Le Cellier ok for kids?

jmamom

Mouseketeer
I was thinking of putting Le Cellier on my list of restaurants to try (if we can get an ADR), but a guidebook that I read says its not very kid friendly. My kids will be 12,8, and 5 and are well behaved, but still just kids. Hoping that some of you with kids who have been to Le Cellier can give me your opinions!:goodvibes

We just ate at LeCellier last month , our kids are 10 and 5. They love it there.

My DS and DD had pizza for dinner and a chocolate mousse and create your own sundae for dessert. We eat at LeCellier every trip and the kids look forward to it just as much as DH and I.

This place is very kids friendly. I have 3 and have never had a problem with menu / atmosphere with the kids. The only place I can really think of in Epcot that I wouldnt bring the kids is maybe France (I did once, but they werent thrilled with the menu and there were not a lot of kids around)

This year Ill be at Le Cellier with 6 kids aged 4 - 17!

We've seen plenty of kids when we were there. I haven't taken my DD before now because she wouldn't want to sit still that long. I don't think she'd have bothered other diners but I'd have had to rush my meal. She's going to eat there with DS and I in January though. Now that she's 6 I think she'll do just fine. She's looking forward to the chocolate moose. :goodvibes

It depends what your comparing it to. In my opinion every restaurant at Disney World is kid friendly. That is, I would feel comfortable taking a well behaved kid to any restaurant at Disney World. That being said, some of the restaurants really cater to the kids. Whisering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge would be a good example of this. Do they cater to the kids like at Whispering Canyon, No. But my son loved the pretzel bread sticks & there were a bunch of other kids in the restaurant.

Matthew

Earlier this year when we ate at Le Cellier, I heard the CM telling people that they had run out of high chairs because there were so many people dining with young children. This is a noisy restaurant (echoes like a cave) with many children there. I can't imagine why any guidebook would say Le Cellier is not appropriate for children.

Thanks everyone, now I can put it on my list of hopeful ADR's. I know I'm way ahead of schedule, but I'll probably change my mind a hundred times!!! And from what I've read here on the DIS, Le Cellier may be hard to even get an ADR for, so I'll need to have backups too. Thanks for all the help!!:flower3:

This place is very kids friendly. I have 3 and have never had a problem with menu / atmosphere with the kids. The only place I can really think of in Epcot that I wouldnt bring the kids is maybe France (I did once, but they werent thrilled with the menu and there were not a lot of kids around)

This year Ill be at Le Cellier with 6 kids aged 4 - 17!

I ate last year at France with my two children, boys ages 6 & 7, at first the waitstaff was like......oh no!!! KIDS!!!

But my two boys got them..... the know how to behave and they love interesting food.....especially escargo!!!

We live near NYC and always eat something interested, they have never turned their noises up at food, and they try everything once!!

Absolutely okay for kids and super cute desserts and yummy smoothies. :)

I think it's kid friendly, but it's definitely not fun or exciting in any way (for kids or adults!)

Our group loved Le Cellier. The pretzel bread, the kids meals, drinks, and moose sundaes were loved by the group of four kids (5, 5, 9, and 12). They had coloring pages and they were ready to relax after a long day at the park. Fun to sit back and relax and talk about the day. DW and DSIL also loved the adult drinks to relax. We are going again for December trip to Le Celiier.

My boys have liked Le Cellier both times they have eaten there. The first time they were 6 and 11. This past trip in October they were 8 and 13. I have a pic of the chocolate mousse on page 10 of my TR if you want to see it.

We took our neices (8 & 10). They loved it! I agree there's really nothing too exciting or entertaining for the kids, but the food it great! I saw many children there.

we went with our neighbors last May and their son had a good experience and a good meal.......he chose the cut up veggies to dip ......and fries with a steak......he loved it.....he could of had other children options but he chose that......he also loved the breadsticks.....as we all do.......I think your kids would do fine there...

Had ADR at Le Cellier this past visit with family, DD7, DS3 and DD1. It was a long meal but the kids did just fine. Geat food and our server, Edward, was just awesome!

I took my five year old and two year old there, they did great! It's a fine place for kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter