Le Cellier appropriate for children

jacobwill62009

Earning My Ears
Is Le Cellier child friendly or is it more for adults. We have a 4pm ADR on Friday May 28th, but wondering about brining our almost 5 and 2 1/2 year old?
I have heard such good things about this place and was very excited when we were able to get in. Thank you in advance for your help.

As with most WDW restaurants, kids are welcome at Le Cellier. It is kind of dark and kind of close (not much elbow room down there) but so long as this doesn't bother your kids then you'll have no problem. It's kind of unfair that they cannot order the Chocolate Moose, though. :rotfl:

It's for kids too. It's not a kid friendly restaurant like rain forest or anything but its in the parks and there are always kids at the TS restaurants. & they can order the chocolate moose, its just not on the kids menu. But I didn't care for it anyway it was just cute to look at.

Took our girls when they were 20 mos and 4 and then again when 2 1/2 and 5 and they were fine. Kids are definitely welcome and its really just a typical park restaurant. Its just not that entertaining for them but if they like to color that should take up enough time before the food. If you can look at a menu before seating time you can save some time with ordering and shorten your wait. On a side note, beware of mac and cheese :) Its not typical kids mac n' cheese. As adults we liked it but the kids where not having any of that :lmao:

It will be loaded with small children no matter when you go. They don't have any decor or happenings specifically designed to appeal to children, but no one will blink at there being children present.

they can order the chocolate moose, its just not on the kids menu

If they're on the dining plan they have to select from the kids menu and the chocolate moose isn't an option there so you may want to plan to either purchase them one or share one.

We recently sat next to a table with lots of kids at Le Cellier and they all seemed to be enjoying their dinner and the atmosphere. I did notice that they were on the dining plan and most of the adults in the group ordered the chocolate mouse and then swapped desserts with the kids.

We have an 8 and 6 year old and they both love Le Cellier. They love it so much that they requested going back for our September trip (we aren't because we want to try out other WS restaurants). My DD8 is a huge steak fan and they offer it on the children's menu and my DD6 loves the cheese pizza. They both love the cheese soup and they order the chocolate mousse for dessert.

We LOVED Le Cellier! It is by far the best meal we have had ever at WDW, a close tie with Chefs De France. Le Cellier was actually a little more kid friendly due to the extra space. Chefs was pretty cramped and closed in feeling, but was great for when me and my DH had our "adults only dinner". My DS is 5 and is pretty hyper. We were seated at the 2nd table from the wall. A family with 3 or 4 small children were behind us and an elderly couple was next to us. The couple was really cool, we actually even ran into them in Japan 2 days later on our way to Tokyo Dining. They were like "Hey! It's our neighbors from Canada!" It was pretty funny, actually to run into them 2 days later! There was a group of 10 or so people in their mid to late 20's or so, that had clearly been enjoying some great Canadian whiskey at the table across the aisle from us. They weren't obnoxious or anything, but were definitely louder than my DS! It all blended together though, it didn't disturb us. Our waitress was great, really friendly and had a good sense of humor. I would definitely recommend Le Cellier, and wouldn't worry about your kids at all. If your kids are going to be noisy at dinner, they will be no matter where you are....so you may as well be at Le Cellier! LOL! :thumbsup2

Kids will be everywhere at WDW. We have eaten at signatures at 9 PM with our kids and they were not by any means the only children at the restaurant. I don't mind seeing children as long as they are well behaved and for the most part, they are.

We take our 5 children every trip and have never had a probelm;) They are always full of children.

Le'Cellier like most restaurants is kid friendly; however, like a pp stated, the place is dark, packed, and can be very noisy. A big downside could be the possible long wait to be seated past your adr; we waited just over 45 minutes past our adr when we visited. Overall you will enjoy it, just temper your expectations below all the hype you read and you will not be disappointed.

I enjoyed Le'Cellier, but I did not have this life changing, almost spiritual, chills down my spine, WOW this this the bomb, Earth shaking, planets align, heart pounding dining experience. It was good, not great, and far from achieving the level of hype so many speak of. Take it off the 1TS menu on the DDP and this just becomes another good but not great restaurant in WDW.

Your in Disney you can bring them anywhere except V & A. Go and enjoy your dinner.:thumbsup2

My DDs (3 & 8) enjoyed the different varieties of bread that was brought to the table. We kept getting refills because the girls kept eating it all! Dinner for both was fine - the 8 year old loved the steak. I have to say, I thought her steak was better than mine!! We are definitely going back this summer.:banana:

We enjoy LeCellier as do our DS6 & DS2. Last trip, we booked a lunch reservation. When we arrived at the podium to check in, our oldest DS was chatting with the hostess. She asked him if he'd like to be a Junior Chef. Basically, he had his own little Epcot embroidered chef's coat and one of the chefs came out to our table to "assist" DS with making his own dessert (the chocolate "moose"). It was great fun for DS and we got some great pictures with the chef. He even gave our youngest DS a little light up Lightning McQueen so he didn't feel left out. Now, our DS6 insists that he's going to be a chef when he grows up. Of course, he didn't get to keep the chef's jacket but he was very proud to wear it while we were there.

Count my kids in on the "loved it" vote! We went last December and the kids had a great time. They love steak and even eat it medium-rare :thumbsup2

We had a 1 PM ADR and waited for 40+ minutes to be seated, so keep that in mind. My kids were cranky and hungry, but all was well when we were seated and our server wasted no time in bringing out drinks and bread for the table. They were great with the kids!

We almost booked it again for our May trip, but we decided to try Yachtsman instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter