgusting thing in my mouth.

I swallowed that one bite and stopped eating it, but To send it back the waiter would have had to come near me again. Which was apparently hard for him to do. When he came back with a bill I told him and he shrugged it off the same way he shrugged off that the guy next to me had to hack through his filet and didn't eat it. I have since read other reviews elsewhere complaining how the smoke permeates the dish and ruins it. I could have demanded a manager but I was on free dining so it is not like I paid for it.

I know they change menus which is why I checked it the day before when i could have cancelled the adr. It changed overnight and I was stuck. However, I did not say it was a bad meal because the ribs were gone, I said it was bad because it was.

But to end the "confusion" I was giving a review, which is my opinion, and passing along that the menu changed recently. I wasn't asking to be treated like I was being ridiculous, picky or dumb.

You're reading what you want into my response. You never said you only ate one bite of the dessert, you never said that you had checked the menu. I was suppose to know this from your first post?

My original response still stands. You could have asked for a different dessert.

You also could have caught the attention of another server to get yours, or asked another server to get a manager. How is a restaurant supposed to know you have an issue unless you speak up? I'm not making excuses for bad service but again, it can't be fixed unless they're aware there is an problem.

You said you enjoyed it before, but you'll let one bad experience ruin it for you? We've already established the menu changes, so the likelihood of you running into the smoking dessert again is minimal, and you also aren't likely to have that waiter again.

I've also been disappointed with the menu changes at Le Cellier and have chosen not to go back with their current menu. I wasn't impressed with my last meal there or the service so am in no rush to return.

I would like to give it another try one day though since I have had previous good experiences there.

I definitely would have requested a new dessert, blech.

Sorry your meal wasn't very good. LeCellier is a 2credit restaurant which I don't think is worth it. We have eaten there when it was 1 credit and I never understood why people raved about it. Yes it is good but not great. We have had some not great food at Disney and many not great waiters. Sometimes with terrible food and terrible servers you just want to get out of the restaurant and move on. I sometimes think since it is only the 2 of us that we mostly get ignored by the servers. The best service we have had consistently is France the servers were wonderful each time we ate there. No other restaurant compares.

Haha, that dessert, oh my goodness, it sounds horrible! I can't even imagine what any kind of char taste would be doing in a dessert...unless we were talking about a charred marshmallow on a stick.

It's been rare that I have called a wait staff over and said, "This 'whatever' tastes horrible and I want a replacement.' In fact, I don't think I have ever done that, but there HAVE been times I said, "And...as you are doing the bill, please take that 'whatever' off the bill as it was inedible."

If you were on the DP, that wouldn't apply. I totally understand your frustration. When we eat at an excellent restaurant, we look forward to having that excellent meal again. This September, we weren't overly fond of our meal at Vic & Al's. Imagine that! We had had a king's feast there this past May.

We booked Le Cellier for one specific meal for my fiancé. And of course it's off the menu now :( we couldn't find a reservation elsewhere so we're gonna suck it up and go anyway.

I remember the last time I went here which was like in 2009.
It was horrible. They stuck us (my mom and I) in a corner and just didn't bother with us. They took their time taking care of people who weren't on the dining plan to get better tips. and worst of all it was my birthday. nothing special happened either. I don't think it's worth 2 TS now either. I don't think we gave a tip there either due to lousy service. We spent 2 hours eating because they didn't bother with us. What a lousy restaurant. :(

Aaww, that's unfortunate about your food & especially the service! I have not been to Le Cellier yet but I do want to go only to try the cheese soup & poutine (which I'd assume would be more than enough w/the bread service for a meal - albeit one of the most unhealthiest meals ever).

Not sure what you do at restaurants but when served something I, you know, take a bite. Dessert came, I finally managed to crack a piece of mine off with the spoon and ate it, establishing that it was hard as a rock and tasted like an ash tray. If there is some other way of determining a piece of food is not to your liking, please share as I would rather not have had that disgusting thing in my mouth.

I swallowed that one bite and stopped eating it, but To send it back the waiter would have had to come near me again. Which was apparently hard for him to do. When he came back with a bill I told him and he shrugged it off the same way he shrugged off that the guy next to me had to hack through his filet and didn't eat it. I have since read other reviews elsewhere complaining how the smoke permeates the dish and ruins it. I could have demanded a manager but I was on free dining so it is not like I paid for it.

I know they change menus which is why I checked it the day before when i could have cancelled the adr. It changed overnight and I was stuck. However, I did not say it was a bad meal because the ribs were gone, I said it was bad because it was.

But to end the "confusion" I was giving a review, which is my opinion, and passing along that the menu changed recently. I wasn't asking to be treated like I was being ridiculous, picky or dumb.

Did you ever once ask him to see the manager? Did you ever happen to get up go to the front and ask the guy or girl there for the manager? How can they make things right if you wait to come home, get on the internet and tell everyone how bad it was without every telling them.

I remember the last time I went here which was like in 2009.
It was horrible. They stuck us (my mom and I) in a corner and just didn't bother with us. They took their time taking care of people who weren't on the dining plan to get better tips. and worst of all it was my birthday. nothing special happened either. I don't think it's worth 2 TS now either. I don't think we gave a tip there either due to lousy service. We spent 2 hours eating because they didn't bother with us. What a lousy restaurant. :(

ever bring it to the managers attention? if the table location wasnt to your liking you could of, as you were being brought over, ask to be seated else where. People have bad days, YES even cooks and wait staff, but not saying anything is far worse

I noticed that the last time I ate there, the risotto was much more salty than I remember. It's a shame. I ended up nixing it off of our "go to" list. I did always like the "chocolate moose," though!

Unfortunately, we had similar experience the last time we ate at Le Cellier as well. It was such a better restaurant in the past, not I am not sure when we will give it another go. Much prefer Flying Fish or Chefs de France now.

Sorry you had a bad experience. On holidays, not fun when things do not work out from what you expect. Especially when you are paying this amount of money.

We went to Le Cellier last year for our honeymoon and we weren't impressed. Both DH and I agreed the food was better at just about every other restaurant we went to. DH much preferred his steak from Rose and Crown. But honestly, overall, we much preferred all of the 1-credit TS restaurants to the 2-credit ones we went to. I liked the atmosphere, but the food just wasn't worth it so we won't be back.

Glad to read we weren't the only ones with a bad experience at LC. Our server was quite rude and totally forgot to take the order for one person at our table. Food was average at best. It had been 5 years since we had dined there and it will be at least 5 more before we attempt it again!

Me and my boyfriend ate for the first time at LC this past December and I also got this same dessert you are talking about. The waiter told us it was going to taste smoky so I went in with that expectation. And yeah, it tasted very smoky. I didn't finish mine either because it was also hard to cut through and the taste was awful. I was on the dining plan and I didn't even want dessert but since it comes with it I got it anyways, so I didn't complain to the waitress or anything either.

Aaww, that's unfortunate about your food & especially the service! I have not been to Le Cellier yet but I do want to go only to try the cheese soup & poutine (which I'd assume would be more than enough w/the bread service for a meal - albeit one of the most unhealthiest meals ever).
The cheese soup isnt something i'd go out of my way for. In my opinion, its nothing special. I actually found the potatoe leek soup at biergarten to be more tasty! But hey, thats just me.

It's awesome. Check TripAdvisor.
Very helpful comment. o_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter