Le Cellier review (dining plan). Terrific!

mistaroo

<font color=blue>A vacation isn't a vacation witho
Here is my review of the Le Cellier Steakhouse. We ate there at lunch but as you may notice, the cheese appetizer and the desserts are dinner items. The total cost for all covered meals, beverages, and tip for three adults on the meal plan was $185. :cool: We walked outta there after paying for only the kid’s meals and additional tip which was optional (dining plan only gives 15% and we wanted to give more).

Here’s what we ate:

Appetizers:
(1) Seared Canadian Scallops - King salmon mousseline and lemon tomato vinaigrette
(1) Grilled Beef Tenderloin Kabob - seasoned with house chili rub, roasted tomato and navy bean relish
(1) Le Cellier Canadian Cheese Selection - chef's selection of assorted Canadian cheeses with house-made accompaniments

Entrees:
(3) Grilled Petit Filet Mignon - served over cream cheese mashed potatoes, finished with roasted garlic demi glace

Beverages:
(2) Ann's Amazing Chocolate Raspberry Shake - rich chocolate with a blend of raspberry puree
(1) Niagara Refresher - mango smoothie with a splash of cranberry
(2) Red Maple - frozen berry non-alcoholic daiquiri
(1) diet coke

Desserts:
(3) Chef's Signature Dessert Plate - sampler of our best desserts, including creme brulee, Canadian Club cake and our house-made sorbet

Child’s meals (paid for separately, not included in the dining plan)
(2) hot dog meals
(1) Northern Lights - Vanilla ice cream, your choice of soda pop and a glowing red luma cube

Food review:
Le Cellier is one of our favorite restaurants and once again, it did not disappoint. The appetizers were very good and were presented in a very “artistic” fashion. Interestingly, each person had a strong preference for their own appetizer so we ended up not sharing with each other as we normally would do. The filet mignons were very, very good (cooked to a perfect medium rare as requested) and the cream cheese mashed potatoes were outstanding! The signature dessert plate is typically only on the dinner menu but we were offered it for lunch. All the dessert were scrumptious! The server presented my son with a wonderful birthday dessert (free). Here is a picture of it (chocolate mousse and raspberries in a chocolate shell)
9802vacation05_079.jpg

This was the only table restaurant where the specialty drinks (non-alcoholic) were offered to us as part of the dining plan and also the only place where we were offered two beverages per person. Refills of soda were included at other restaurants but here you could have two completely different beverages so we enjoyed multiple smoothies :teeth:

Atmosphere review:
Le Cellier is always a nice respite from the hot outdoors. We did notice though that at the beginning of the lunch hour the restaurant was very peaceful and quiet. Normally that would be wonderful but with two children under age two a little noise is nice. My 12 month old was a little fussy so I excused myself from the table and took him to the front waiting area of the restaurant to soothe him and rock him to sleep. The CMs were supportive and told me I could stay at my table as it is a child friendly restaurant but I hate disrupting other diners so I stayed up front. I returned to the table about ten minutes later and the server was really nice, telling me to take my time eating. The CMs were wonderful with my 2 yr old, high five-ing him, saying hi and waving to him everytime they passed him (he was seated on the end near the entrance to the dining room). My son had a phenomenal time there and I think he has a crush on one of the female servers :eek:

We will definitely be back. There was a small mixup in that the server charged us for five table service coupons but we only used three. After some help from the manager, the credits were fixed. We got a "go to the front of the line" pass for any Epcot attraction for the inconvenience. Overall, a great time was had by all.

Sounds really yummy!!! LeCellier isn't currently listed in our plans but we might have to rethink that decision!

Thanks for the great review!!! :flower:

Great review! I hope they offer the desert selection when we are there for lunch in Sept., I can't decide between the creme brulee and the club cake. Oh, the decisions...

We are going to LeCellier for lunch on our first day. Thanks so much for the review. I can't wait!

Great review. I have this on our plans for EPCOT dinner. I am hoping that the kids 2 & 8 will love it as well

Thanks for posting this! We have an ADR for dinner next month here - I can't wait!

Great review! :) Le Cellier is one of our favorites and I can't wait to eat there again in October. :cool1:

mapletree said:
Mistaroo,

Were you charged 1 TS credit per adult at Le Cellier? Thanks.

Yes, it was one TS credit per adult. What a bargain ;)

My kids are too young for the dining plan so they simply ordered children's meals which we for separately.

mistaroo said:
Here is my review of the Le Cellier Steakhouse. We ate there at lunch but as you may notice, the cheese appetizer and the desserts are dinner items. The total cost for all covered meals, beverages, and tip for three adults on the meal plan was $185. :cool: We walked outta there after paying for only the kid’s meals and additional tip which was optional (dining plan only gives 15% and we wanted to give more).

Here’s what we ate:

Appetizers:
(1) Seared Canadian Scallops - King salmon mousseline and lemon tomato vinaigrette
(1) Grilled Beef Tenderloin Kabob - seasoned with house chili rub, roasted tomato and navy bean relish
(1) Le Cellier Canadian Cheese Selection - chef's selection of assorted Canadian cheeses with house-made accompaniments

Entrees:
(3) Grilled Petit Filet Mignon - served over cream cheese mashed potatoes, finished with roasted garlic demi glace

Beverages:
(2) Ann's Amazing Chocolate Raspberry Shake - rich chocolate with a blend of raspberry puree
(1) Niagara Refresher - mango smoothie with a splash of cranberry
(2) Red Maple - frozen berry non-alcoholic daiquiri
(1) diet coke

Desserts:
(3) Chef's Signature Dessert Plate - sampler of our best desserts, including creme brulee, Canadian Club cake and our house-made sorbet

Child’s meals (paid for separately, not included in the dining plan)
(2) hot dog meals
(1) Northern Lights - Vanilla ice cream, your choice of soda pop and a glowing red luma cube

Food review:
Le Cellier is one of our favorite restaurants and once again, it did not disappoint. The appetizers were very good and were presented in a very “artistic” fashion. Interestingly, each person had a strong preference for their own appetizer so we ended up not sharing with each other as we normally would do. The filet mignons were very, very good (cooked to a perfect medium rare as requested) and the cream cheese mashed potatoes were outstanding! The signature dessert plate is typically only on the dinner menu but we were offered it for lunch. All the dessert were scrumptious! The server presented my son with a wonderful birthday dessert (free). Here is a picture of it (chocolate mousse and raspberries in a chocolate shell)
9802vacation05_079.jpg

This was the only table restaurant where the specialty drinks (non-alcoholic) were offered to us as part of the dining plan and also the only place where we were offered two beverages per person. Refills of soda were included at other restaurants but here you could have two completely different beverages so we enjoyed multiple smoothies :teeth:

Atmosphere review:
Le Cellier is always a nice respite from the hot outdoors. We did notice though that at the beginning of the lunch hour the restaurant was very peaceful and quiet. Normally that would be wonderful but with two children under age two a little noise is nice. My 12 month old was a little fussy so I excused myself from the table and took him to the front waiting area of the restaurant to soothe him and rock him to sleep. The CMs were supportive and told me I could stay at my table as it is a child friendly restaurant but I hate disrupting other diners so I stayed up front. I returned to the table about ten minutes later and the server was really nice, telling me to take my time eating. The CMs were wonderful with my 2 yr old, high five-ing him, saying hi and waving to him everytime they passed him (he was seated on the end near the entrance to the dining room). My son had a phenomenal time there and I think he has a crush on one of the female servers :eek:

We will definitely be back. There was a small mixup in that the server charged us for five table service coupons but we only used three. After some help from the manager, the credits were fixed. We got a "go to the front of the line" pass for any Epcot attraction for the inconvenience. Overall, a great time was had by all.

We are going to Le Cellier in a week and it has been a big mystery as to which restaurants serve specialty drink included in the plan. What were the other restaurants that you ate at so that I get an idea who is not giving specialty drinks for the plan. Thank you for the positive review of Le Cellier, I was starting to get worried about this ADR when I was reading a lot of bad reviews of this place. :goodvibes:

Is this the place where they give the pretzel bread? Can you ask for more if you wanted?

Great Review. It was so thourough! We have always had good meals at LeCellier & enjoy it as a nice break for lunch.

Yes, LeCellier has Pretzel Breadsticks & they will bring you more if you wish. I personally like the Whole Grain ones better.

Great review, thanks for posting.

Le Cellier is one of the few restaurants in Epcot I've never been to. I'm definitely going to check it out my next trip.

Your review was so great, you just convinced me! :bounce: I changed my ADR from Teppanyaki to Le Cellier!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter