Le Cellier - Should I wait until it is 2 credits?

Orsino

DIS Veteran
I have a reservation for Le Cellier in February. I understand that Le Cellier is switching to 2 TS credits in March. I do not have, nor do I plan to have the dining plan.

I've heard that Le Cellier has gone 'downhill' due to the dining plan and its strong popularity. Do you think it makes sense to skip Le Cellier this year and try it next year when it is 2 credits? I'm paying cash either way.

I've went to Le Cellier several times on my last trip to WDW and thought it was great. (I had the filet mignon and cheese soup - yummy!) I would definitely go at least once, even without the DDP.

Different people have different opinions and tastes, but I do not think it's gone 'downhill'.

I haven't heard it has went down hill. We ate there last Dec and it was great. Plan to eat there again on our anniversary.

I haven't heard it has went down hill.

Neither have I. We ate there in January and it was delicious as ever ... even if they did discontinue our all-time favorite BBQ Maple-glazed filet. Fortunately their NY Strip was just as good.

We were at Le Cellier in April and loved it! There were seven in our party and everyone enjoyed their meals. I had the soup, filet and a side order of the mushrooms....soooo good! We are going back in February and have adrs for 2/27 & 2/28!!! We are dvc members and are purchasing the dining plan, so I am anxious to see what changes there will be (if any) on the last two days of the 1 credit.

I think a lot of the complaints come from people who can't get in due to free dining who think it'll be a lot easier once it goes to two credits. Also, if someone's been to a WDW restaurant and had great service and return to it on a subsequent visit and they get horrible service - they automatically assume the restaurant's gone downhill.

We ate there in August and *loved* it. So much so that my mom wanted to go back every visit! We didn't get in last time, but I managed to get us in for our December visit and she says that's all the Christmas present she needs. :)

If you can get in, I don't see any reason to skip it. Go this time and next time! =p

I'm seriously doubting that they are going to change anything when it becomes a 2 credit meal. I think this is just Disney's way of evening out the demand.

We ate there last week and had just as good of food as the first two times that we had dined there. The Cheddar Cheese Soup and filet mignon were great as always! :thumbsup2

I am interested to see the menu changes though when it goes to two credits.

TX

We dine there every visit and have always had a great meal. I would keep your reservation. The prices will probably go up even more in March. I usually order the Mushroom Filet. :cloud9:

I've had lunch there twice in a year and it was good. It's not the greatest in the world, and I don't order steak, I got three appetizers. But yeah, it's good.

There is supposed to be a change in the menu starting in March, plus a very likely change in the prices (and not downward).

I have a theory of why Le Cellier is going 2 credits

A small capacity TS where they probably are turning away guests more often than they find acceptable. By making it 2 TS (for the free dining), there should be a reduction in the numbers of "attemped ADR'S."

fewer people getting turned away = happier guests

I had an absloutely wonderful Mushroom Filet lunch there in AUG- it was one of my favorite meals.:thumbsup2

I've gone to Le Cellier several times in the past few years. I have not noticed any decline in their food or service. Our food has always been excellent and our service has always been excellent.

I'd tend to agree with the PP that said someone might have one bad experience and then automatically say it's gone downhill. If they had five bad experiences in a row, that might be something to take note of, but we've always enjoyed Le Cellier very much.

I believe that it will be really hard to get lunch ADR's there once the new status is in place.

We had a fabulous meal there last week - I hadn't noticed it had gone downhill at all! I have started my food report but haven't got to this restaurant yet but, suffice to say, I spent yesterday on the phone desperately trying to get an ADR for our Epoct day during our Christmas vacation!

I wouldn't say that Le'Cellier has gone down hill; I think the word that comes to mind for me is "over-rated." For me I found it to be a slightly above average steak house offering creatures of comfort most of us like, steak and potatoes. And with it being a 1ts on the DDP a decent value.

Perhaps the first time I ate there I bought into all the praise that so many say they encounter. I expected the earth to shake and almost wanted a spiritual experience once the first bite left the fork. Yes, for me it was reality failing to meet expectations. You could say I was expecting too much from this place, but as a newbie at the time, how could I not have this expectation based off of the DIS euphoria of Le'Cellier.

With that said, no way would I eat at Le'Cellier using 2ts on the DDP, and if WDW raised the prices because of it being a signature, there is no way I would pay oop to go there either.

Personally, I think it's popularity is a combination of decent (not great) steaks, and a value on the DDP. Now that it will be a 2TS in March, I think Le'Celliers popularity is going to take a big time hit like a Cavaliers game ticket will here in my home town. :rotfl2:

I don't know - if it's still good, and if the DDP people pull out for dinner because of the cost, maybe it'll be easier for me to get in there and buy appetizers.

This is our family's favorite restaurant. I have tried numerous dishes and have loved them all. My wife thinks that they have the best burger in DisneyWorld. We have had extraordinary service 9 out of 10 times here. The other time we had a rude waitress that insisted I had ordered incorrectly and took a condescending tone with me immediately. It actually shocked all 8 of us at the table. I bit my lip and smiled and didn't remark negatively back to her. I am guessing she wasn't feeling well or had a bad day. We just ate our food and I wrote that off because that is not the norm here. The staff does an excellent job and the food has always been delicious. We always pay oop with the TiW card. We will be back to LeCellier next week for a late lunch and are already looking forward to it. Love the Pretzel bread dipped in the cheese soup!

The family ate there last week and there were no complaints about quality. You will hear both sides of the quality issue but it is very much in demand. You might want to keep that reservation.

Have eaten there twice in the past 6 months and both times from start to finish were excellent! The Filet was melt in your mouth...:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter