Le Cellier....NY Strip or Filet????

charmedlife3517

Mouseketeer
I have a dining ressie for Le Cellier lunch in October :cool1: and I can not decide between the NY Strip or Mushroom Filet. Of course I have heard all of the hype over the mushroom filet but I have started seeing a lot of favorable posts about the NY Strip. Does anybody have any advice on which is better?

Thanks in advance!

I personally cannot speak about the NY Strip since I always get the Filet, but my sister actually had the strip in our recent trip. She doesn't like mushrooms so she went for that instead. She literally didn't say a word during the whole time she was eating cause she was enjoying it so much. I mean there were a few noises of delight :lmao:. She really enjoyed the strip :). For myself and my DH we always get the Filet though. I just can't bring myself to get something else ;).

Filet is better but can't go wrong with either... Have fun Choosing...LoL:confused3

In general, I have preferred the Strip to the Filet. 2009 and 2010 were both strips for lunch, 2011 was filet for dinner. Both are good, but I just prefer a strip to a filet in general.

I had the strip, and it was awful. Just awful. Terrible fatty piece of meat, no flavour. Awful. I'd go with the filet.

Go to Shula's or Yachtsman. I used to love LC but the last time was in May and it was terrible. I used to defened LC but i will lay off it for a while

In general, I prefer strip steaks to filets. However, I have always been underwhelmed by the LC strip. In my experience, it is not a thick-cut steak and that detracts from the strip experience. LC also does not serve USDA prime quality steaks (they serve some Canadian-graded cut that sounds like it should be the prime equivalent but isn't).

Unfortunately, I seem to consistently forget that from one trip to the next and always wind up ordering the strip again so I've never actually had the filet.

The Canadian kiosk at the Food & Wine Festival has a sample size of the filet this year.

You could try it before you go for your meal.

Interesting debate, my DW pretty much always gets the strip, while I get the filet. We were there this past June (for dinner) & both loved our steaks. Not sure if this makes a difference but, my DW gets hers medium rare, while get mine medium. So go figure; I suspect you'd enjoy both. :cool1:

FILET!!!! Don't even open the menu - FILET!!! One of the best meals I had was there in 2009. Now since it is 2 TS credits, we won't be back :-(

I have a dining ressie for Le Cellier lunch in October :cool1: and I can not decide between the NY Strip or Mushroom Filet. Of course I have heard all of the hype over the mushroom filet but I have started seeing a lot of favorable posts about the NY Strip. Does anybody have any advice on which is better?

Thanks in advance!

DH had the Mushroom Filet and I had the NY Strip last year, we both loved our meals. I am not a Mushroom person so that dishes turns me off however if you are considering either of those items you can't go wrong :thumbsup2!

I prefer New York strip myself, but the mushroom risotto is pretty awesome and you can't go wrong with either cut.

I prefer the filet mignon. Although when we went there last (in 2010 I believe) we had a 9:00 or 9:15 ressie and they must have been out of filet. Rather then tell us, they just went ahead and substituted with the strip steak. I was disappointed. The waiter must have overheard me pointing out the steak swap to DH because he did not charge us for our appetizers.

DH got the strip and I got the filet. We both tasted each other's. I'll give you my opinion, but it seems some Le Cellier experiences are much better than others, and people's steak preferences and prior steak experiences make this all sooooooo subjective...

So, here goes...I felt the filet was a huge letdown- slightly below avg cut of meat with very blah flavoring. I mean, I know it's not a ribeye- but I've had enough filets with minimal attention to prep and seasoning that have made the flavor of the meat really shine that this was pretty sad.

DH's strip on the other hand was better. The meat still could have used some more attention in prep, but it was a better piece of meat.

Let's put it this way- if I keep our ADR for Le Cellier and decide to get the most bang for my DDP credit- I'll be ordering the strip this time. :goodvibes

I felt the filet was a huge letdown- slightly below avg cut of meat with very blah flavoring.

I totally agree! My filet was basically flavorless. It was tender, but lacked taste. My son's NY strip on the other hand, was absolutely delicious. I should have listened to our server, who actually recommended the strip over the filet. She was right!

I loved the filet, haven't had the BY strip yet. But whichever you choose, do have the cheddar cheese soup. It's made with Molson beer and applewood smoked bacon. The 3 best foods in the world in one soup, I loved it.

I have only had the filet but DH has had both and though he says both are good, he would give the filet the better taste.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter