• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Le Cellier or California Grill

dramaqueencentral

Earning My Ears
We love, love, love CG but have never eaten at Le Cellier. Which one do you prefer and why? We have resi's for both but need to cancel one or the other.

I do enjoy LeCellier but California Grill is better in my opinion. I prefer everything from the atmosphere to the quality of the food.

I do enjoy LeCellier but California Grill is better in my opinion. I prefer everything from the atmosphere to the quality of the food.

I completely agree. The food alone is SOOOOOO MUCH BETTER at CG! Best steak ive ever had. Atmosphere is better too. I wasnt impressed with LC at all. The steak was a huge disappointment....bread & soup werent spectacular either. Atmosphere sucks, tables are way too close together. CG all the way! :thumbsup2

We absolutely love CG, so much so that we eat there twice on each trip. We also like Le Cellier too. We make sure we eat there too. My filet was amazing at Le Cellier. It was the best I have ever gotten there. With the atmosphere, the appetizers, Wishes and the amazing food, I would have to pick CG.

We ate at Le Cellier last June and I was so disappointed. We were cramped at a table for 2 in a corner with another couple right next to us- no privacy - server was average - food was average - CG is so different - the service and food are wonderful- I have never felt cramped at a table -the atmosphere is classy and you dont feel rushed. I have eaten there a number of times and the food is consistant - always great.

We've had good meals and bad meals at both restaurants. I prefer CG because the view and ambience are so special. The later you eat the quieter it will be, so if you want a more adult/romantic atmosphere, aim for later.

Another vote for California Grill. It's my favorite restaurant on property, the food is excellent, service is awesome and the view is amazing. I think LeCellier is average. The soup is great, but other than that I don't think it lives up to the hype.

I liked Le Cellier a lot, but it couldn't compare to California Grill.

Even though we love both restaurants and go to both each time we are there (we always get the DxDP), I would have to go with California Grill. There is just nothing like the view from up on the 15th floor of CR. The food is excellent and the service has always been superb. Have a great time.

I think its a good idea to change it up!
Le Cellier is a different atmosphere than Cali Grill...darker, smaller, and tables are closer together but its fun, great wine and awesome food!!

Either way you can't go wrong!!!!

In my opinion, Le Cellier is the most overrated restaurant in WDW. Just my 2 cents!

I'm not a huge fan of Le Cellier, but I say to try something new. Otherwise, if you are like me, you will always wonder. I need to try everything once to know for myself. You definitely won't have a bad experience there. It is nice. Just nice. Definitely overrated. Still, I would try it once if you have never been. :goodvibes

They're both towards the bottom of the signature restaurants, IMO, but California Grill has extremely underwhelmed me during my past 2 meals (based on food).

So my vote goes to Le Cellier (and if you're really interested in shaking things up, Artist Point, which has a similar Pacific Northwest influence but is much nicer in almost every way).

California Grill is a much better choice than Le Cellier. We eat at CG on every trip. There are so many more choices when you eat at CG.

The only reason I would see to go with Les Cellier, would be to try something new... but, it's not exactly a unique and memorable restaurant. Some people love the Cheese soup, so that might be a reason to go. But as to the steaks, they really aren't anything special. They don't compare to steaks at real off property steak houses.

California Grill does have food and atmosphere superior to Les Cellier.

Of course, if you're looking for something new, you might also try some of the other signature restaurants, probably all of which I'd personally pick over Les Cellier.

They are both great restaurants, but the CG has better food and steak IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter