• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Le Cellier in Canada pavilion

We used to love it, but as previously mentioned, since becoming a "signature" restaurant it is off our list entirely. Just about all of the signature restaurants were much better before they got that designation. For really good steaks Shula's in the Dolphin is too close to waste money on Le Cellier. For that matter, I've had decent steaks at Rose & Crown which is just a few steps away.

We love it!! We usually go every trip. Clearly, we think it's worth it. We are not huge foodies who eat at 5 star restaurants on a daily basis but do eat at nice restaurants often. Obviously, you'll get different opinions on this subject.

We love it!! We usually go every trip. Clearly, we think it's worth it. We are not huge foodies who eat at 5 star restaurants on a daily basis but do eat at nice restaurants often. Obviously, you'll get different opinions on this subject.

This is exactly how I would word it except we do go every trip and sometimes twice per trip.:cool1::hippie:

Seems clear to me that it's not worth two credits, but how is the food? I looked online and the prices seem a little high, but not terrible for Disney.

We have a reservation in November. It will be our first visit at my husbands request. Actually, all our ADRs are at his request. Ohana dinner and breakfast and Cape May Café dinner plus Le Cellier. Seems the reviews are split so I hope we get the good server and the excellent steaks. We will be there the last day of F&W so I doubt we will go back to the resort hungry.:rolleyes1

The menu has changed, and with those changes have come some scathing reviews.

We ate there years ago and had an excellent experience. However, I am wary of going back because of the recent poor reviews. (Hence, why I am reading this thread!)

I am anxiously looking for recent good reviews. They're hard to come by ....

The menu has changed, and with those changes have come some scathing reviews.

We ate there years ago and had an excellent experience. However, I am wary of going back because of the recent poor reviews. (Hence, why I am reading this thread!)

I am anxiously looking for recent good reviews. They're hard to come by ....

The very recent menu change has me worried. They took off everything I was wanting to eat. The duck is gone as well as the bone-in ribeye. What was left is not that interesting to me. I am seriously considering cancelling my ADR because of the changes.

I was there 5 weeks ago ... The service was great and food was delicious. I think a lot of the criticism points back to the cost. We went to many very good restaurants during our August BWI stay, and lecellier topped the list.

Three of us had the NY strip and one had the filet mignon. The steaks were delicious and so were the potatoes. The cheddar cheese beer soup was stellar and the lecellier poutine was out of this world. The only food that wasn't perfectly prepared was the spinach risotto which was a little undercooked. Everything else was top notch. And I am a huge steak guy.

The best steak I've had on propery was actually at Yachtsman, not Le Cellier. However, I thought the the restaurant experience, soup, and ice wine were great.

Ate there recently and it was the best meal of the trip! The soup, pretzel bread,
and filet were wonderful, as usual. Server was sweet. We were on the dining plan, but I wanted the mashed potatoes so ordered them on the side and paid oop for it. Totally worth it -they were delicious!

On Sunday the mushroom risotto and truffle butter sauce was back on the menu, only difference with the dish pre-menu change debacle was a couple halved mini tomatoes on top, I was so excited

I'm glad we don't use the DDP any more because it was always hard to pay 2 credits for the same meal that once cost only 1 credit.......but Le Cellier is definitely worth a visit. We go every trip. Sure, the service can be slow and the prices are a little high for a place that isn't as 'fancy' as the other signature locations.....but the food is excellent.

We do a lot of signature dining, especially at Yachtsman's. Shula's is now one of our favorite WDW restaurants. I work in NYC and have been to all the biggies. As a family we go to the likes of Morton's and Ruth's Chris. We travelled and hit up places like Burn's in Tampa. We eat a lot of steak. Granted, filet is not really a preferred cut when it comes to steak (expensive, lacks the marbling needed for great flavor), but I'd put the Le Cellier filet up against any filet I've had elsewhere. While we loved the mushroom filet (glad it's back!) and worried about the seasonal version with the spinach risotto......that one was excellent as well. I've had incredible bone in ribeye and Kansas City strip at Le Cellier, and the boys always like the NY Strip. The steaks are always perfectly medium rare, which I can't always say about Yachtsman's. While Shula's is an overall step above Le Cellier, you can't go wrong. Dip your pretzel bread in the cheddar cheese soup, and order the chocolate Moose for dessert off the kids menu. Yum. I've order tons of other stuff at Le Cellier from apps to poutine, and it's always excellent.

Dip your pretzel bread in the cheddar cheese soup,

amen to that. had I known in advance this was going to be so good I would not have shared the pretzel bread at all. I could have dined quite happily on just the soup and unlimited pretzel bread and not cared it was two TS credits....

My entire family loves it. It's the one ADR they ask about and look forward too every trip!

IMO, the steaks are great. We like the dark atmosphere. While I agree the service can be a little slow, our servers have always been very pleasant. We actually like to savor our time there so slow service isn't much of an issue.

Is it worth it? As someone else said, that's very subjective. To us it is. We go to Orlando every December for about 2 weeks. The trips cost us in the $8K-$12K range. So I generally don't get worked up about things like an extra dining credit or a few extra bucks to dine at a place we enjoy.

On Sunday the mushroom risotto and truffle butter sauce was back on the menu, only difference with the dish pre-menu change debacle was a couple halved mini tomatoes on top, I was so excited

This is good news! Thanks for the report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter