Le Cellier - Opinions

I really enjoyed Le Cellier both times I have eaten there but that was several years ago now. Honestly, opinions on quality, portions, etc is such a subjective thing, the only advice I can give is try it out and make your own decision! Myself, DH, DS12, and DD11 have reservations for our upcoming trip in late August. We have the free dining and I opted to make ressies for lunch instead of supper because I wasn't willing to use two TS credits towards supper there. Even though I've thoroughly enjoyed my meal and dessert there in the past, I would not have booked it if all I could find was dinner ressies!!! Someone on this thread mentioned the poutine being better at dinner then at lunch....I was going to try the poutine (yum)....I figure it's pretty hard to screw up a meal of fries, gravy and cheese :p ...but anything is possible!!

Someone on this thread mentioned the poutine being better at dinner then at lunch....I was going to try the poutine (yum)....I figure it's pretty hard to screw up a meal of fries, gravy and cheese :p ...but anything is possible!!

As a Canadian, I can honestly tell you that the poutine they serve at lunch is NOT a typical poutine. I wouldnt eat it to be honest. The liquid cheese they use is blah! The dinner poutine is right on with real cheese curds.

Thank you for the heads up on that one!!! I guess I'll just have to get my poutine fix before I leave. I guess it it possible to screw up fries, gravy and cheese :sad2:

We haven't been there in the last 6 months either, but we do make sure that we go every trip!! I love their filet and risotto. My DH and DD also get the filet, and they love it as well. We pay OOP for our meals. The DDP just doesn't work out for us. Can't wait to get our LC fix in 11 days :cool1:

I know that when it comes to the subject of food it can be highly subjective as we all have different likes and taste buds. :)

With that said, what are the opinions on Le Cellier? I continue to read many mixed reviews on this restaurant. Has anyone dined there since the change to a signature? Do you feel that it's improved? I don't want rushed service if I'm paying a premium price for a meal.

Would like to hear from those that have been within the last six months or so.

Thanks.:)

I went in January for lunch and thought everything about it was fantastic. Even with the ADRs we did have to wait about 15 minutes, but I expected to. Our waitress was extremely friendly and chatty, and it was just a really great dining experience.

When it comes to Le Cellier, you will find those who love it and those who love to hate it. I'm not sure why, but this has become the restaurant to bash as of late. While I think it's fair to say it's not the best steak in the universe (and considering they only charge mid-level steakhouse prices, one shouldn't expect it to be the best steak in the universe), to compare it to Chili's, Outback, and Longhorn is a little ridiculous. If you're interested in trying it, then I say you should certainly go for it. It will not be a horrible meal at all. The fact that the reservations to this place come so hard to find should be a pretty clear sign that, in spite of the people who claim there has been no larger culinary disgrace brought onto Disney since McDonalds, it's a great place to grab a meal.

We went in February at lunch, I had the mushroom filet, and thought it was excellent. dd12 had the prix fixe, with the chicken sausage app (loved), chicken caesar salad (not so much), and the chocolate mousse for dessert (loved). dh had the ribeye and liked it, but said it was about equal to the steaks in other places, dd14 had the side of baked mac & cheese and loved that. We ordered a creme brulee for dessert to share as well, which was good, and total bill for 4 people was $127 including tax and tip, so it CAN be reasonably affordable for theme park food. I don't know that I would pay the signature pricing, so if lunch does go to signature like they are saying, we probably won't be back, though. We have ap's and usually stay offsite, there are way too many good restaurants both on and off site with equal or better quality and most with lower prices to be worth it.

We were there in June 2012 and ate dinner, fillets all around. It is my family's all time favorite, must do restaurant at WDW. We have eaten there several times and it never disappoints. We don't listen to ther reviews. We like the food, service and atmosphere. We never felt rushed, and did not have a wait to be seated. We will be going back in June 2013 and Le Cellier is the top on our list for an ADR.

I see a lot of bashing toward Le Cellier.
"Impossible to get a ressie" shouldn't be part of something being 'over rated'. Food quality, atmosphere, service etc. should determine why it's overrated. Obviously if something is deemed over rated it generally has a long wait/struggle to find a reservation.

As for the food at Le Cellier, I can only speak for their;
Scallop appetizer
NY Strip
Filet

The above choices on Le Cellier's menu, in my meaningless opinion lol, is on par or BETTER than top rated restaurants I've been to. The scallops were better than what I've gotten at Michael Mina's Seablue and both steaks were BETTER than Bobby Flay's steakhouse in the Borgata and Todd English's Olive in the Bellagio. Honestly I go to Old Homestead regularly in the Borgata and I would say that Le Cellier's steak choices are very close to the quality of them.

Opinions on dining are going to be so subjective and honestly a lot of the opinions on Le Cellier seem biased from those riding the hype, others disappointed because of the hype set them up to fail and others who bash the restaurant because they never landed a reservation.

My older sister is an executive chef for Steven Starr and former EC for the Mina Group and Todd English. Her favorite 3 during our last Disney trip was Portobello, Le Cellier and Narcoossee's. She said bluezoo also, but being friends with Todd would make that biased lol.

The atmosphere is nice, especially for couples and the entrees are great. Go for it, you won't be disappointed. :thumbsup2

I know that when it comes to the subject of food it can be highly subjective as we all have different likes and taste buds. :)

With that said, what are the opinions on Le Cellier? I continue to read many mixed reviews on this restaurant. Has anyone dined there since the change to a signature? Do you feel that it's improved? I don't want rushed service if I'm paying a premium price for a meal.

Would like to hear from those that have been within the last six months or so.

Thanks.:)

We ate at Le Cellier a week ago. It was our second time eating there. We did dinner and used 2 TS credits. As usual, we LOVED our meal!. DH and I both had the rib eye, which was perfectly delicious. The service was outstanding. We even got a personalized menu for our anniversary which was a special touch. Also, all of the servers actually signed a birthday card for me. We love Le Cellier, and FWIW, if we didn't eat at all of the places that got bad reviews, we would have starved and missed out on some wonderful meals!

We have been dining at Le Cellier for years. We always had wonderful meals there, and it was a 'must dine' each trip. Over the last few years we have we have had a few meals that were just OK. On our last visit in May I decided we probably won't be going back any time soon. In addition to average food, our server was horrible.

We do not do the DDP, but if we did, I would never use 2 credits to dine there (probably would have in the past). I would use the credits to dine @ Yachtsman or Flying Fish. In my opinion, Le Cellier is simply not in the same league.

We used to love LC, our last good meal there was last Oct. Their mussels were my favorite WDW dish. We went last May and it was horrid. The lunch portions were much smaller and the filet was not good. My mussels were unedible, I was heartbroken. On top of that the service was the worst out of six trips to Disney. We are going back in a month and we're giving it one last try, if it's bad, its off the list. I hate to say this, but I've been pretty disappointed with WDW dining the last couple of years. My expectations aren't as high now.

I know you are looking for reviews over the past 6 months. We were there last Aug. and, once again, really enjoyed our meal. It's a steakhouse, a really good steakhouse with some signature Canadian dishes.
I think it is now a signature restaurant due to the overwhelming demand to eat there (one of the top restaurants that are booked 180 days in advance for a number of years). The food/menu hasn't changed. The service is the same as any other Epcot restaurant. We have never felt rushed, and make a point to truly enjoy our meal as a family (not hurry the kids to eat quickly so that we can get back out into the park). It's an experience worth trying at least once. Would we go back for a third time and pay 2 credits for our meal? Probably not.
I think lunch (virtually the same menu) is still one credit until January 2013. Not 100% though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter