Le Cellier sold out at 90 day mark....no way!

DanenRox

Disney Junkies
OK, maybe "way" but c'mon....how is that possible? I'm checking in on Sept 19th. I called today at 9:00 am to take advantage of the 90 + 10 day ressie
window....there are 3 open slots at Le Cellier (all at lunch) between 9/22 and 9/25. How is that possible? We've gone every September for the last 4 years and have never been shut out of a dining reservation at 90 days out. When did these people make these reservations? No availablity, really? Hey I just got an idea, I'm going to call back and break our table of 6 up....maybe that'll help....geez, wish I'd thought of that before. Another 20 minutes on hold with Disney Dining....fun.

Well, if I'm looking at online ressies correctily, you can't book yet for 9/22 (or after). It appears it allows you to book at exactly 90 days out. I'm earlier than 90 days because I could take advantage of the 90 + 10 rule. These had to be all phone reservations.

We're checking in 8/25 and I called exactly on my 90+10 day and couldn't get LeCellier for any of the 8 nights we'll be there.

Yesterday I finally got an 8:55 pm for 8/28 online which actually works out great because on my 90 +10 day I got Coral Reef for 1:25 pm so we'll be able to do both!

Keep trying, especially now that you can make ADRs online. It's so much easier!

Don't forget, people who are arriving a few days before you have been able to book 90 +10 for a couple of days now, hence the restaurant being booked up.
Hopefully it worked for you splitting up your party.

So what's the best strategy to get Le Cellier, at a reasonable dinner time (I have two kids, so eating at 9pm is NOT an option for us!)? I, too, will be calling to book our ressies for 9/22.

thanks

Tables for 5+ at LeCellier are very very few, I think. Even on day 10 of 90+10 for our original dates, I was told that our group of 6 could only get a reservation as 2 tables. I'm planning on trying again for our Sept dates, but I'd rather go with my back-up plan than be split up for dinner.

I called back and was only able to get a lunch for 4. I had her looking for any tables for 2 or 4 people(I gave up on 6) between 9/22 and 9/25. Again, there weren't any dinners available and only a couple of lunches. I opted for a lunch ressie. As an aside, the whole process was long and painfully slow.
Again, we've travel every September during Free Dining and I've never had a problem securing dinner at least one night (and Le Cellier has always been a popular restaurant). Something ain't right....something ain't right.

I got a lunch reservation this morning. I was logged in at 5AM CST. I was looking for a dinner, but I'll take the lunch.

Keep checking! At my 90 day mark, I had 1 lunch ressie available all week. I kept calling back and finally got a dinner for 7:40 (took me a good 3 weeks, but it worked).

all the people who have been able to book the +10 days from their first day have booked all of the rezzies for your 90 days. i called at 7am on my 90 day mark and was only able to get an 845 on my last day where my party of 6 is being split up.

I think the best strategy is to book it for your last, or 10th, night at the 90 day mark.

Fewer people have had access to those dates.

It worked for us!

I called back and was only able to get a lunch for 4. I had her looking for any tables for 2 or 4 people(I gave up on 6) between 9/22 and 9/25. Again, there weren't any dinners available and only a couple of lunches. I opted for a lunch ressie. As an aside, the whole process was long and painfully slow.
Again, we've travel every September during Free Dining and I've never had a problem securing dinner at least one night (and Le Cellier has always been a popular restaurant). Something ain't right....something ain't right.

I think a big part of it is the new system. Disney had to bring it up some time, but their IT track record frankly sucks and I think they're using the free diners as the "guinea pigs" because they know this is a group of guests that won't get fed up with long hold times, system crashes, and otherwise difficult ADR experiences and just say "Oh well, we'll have CS or eat offsite". We're the captive audience for their tech roller coaster right now.

Way!

Le Cellier is quite small, and those who had 90 + 10 ahead of you have already had first shot at it. Plan to try for it at the latest date you can go and still be within your 10 days.

I JUST hung up with Disney Dining and got table for 6 on the 24th at 1:40 at Le Cellier.

I also got Cinderella's Royal Table for 6 at 8:05 am for the 23rd.

I am happily as a clam right now!!!

I think a big part of it is the new system. Disney had to bring it up some time, but their IT track record frankly sucks and I think they're using the free diners as the "guinea pigs" because they know this is a group of guests that won't get fed up with long hold times, system crashes, and otherwise difficult ADR experiences and just say "Oh well, we'll have CS or eat offsite". We're the captive audience for their tech roller coaster right now.

As for me I LOVED their "tech roller coaster"!! I have had NO issues using the online dining system!! It works smoothly and is very efficient with no issues I have had, and trust me here I am on it daily looking for different times and places. I am in the IT field for my work and 90% of the issues come from the end user and the lack of knowledge on how the system works. I applaud Disney with them introducing the online dining reservations as it is 100% better then waiting for hours on the phone listening to It’s a Small World!!!!! Is it perfect nope but its one heck of a start!!!

only issue I have with online dining so far is it doesn't work for Sanaa and I will need to make at least two reservations there.

I called on Friday as it was my 90+10 and was only able to get LeCellier for lunch at 12:35. I tried for dinner for 2 and switched to 3 but there was nothing available. I read somewhere on these boards that they hold tables so there are still some available for people making their 90. I will try again when it gets to be exactly 90 days and see what happens.

It just occurred to me that prior to this year, I've always made reservations at 180 days out. This is the first time I've had to wait till 90 days out. I give the 90 day ADR schedule 2 big fat thumbs down!!!! Boo 90 ADR's!

I had the same problem. We arrive on the 19th as well, and I had to make a lunch reservation because I couldn't get anything for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter