• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Le Cellier - using a combination of dining credits and cash

cate2

Mouseketeer
This is our 5th trip to Disney and we've never eaten here. My husband loves steak, so I'd love to go here with him (at least once he should get what he likes best :) )
I don't eat steak myself, so my question is, can one meal be paid using dining credits and one meal be paid using cash or would we be better off just paying cash for the whole meal?

Yes you can pay out of pocket for one of the meals. Just let the server know when you sit down.

In terms of DDP versus OOP, it really depends on what you plan to order and where else you plan to eat when on the DDP. Le Cellier is considered a Signature restaurant, so it takes two TS credits per person to dine there. It's fairly difficult to make 2 TS locations be economically efficient on the DDP. So in many cases, you're better off paying OOP at Signature loations and using the DDP credits elsewhere, but it all depends on what you order.

In terms of DDP versus OOP, it really depends on what you plan to order and where else you plan to eat when on the DDP. Le Cellier is considered a Signature restaurant, so it takes two TS credits per person to dine there. It's fairly difficult to make 2 TS locations be economically efficient on the DDP. So in many cases, you're better off paying OOP at Signature loations and using the DDP credits elsewhere, but it all depends on what you order.

Yep, signatures being pooled from other night's points isn't worth it.
Now the deluxe dining plan is definitely worth it and dining at a signature each night is substantially cheaper than OOP during free dining.

The TS credit on the regular DDP is worth approximately $38.50 so around $77 at a 2 credit restaurant such as Le Cellier. Take a look at the menu and see how much the steak, dessert and beverage your DH will order will cost.

Thank you everyone. Yes his meal will be about $70 (a little more if he get's a tea) so the two credits are worth it - I think we'll pay for my soup and salad separately though and hold on to those two extra credits. Thanks Kim for the info on the ~ value of the credits. South Jersey, I have to admit that ddp looks pretty tempting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter