Le Cellier & small children

Cheryl-Feb06

Earning My Ears
Would you attempt Le Cellier with 2 small children (ages 1 & 3)? I have heard it takes a long time to do dinner here and that it is a quieter restaurant, so I did not make ADRs for it. But now I am rethinking. Is this a bad idea, or do a lot of people go with their small kids and do just fine? My kids are generally good in restaurants. Any opinions out there?

We've eaten at Le Cellier many times and seen children of all ages there. It may seem to take longer to eat there because unlike many other Disney restaurants, Le Cellier does not "rush" the meal. At too many Disney restaurants, the entree is delivered before you get the first bite of your appetizer swallowed. Le Cellier does not do this (thankfully!!). It is a relaxed meal -- no rushing. I'd recommend making a reservation for lunch or dinner -- it's a great restaurant to dine at!!

Yes, try LeCellier. It's Disney, children are welcomed. I've eaten there many times, and if you want a speedy meal, they will accommodate that, too. Just tell them you here to eat, not dine, and they hurry the order along. I promise that you won't be disappointed!

Cheryl-Feb06 said:
Would you attempt Le Cellier with 2 small children (ages 1 & 3)? I have heard it takes a long time to do dinner here and that it is a quieter restaurant, so I did not make ADRs for it. But now I am rethinking. Is this a bad idea, or do a lot of people go with their small kids and do just fine? My kids are generally good in restaurants. Any opinions out there?

I love this restaurant. We have ADRs for when we go with my Sister and her family in February. At the time, her kids will be 1 and 2. I don't believe this restaurant is any more challenging than any other restaurant. Keys are to do what you can in advance to make sure kids are rested and ready. If you want to make your meal shorter, forgo the appetizer or dessert.

The last time we dined at Le Cellier our food was out extremely fast!! You shouldn't have a problem. After all it is Disney!!

:sunny:

We went with a 2yoa and a 5yoa...no problems..and they both loved it

Went with a 4-yr-old and a 16-month-old. I think it would have been fine, except we had terrible service - the people around us were seated later and out the door before we got our entrees with a different waiter. I have started re-stating the obvious with waitstaff (sometimes they don't have young kids and don't understand, it seems. At least that is the case locally) that we have young kids with limited attention spans ... that usually seems to get us our food in a stepped-up fashion.

We finally went to Le Cellier on our last visit. We had never put it on our list of restaurants to do, we are from Canada and just thought why bother, but after reading what everyone here has to say we did go, and WOW! It is definately one of my favourites (feel bad we missed it all these years).

I would say that it is appropriate for young children, especially as you say that they are used to eating out etc. I didn't find it especially quite or anything so that shouldn't be a problem either. Take the time and head to Le Cellier.

:earsgirl:

We fed our kids an early (4-4:30) dinner before our 5:30 ADR at Le Cellier. They had dessert (smores!!) at LC while we ate our steaks. It worked out very well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter