Le Cellier - What Makes is so Good

fbarker

DIS Veteran
Just made reservations for WDW for the week of March 24, 2012. It looks like this is going to be a very busy time but it is the only time my wife and I can go. I made reservations at Le Cellier for Sunday March 24th at 6:05pm. From everything I have been reading I feel very fortunate to first get the reservation and second for such a great time.

Please let me know what makes Le Cellier so good. As i read many of the posts here many people say there is better food at a number of places but Le Cellier seems to be so popular. So please let me know why you love it so much.

Thanks

My husband and I both absolutely LOVE Le Cellier. :lovestruc You will, of course, get some negative reviews as any restaurant would. We have both always gotten the filet, him with the risotto and me with mashed potatoes as a substitute. My husband is very picky with his steaks, he has some texture issues. He hasn't had any issue with either of the steaks he's had there. You can nearly cut the filet with a fork it's so tender. We are both very fond of mushrooms so the filet is perfect for us. We also both love the pretzel bread dipped in the cheddar cheese soup. My mouth is watering right now just thinking about it. We're going to be going back for dinner at Le Cellier in October, actually. When I asked my husband the one restaurant he wanted to go to that was his choice. :cloud9:

A lot of the negative reviews come the tables being very close together, and I do have to agree with this. The tables are pretty packed in there, but I'm not a shy person and don't mind being close-ish to the table next to us. It's not like I'm eating dinner with them, the tables aren't that close together.

Enjoy your amazing meal! :goodvibes

My husband and I both absolutely LOVE Le Cellier. :lovestruc You will, of course, get some negative reviews as any restaurant would. We have both always gotten the filet, him with the risotto and me with mashed potatoes as a substitute. My husband is very picky with his steaks, he has some texture issues. He hasn't had any issue with either of the steaks he's had there. You can nearly cut the filet with a fork it's so tender. We are both very fond of mushrooms so the filet is perfect for us. We also both love the pretzel bread dipped in the cheddar cheese soup. My mouth is watering right now just thinking about it. We're going to be going back for dinner at Le Cellier in October, actually. When I asked my husband the one restaurant he wanted to go to that was his choice. :cloud9:

A lot of the negative reviews come the tables being very close together, and I do have to agree with this. The tables are pretty packed in there, but I'm not a shy person and don't mind being close-ish to the table next to us. It's not like I'm eating dinner with them, the tables aren't that close together.

Enjoy your amazing meal! :goodvibes

Thanks for your input.....I think a filet is going to be my choice!!

Tried this for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and I must admit that the ribeye is quite excellent.

We have been three times now and I have to admit if we were planning another trip to WDW we would be planning another trip to Le Cellier.

The negative is the close proximity of the tables - not the sort of surroundings to warrant the signature price but the food is very good.

I can highly recommend the mushroom filet but other members of my family have tried the other steaks and also rate them highly. DH had the fish once and also thought this was very good.

The cheddar cheese soup is a must for my DS but a bit too cheesy for me (if you know what I mean ;) )

The wine and beer flights are very good there too and there are some unusual Canadian offerings.

Didn't care for the chocolate mousse but the maple creme brulee is worth a visit alone.

Filet melts in your mouth, risotto creamy and delicious, pretzel bread so soft and yummy and fit well into my purse for a snack later ;), cheese soup creamy, rich and well....cheesy goodness!!

Desserts were yummy too, but who really had room for them!!

We love Le Cellier and are going back again.::yes::

What makes Le Cellier so good?

You can look at the menu and you can mix and match a meal that is perfect for you. In the appetizers, you can have your choices of different salads/veggies and sea food, and everything is delicious. But my choice is the cheddar, bacon and beer soup. I know... How can you get excited over a soup? Very easily. It is yummy by itself. But when you combine it with the warm pretzel bread, it is on par with some of the best apps in WDW. Now the entree's. Same thing. There is NO bad choice here. I'm biased to prime N.Y. strip. Dessert might seem a little limited, but it does seem to appeal to individual tastes. But I'll let you in on a secret. The best dessert is no longer on the menu, BUT if you ask (as of our visit last month), they will make it. That dessert is the chocolate mousse moose. It is cute, light and delicious.

The only downside that I have (others might think it's a plus) is that they change their menu fairly often. My fiance' loved their K.C. strip that is no longer on the menu.

Enjoy your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter