Le Cellier?? How is it? Is it worth the 2 Sit down credits?

minniemous

Veteran
Hi wondering what people thought about Le Cellier. We have never been for some reason and we are planning on going this Fall unless I hear it is not worth it. Thank you for your thoughts :goodvibes

Hi wondering what people thought about Le Cellier. We have never been for some reason and we are planning on gong this Fall unless I hear it is not worth it. Thank you for your thoughts :goodvibes

Many people say that Le Cellier is "overrated". :confused3

We personally love it and have never had a bad meal there. I can't comment on the credit thing as we don't use the DDP, but we have no issues paying OOP for it using our TiW card. :goodvibes

Hi wondering what people thought about Le Cellier. We have never been for some reason and we are planning on gong this Fall unless I hear it is not worth it. Thank you for your thoughts :goodvibes

It depends on what you mean by "worth it." I'm another person who has had very good experiences at Le Cellier. My favorites are the cheddar cheese soup with pretzel bread sticks and the filet mignon with mushroom risotto. I've enjoyed my meals and I'd be very happy to return. Like the PP, I use the TiW card, so no DDP.

From a straight economics point of view, the Le Cellier is not a good use of DDP credits. Using the old prices (roughly $59.00 per day), and assuming a QS meals costs about $17.50 and a snack costs $4, that leaves $37.50 for the TS credit. At two credits, you need to order about $75 (including tax) worth of food at Le Cellier to break even ($71 without tax). Drinks cost about $3 and desserts costs $10, so that leaves $58 for the entree. Only the ribeye costs more than $50, so I think you'd be hard pressed to make LC economically efficient. Now, if you're going to other venues that easily surpass $37.50 for a TS meal (per person), this is less of an issue (e.g., if you had dinner ($47+) at Akershsus, you'd be ahead there, so LC might even out).

We don't do DDP ( have TIW) , but for what it's worth some of the best meals we've ever had (anywhere) have have been at Le Cellier. Last there in December and still wonderful food, plus we really enjoy the atmosphere in such a fantastic setting in W/S.

All added up, we still prefer it to all the other steakhouses at DW, and can't wait until our next visit!

Wherever you go, sure hope you have a great time!

:goodvibes

We don't do DDP ( have TIW) , but for what it's worth some of the best meals we've ever had (anywhere) have have been at Le Cellier. Last there in December and still wonderful food, plus we really enjoy the atmosphere in such a fantastic setting in W/S.

All added up, we still prefer it to all the other steakhouses at DW, and can't wait until our next visit!

Wherever you go, sure hope you have a great time!

:goodvibes

Thanks! I think we will definitely give it a try. Perhaps we will pay out of pocket and not use the two sit down meals.

I know this is a silly question but what does "TIW" stand for. I am constantly trying to figure out some of these short hands :) Everyone who has responded say they have TIW? :teacher:

TiW is Tables in Wonderland. If you are an Annual Passholder, Florida resident or DVC member you can purchase a TiW card which will give you 20% off on most TS and a handful of CS restaurants in DW. Here's a link to the website with the details.:
http://tablesinwonderland.com/

We have eaten at Le Cellier on every trip and have always had excellent meals. My favorites are the Lobster Chopped Salad and the Rib Eye with Mushroom Risotto (instead of the potatoes).

TiW is Tables in Wonderland. If you are an Annual Passholder, Florida resident or DVC member you can purchase a TiW card which will give you 20% off on most TS and a handful of CS restaurants in DW.

Ahhh, thank you. I see. That seems like a good way to go if you qualify. Sadly I do not. I wish I could go enough that I could be an annual pass holder!!!:worship:

I enjoy Le Cellier I do not think its the best restaurant but the Ribeye with Truffle butter and Risotto is amazing! Last I heard this is $65 so I would say if your on the DDP its one of the most expensive entrees even for 2 credits!

Thanks! I think we will definitely give it a try. Perhaps we will pay out of pocket and not use the two sit down meals.

That's what we're doing. We have DDP, but Le Cellier will be our last meal at Disney, and we'll pay OOP -- bonus, that gave me an excuse to book an extra TS during the week :cool1::thumbsup2

Our Ratings of Le Cellier "Signature" Dinner: (*rev 3/16/2014*)
. . . food price value: D
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: C
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: D
. . . seating comfort: D
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: The food quality has not improved greatly nor has the interior
since becoming a "signature" restaurant, I expect top service, food and
surrundings. I don't want dark boding colors, and worn carpets. Dungeons
have more warmth. The cooks are not that good in preparing fine steaks;
they are still used to the medium quality steaks that are the staple of the
old menu. This is a true disappointment for a "signature" meal. They want
an increased the price without increasing the food or experience. The
reputation has always been overrated. I liken the effect as either "Drinking
the Koolaid" or "Lemmings to the Sea". Due to hard-to-get-ressies, people
always assumed it was better than it is/was. Unknown to many is that the
food taste is raised much like frozen foods through the addition of sodium.
This is true of many WDW eateries. As a comparison, Le Cellier is about
the same as an Outback restaurant for beef.

I liken the effect as either "Drinking the Koolaid" or "Lemmings to the Sea". Due to hard-to-get-ressies, people always assumed it was better than it is/was. Unknown to many is that the food taste is raised much like frozen foods through the addition of sodium. This is true of many WDW eateries. As a comparison, Le Cellier is about the same as an Outback restaurant for beef.

Please copy and paste this all over the internet.

Not a big fan of Le Cellier at all. Not crazy about the dark, cramped and extremely noisy dining room (didn't help sitting next to the server station and being told we could not have a different table). The steaks, IMHO, are very Outback in quality and very salty (as a previous post stated). The mushroom sauce to me seemed like it was canned Campbell's mushroom soup poured out of a can and sitting on a bed of Minute Rice instead of risotto.

I would say that when this place used to be a 1TS it was very over-rated, over-hyped and almost impossible to get an ADR. I believe this was so because on the DDP it looked to be a great value $$$ wise. Since being a signature the place is not all that difficult to get an ADR, much of the hype has disappeared, the $$ value as a signature is not there, and little was done to the restaurant or the menu when it became a signature.

Yes, my opinion is very tainted about LC. I highly doubt I will ever return again. However, it is just an opinion and there are many who love this place. I say go there, experience it, and then form your own opinion. ;)

Great detailed information and opinions of Le Cellier. Thank you so much.

We will really think about this one. It really does not sound like it is worth using 2 sit down meals on DDP and I am questioning just bypassing it all together. ::MinnieMo::MinnieMo::MinnieMo

Hi wondering what people thought about Le Cellier. We have never been for some reason and we are planning on going this Fall unless I hear it is not worth it. Thank you for your thoughts :goodvibes

This is one of the reasons why I hate the dining plan. How does one determine what is worth one or two credits? LC used to be glorified on here UNTIL it switched to two credits; then suddenly everybody started hating it. I've called out several people for doing it.
Your best bet is to check out the reviews on Trip Advisor, not here.
Actually, you'd be smart to just drop the dining plan altogether...

Hubby and I gave it another try in October. Sadly, it still does not live up to the glory days of yesteryear when it served Prime Canada beef. I had the filet cooked medium with the risotto and hubby had the NY strip with fries. No baked potatoes there. My filet was a joke. Small charred piece of meat dumped unceremoniously on a blob of risotto that was still hard. His strip was a little better but not by much. Our server was less than attentive, we were never offered drink refills. Heck the table next to us was served steaks with no knives. And yes, they needed them. Our meal with tip was around $!20. Definitely not worth it. YS serves a much better steak IMO. And no , we did not use the DDP

While I like Le Cellier, I don't think it's the best steakhouse on WDW property. For our upcoming trip, we've booked Yachtsman and Artist Point for steakhouse-type meals. IMHO, both restaurants offer wonderful service and prime cuts of meat...with many other delicious choices for non-steak lovers. Just my two cents!!

If you want to spend the kind of money you would at Le Cellier, I would suggest taking a 10 minute walk to the Dolphin and hit up Shula's where you will get a better quality piece of meat.

Is it worth it from a food sort of view? nope. But is it worth it because you're sitting inside a world famous Canadian Steakhouse in the center of Disney World, that might not be up to par but most definitely not "bad"? Yes.

DH and I love Le Cellier. It's not quite Peter Luger's, but it's a tasty steak. That said, we don't use DDP credits for it. It's just not a good deal to use 2 credits. Any time we want to go for signature dining we pay out of pocket and save the credits. You get more for your money going to two separate dinners at the more expensive end of the 1-credit spectrum.

We really enjoyed our meal at Le Cellier, but that was 3 years ago just before they became Signature dining. We are however going again in May, but we don't do the dining plan so we pay out of pocket and have a TiW card. I also don't need to need to order a pricey steak for dinner and will likely do soup and salad for myself so all in all it isn't going to end up that much more expensive than a lot of other places we'll be eating.

But if I was paying for the dining plan I'm not sure I'd use 2 credits to eat there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter