Le Cellier vs. Kona Cafe

I went to both a few weeks ago and I preferred Kona for sure! I got the sticky wings for appetizer, beef teriyaki for my entree, and white chocolate cheesecake for dessert! It was wonderful! Oh and the bread that they gave us at Kona was far better than the pretzel bread at LeCellier. LeCellier was good but not great like Kona! You can read my reviews on the review board if you want.

Our dinner at Kona definitely DID NOT live up to the hype. To say it nicely, it was gross. The best thing about the whole meal was the wings. They are delicious! But the rest of the meal was not good. Plus, our service was lacking.

Our dinner at Le Cellier was awesome!! We wished we could've gone back a second time! The food was fabulous and our server, Patrick, was beyond great!

We just got back and went to both, my review of Kona is up already on the dining review thread if you are interested. We really enjoyed our meal there, Le Cellier was good but I wasn't blown away. Perhaps I made some poor menu choices, but I wasn't as happy with it as I thought I would be. Both are good though, we just liked Kona better for atmosphere, food, and service.

I have been to both and enjoyed the food at Le Celier better. - my dbf meal was better than my own (I wish I could remember what it was) -
But Kona was good too -- It was just really crowded.

I haven't been to either yet, but what I've read many times on the reviews re: Kona seems to echo Disneymotherof3's post.

I've read many reviews where people mentioned that the only really good item was the wings and that their service was terrible, that they felt they were forgotten about. And that seating itself can be hit or miss which often adds to the inattentive service. It seems that there are some tables that are really stuck off in a corner and because of this they weren't part of the action and didn't always get the best food when it came out.

Those reviews made me a bit nervous as it will be just hubby and I so I fear that we'll be more likely to get a hidden table than larger families.

But just to note, I wasn't choosing Le Cellier over Kona. That was just my reason for not adding Kona to our list of potential places to go. And originally, Le Cellier hadn't made the original cut, but we are considering it now because we are looking for one of the Epcot World Showcase restaurants and our first choice (Alfredo's) is closing prior to our trip. (We do know about the new developments in Italy, but we're just not sure yet what we want to do.)

I loved Kona Cafe and preferred it to Le Cellier. I wasn't that impressed with my steak, the cheese soup was nice but it was just cheese soup! The Pretzel bread and the cappuccino freeze I had at Le Cellier were good but Kona Cafe, for me, was hands down much better.

My husband totally disagrees with me, he LOVED Le Cellier and wasn't that keen on Kona Cafe. But he's not into exotic foods and the menu at Kona is more interesting and exciting than the one at Le Cellier.

I dont' think either restaurant would really disappoint though!

We have gone to Le Cellier many times over the years and the past few times we have been disapointed in mainly the service. Last trip the food really disapointed us, we think this resturant is just not living up to the hype anymore.
So we tried Kona and we were very happy that we did, more selection for our family and we all came away happy and stuffed. Our service was just like we wanted it, we had time to enjoy each course. Kona was very busy, but no more busy than LC and I did not have to share my conversation with the table next to me.
This trip we made our ADR for Kona and none for Le Cellier.

Bev

I am with Booknut. DH loved Lecellier. I loved Kona. I love the Kiddie Kone. They are both must dos for our trip in October. I think you can't go wrong with either one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter