Le Celliar,Cal. Grill, Artist Point, and Noccesseeeeesssss

idofabric

<font color=green>"How do I...?"
Wow, what a disapointment! After 3 years of trying to get in we had dinner last week, Sept.3. Got there early and got in a little while after our ADR time. Place was 1/3 empty! And they had turned away a ton of walk ups, but our ADR was for 8:40pm... still!
The steak was ok, a little bland. The prime rib my DH got was just blah. His Beef Barley soup was a little weak flavored, and he had wanted a lot of barley, and was told he would get what was usuall! My cheddar cheese soup was ok, but not as good as we have had at Food and Wine for the last few years it was/is offered... My BFs tomatoe salad was the best thing about the meal.
We had told them it was our B'day dinner, as this was our Annual B'day Bash, and they did not even say Happy Birthday, even when we got dessert, which was so unremarkable I can't remember it! Our waittress was ok, but we had to ask for more drinks/water/bread several times.

Artists Point was great! The Plank Salmon was wonderfull as was the Berry Tart they gave us for B'day. We had not told them it was B'day dinner but they brought us out 2 of the desserts, free!, for us! Great wait staff!

Cal. Grill also found out it was our Bday trip and sprinkled stuff on the table cloth and was the usuall great meal. DH had bufflo. we had the steaks, per the waiter sug. Very nice!

The best suprise was at Naccossees at the GF! WOW! They saw me slip off the Bday pin from my purse, and asked if it was my Bday, and when they found out it was a trip for my BF and me to celebrate they made new pins and asked us to wear them! Water side table, excellent heirloom tomatoe salad, which we shared! With at least 5 types of tomatoes. The crab crusted halibut was perfect, and the fingerling potatoes yummy! The scallops were so fresh I swear they had them live in the back,(no, not really!), and when my DHs steak came out rare instead of med-rare they were on the spot to take it back! We split the almond crusted cheescake with lambert cherries! The best dessert we had all week! And I don't usually like cherries with my cheescake! Waittress was busy, but attentive!

So if you can't get into Le Celliar, don't worry. It was not worth the time, cost, or 3 year wait, at least not for us!

I hear ya.. I think there are much finer restaurants on property than LeCellier, seems you found a few and glad to hear you enjoyed..

Ok, I started out reading the BF as "boyfriend" :rotfl: , until I got to DH, and had to go back and re-read! I'm assuming now it was "best friend". Either way, I'm glad to hear Narcoossee's was good--we're going in Oct. for late celebration of my 40th bday!!! We're also going to LeCellier that week, so I hope they improve things ( I was counting myself so lucky getting an ADR, even a 2nd time after I had to change the day. Hope we're not disappointed....) Thanks for the review!

Woops!
Sorry! Even with WDW being my fav place of fanasty, I would not take DH(husband) down with a BF(boy friend..), if I had a "BF" like that!
You were correct she is my Best Friend!
Got to love all the initials we all use.. .this is just another reason I don't use text messag. on my cell phone, think of the trouble I could get into!!!!

I was sorry to miss Boma on this last trip, we usually eat there also, at least once a trip, sometimes 2x a trip. B'fast and/or dinner. But on our trip in July we had dinner and it really was not as good as it had been the last few times. Then I thought about it and decided that it had not been as good the last 2 or 3 times, from about April of this year on... Did they change head Chef's or something?

And I think befor we all left for this past trip that I had read that LeCelliar had just lost there head chef a few weeks ago.. .he went to ? Maybe they are just having change/growing pains? Hope so, would love to try it again... but not till we have some really good reviews from this board!

Thanks for posting your review. We have ADR's at Cali Grill and Narcoosee, always happy to read positive feedback. I'm sorry that Le Cellier was such a disappointment, seems to be a trend for that place lately.

In the past 5 years we had been to LeCellier twice. I read on this board all the great reviews :confused3. I'd rather eat at a chain place like Red Robin, Ruby Tuesday, whatever, than spend $40-50 a person here. Way over rated as far as I'm concerned. Maybe folks who like this place don 't get out much. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter