Le Cellier lunch today, what has happened ?

lilasmom

DIS Veteran
First let me say that Le Cellier has been our favorite favorite here at Wdw, until today. We had lunch there at opening and it was a big disappoint. We have a toed with us and when our waitress took our drink orders we have here our entire order, explaining that because of DD3, we wanting to move lunch along as quickly as possible. That didn't happen, it was a hour before our entrees arrived and by then DD3 was asleep.

My favorite food item in all of WdW has been replaced. The mussels here used to have a garlic with them and I loved them, no more. Today they were more tomato based, half the portion and just ok.

My husband got the steak with risotto and was surprised how small the steak is, it's 5 ounces now. I had the burger and I packed it to go, I was too full of pretzel rolls by the time it arrived, the pretzel rolls are still fabulous.

Our server left alot to be desired. She was very fake and insincere, she said " Bon appitite" way too much, the same way some people say " have a blessed day"'when they mean the exact opposite.

We used our TIW card so she was tipped, but I wrote " poor service " on the receipt. I know she can't control the menu or the kitchen timing, but her interaction with us left alot to be desired. When I left, I spoke with the hostess about her. The hostess offered to get the manager for us, but I declined I just wanted to leave.

My husband and I are coming back this Sept for our anniversary and I have three days of LC adrs that I will now be cancelling. I'm so disappointed. The service I could overlook, but the food I cannot. What has happened to LC ? Has someone else bought it ?

When Le Cellier switched to an evening meal "signature restaurant" status, the prices for dinner went up, the menu for dinner got fancier, and they now charge 2 table service credits per person for dinner.

They kept the one-table-service credit for lunch, but adjusted the lunch menu (and portion sizes) to reflect that it's not signature-status. So the fancier items have been removed or made more simple, and the portions are smaller to reflect that this is a "lunch" menu...with cheaper prices (by comparison with dinner...we all know that nothing is cheap at Disney, lol.) So that's why your shellfish is not what it used to be, and the steak was small. Those are luncheon-sized portions & recipes.

We probably won't go back to Le Cellier at this point...think there's better places to signature-dine at Disney when we're in the mood. And better value for lunch $$$ if we want a table service lunch.

I do wish Canada had a counter service where we could just get the cheese soup & pretzel bread, though.

I knew about the signature dining change, we ate lunch there last Oct after the change and lunch was still wonderful. I'm off to O'Hana for dinner, here's hoping!

That's a shame! We are eating there on Saturday for lunch at noon and I pray we don't have the same service you received. Enjoy Ohana!

We will be eating there on saturday at noon too. I am still undecided about what to get. They took some items off the menu that used to be our favorites.

Sorry you had a bad experience, but thanks for your honest review.

We have eaten at LC several times and have never had good service. They are always fake and curt. :/ Kind of a bummer because we do like the atmosphere.
I agree with a quick service stop in Canada with pretzel bread, soup, risotto and moose mousse. LOL

Off topic of the bad service but since they are now a signature restaurant, is there a dress code? I haven't been there since it has been established as a signature.

OP, I am sorry you had such a bad time. :(

now u got me worried. our last trip (b4 it vecame a signature) we did LC 2x, once for dinner and once for lunch. I had the filet both times. Lunch was smaller portion but still a decent size (enough that I shared).

Has this changed drastically?

We were there last June and it was our most disappointing meal of the nine nights of dining. The same thing happened the year before, but I thought it was a fluke and we would be fine, but no. We had slow service, dd hated her hamburger, mom hated her fatty steak, which was the complaint from the year before. We learned a lesson to not dine there again. ;)

We were there last June and it was our most disappointing meal of the nine nights of dining. The same thing happened the year before, but I thought it was a fluke and we would be fine, but no. We had slow service, dd hated her hamburger, mom hated her fatty steak, which was the complaint from the year before. We learned a lesson to not dine there again. ;)

I had the same experience. slow service. the steak was FATTY and TASTELESS. This is the steak ppl rave about?! Really?! The "famous" soup was a joke. the soup at biergarten was way better. Bread was ok, but ive had better. We wont go back anytime soon.

Off topic of the bad service but since they are now a signature restaurant, is there a dress code? I haven't been there since it has been established as a signature.

OP, I am sorry you had such a bad time. :(

Park attire is fine for the in park signature restaurants.

It used to be good years ago, but since it's gotten popular AND since Disney started with their dining plans, it is no longer a quality restaurant, in my opinion. The last time I ate their the food was average, at best, and the service was terrible. I won't waste my valuable time or money there when there are much better places to eat in WDW.

I am sorry to hear about the changes. If I was even NEAR Epcot and wanting a signature steak place I would consider the Yachtsman Steakhouse.

I haven't eaten at LC since 2006 and it was wonderful ... but don't think I'll consider it for the next time --

Uh oh! This is dh favorite place he adores the mushroom filet! I hope he isnt dissapointed it was the one thing he asked for!

This used to be in our top 5. No more. My DH won't go back. Poor service and the food is just so-so.

I know this isn't current info, but we had almost the identical thing happen to us several years ago. We were paying oop so we decided to save some money and do lunch. Our waitress was curt and unfriendly. We didn't get drinks until our food arrived and she completely left out part of order. We also waited forever! I would have just chalked it up to one crappy waitress but she had a table inches from ours and she showered them with attention and checked on them frequently. We couldn't get her to make eye contact and we finally waved down someone else to help us. I figured she just assumed because we were a young couple and not ordering drinks that our time wouldn't be worth the tips. Unfortunately, it became a self fulfilling prophecy...I give 10% for poor service and 18-20% above average and higher than that for great service. She only earned a couple of bucks and I left her note telling her that in the future she may want to treat her customers equally.

We ate at LC again the next year but went for dinner. I was worried but the staff on dinner were once again outstanding.

Thank you for posting that. I was starting to think we were crazy for not liking it. We dined there right before it switched to a signature. Steaks were fatty and tasteless, the 2 bites I had of the soup was cold, service was so rushed I only had time for 2 bites of my soup before it was whisked away and my steak brought out, and when we were not having food thrown at us our server was no where to be seen. He took our order and brought the check that is all. I was going to try it again in Dec. but I think I might try something new instead.

We had a snarky experience here for lunch 2 yrs ago and have not returned since. For our trip in November we thought we would go back and try again since before our last experience we really enjoyed our meals here.
After reading this thread we are not going to take the chance, there are so many other resturants at Epcot that we will enjoy alot more. I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if anything changes.

Bev

We were there a couple of weeks ago for lunch, adr time was 2:00, and it was our first time eating there. My husband and I both got the filet. We are big eaters and even for us we felt the portion size was perfect after noshing on some pretzel bread and couldn't even finish all of our "moose" for dessert because we were full. Our meal seemed to be timed very well, the place was full ofcourse, our waitress was great and when we were paying the bill a gentleman came around to ask specifically how she did, we told him great and he went on to say it was her first day on the job! I am planning on including this adr on the list for next years vaca;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter