Le Cellier for lunch or dinner?

starousse

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I'm still trying to figure out if I should book a lunch or dinner. Is there a difference in the food, atmosphere at dinnertime? I was looking forward to trying the steak but feel that it may be too heavy for lunchtime. I'm going to be on the Deluxe Dining Plan. Thanks.

If you're on the DxDP, I would recommend lunch instead of dinner. It's a better credit value. The atmosphere is the same at both (dinner includes napkin rings and candles on the table - that's it), and the dinner menu has some better choices. But if you're going mainly for the mushroom filet or strip steak anyway, lunch is more worth it.

And if you're worried about steak being too heavy for lunchtime, the portion is smaller at lunch anyway.

We loved the lunch when we went there. The pretzel rolls are awesome and the kid packed us extra to take with us for the day, cheap snacks for the kids! We got the same food as we would have for dinner and everything was excellent. Would totally go again if we didn't have babies that might get scared since it's a darker atmosphere. Have fun!

i agree with donald...there's more than enough food at lunch, particularly when you factor in app and des on ddp. i don't yet see enough difference between the lunch and dinner menu to justify using 2 dining credits as it is now. as for eating heavier at lunch maybe approach it like we do, skip or just eat a light breakfast like a little fruit if you just have to have something in the morning or eat breakfast and do a 2-230pm lunch then just eat light or snack for dinner. our next trip is an all adult trip and we have lunch at noon at le cellier, will probably eat little or maybe nothing for breakfast (not big morning eaters ever) then we plan to eat a little and drink a little (or a little more lol) instead of doing dinner on our epcot day...like some munchies at la cava and some of their wonderful margaritas :love:

I agree with one of the previous posts. I really enjoy Le Cellier, but Disney is taking of advantage of patrons by charging 2 DDP credits for this restaurant. Pretty ridiculous. Grab a lunch time ADR if you can. I'm really disappointed in Disney for this.

Here's a pic of the mushroom filet I had for lunch. It's butterflied in this picture, which makes it look like a bigger piece than it is, but it was still a very filling lunch. I love the truffle butter sauce with this dish, and the risotto is a unique side (I like it, but a lot of people choose to replace it with the cream cheese mashed potatoes).

IMG_0612.jpg

IMO, I'd skip it all together. If you want a steak on the DDP in that area, your better off at Yachtsman or having the steak at Flying Fish.

We only ever eat here for lunch, like the one PP said, it is a much better value if you are on the DxDDP. The portion size is much smaller at lunch than for dinner (or so I have read). Yes it is still filling, even if you add the cheddar cheese soup app and the chocolate moose dessert, but it is still one of our favorites that we never miss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter