Layout models at BWV

poj7

Mouseketeer
Hi.

We'll be at BWV this weekend. Is it ok to just go in and look at the SSR models at the BWV? I'm assuming they have one set up there. If it's a big deal with appts etc I won't bother. Has anyone looked?

The SSR models are at the BW Sales Center. They do prefer to work by appointments, but usually try to accommodate drop in visits. If you know you'll have a few minutes a day or two ahead, I'd call and set up a time- otherwise you might have to wait for an available tour. They will not allow you to visit the models unaccompanied. They are well worth the visit though. :)

Enjoy!

The new models for SSR are very nice. We saw them on our August visit. The one-bedroom master suite has a small desk in the corner. A nice place to leave all the Disney literature, etc. that clutters the nightstands and tables when we visit

The model units are in the first floor area of the Boardwalk behind Jellyrolls. You can see these rooms from the outside too (they are next to the closing rooms that have the letters in the window that you can see from the walkway behind Jellyrolls).

One thing our guide noted is that there will be a new demo center at SSR and once it opens the Boardwalk rooms will be converted to BWV inventory. I guess that that is where the extra Boardwalk inventory points came from.

and the BWV Sales Center had OPEN HOUSE signs posted.

I needed a temp DVC card (purpose for visit) and was allowed to walk through the models with a DVC CM.

You can also visit the DVC desks located at all the Resort Lobby and they will call over for you.

The models at BWV have BWV, BCV, and SSR model units.

I visited OKW and WLV individually and the staff was extremely helpful and proud in showing their units.

Even though they are sold out, I still wanted to see all the units to help with 7 month bookings, or possible purchase of a resale in the future.

The BWV is an excellent location for the models and Im sure they get alot of pedestrian traffic that would otherwise not taken a tour.

Were the pictures you posted of those models, Doc? Also, how did you get into SSR for the other pics? We looked in from outside the fence, but looked pretty closed off to us.

We toured the models while we were there and one thing that struck me as odd were the disclaimers for the furnishings and layout of the models. Looks like Disney is covering their "assets" really well this time. :)

Originally posted by poj7
Hi.

We'll be at BWV this weekend. Is it ok to just go in and look at the SSR models at the BWV? I'm assuming they have one set up there. If it's a big deal with appts etc I won't bother. Has anyone looked?
They do quick tours for members, our this morning tood about 12-15 minutes max. For non members I don't think they'll do it this way, too much legal risk plus a lost sales opportunity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter