• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Layover in Atlanta

We had a layover in Atlanta just last week on our way back from Disney. Our layover was an hour. Wasn't too bad...just like any other layover. We had enough time....love the short layovers because sitting in an airport, especially with kids isn't the best time. Don't have any idea about the stroller because we didn't bring one. Good luck!

ATL native here and 45 minutes should be fine as long as your flight getting in isn't delayed. Get off the plane as soon as you can (hopefully stroller will be waiting for you) and go directly to your gate. You can use the bathrooms and get snacks if you need to there if there is time. I have made a 30 min layover on a delta flight that was 3 terminals away and the gate at the very end with a toddler and an infant (but I also know the ATL airport like the back of my hand.) It is doable.

The one time we had that short of a layover in ATL, it ended poorly. With me and younger son in WDW and DH and older son stuck in ATL for another 8 hours as they gave away our seats.

PTSD..we will never do less than 2 hours at ATL again.

Check it. I always transfer in either ATL or CLT, and I ALWAYS end up sprinting through ATL - a stroller would be AWFUL through there (in my personal opinion.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter