Layout Ideas/Examples Needed

mcnuss

<font color=blue>Beware the Atomic Tail!<font colo
Ok my scrappin' friends, I am totally desperate.

I am finally catching up on my books. This weekend's big project is three years worth of my DD's dance recitals. I have scoured the web for ideas, but most of them are for really little girls or are too "Cutesy". (NO dancing teddy bears for me please....:D )

Have any of you done any dance (she takes tap, jazz & ballet) pages and would you be willing to share your layouts? Or point me to a good web site for ideas?

Thank you so much!!

Allison

Broadway themed page with canes and top hats. Black and White piano kind of look.

No complete layout ideas here, but a few title suggestions.

For tap - a toe-tappin' time

jor jazz - all that jazz

for ballet - something referring to elegance or grace "a picture of elegance" ?

Not sure if I can scrape these ideas up in time but have two friends with high school age daughters that have been dancing since they were tiny tots. I'll see what they've done as the girls have gotten older - should be able to catch them this weekend.

I am starting to brainstorm some ideas for the pages I'll do on this past week-end's choir show which includes lots of dance. With those and the theater pages I've been working on rather than the dance theme itself for some of those numbers I've focused on the theme of the number. For instance - as already suggested does it have a Broadway feel - there are some great borders I've seen that are a NY skyline look in black and gold. Or is it a character theme to the dance? Pick up on the character.

I have shots of a routine done to "Thriller" and will probably use a pseudo Halloween feel to that one. Also a tap routine that was done to "Jingle Bell Swing" and I'll play up the Christmasy feel on that one.

Deb

Hi Allison!

I just stopped by my LSS for some supplies and since I wasn't in a rush I took some time to browse.

I saw a set of stickers that reminded me of your thread. Definitely NOT young or cutesy.

The outside edges (top & sides) were a stage curtain - you could get the same sort of idea for an entire page by putting borders down the edges and a scalloped border across the top.

The rest of the page had some words - tap, jazz, etc; numbers as in 1,2,3,4...; and shoes - tap, jazz and character shoes.

Just thought I'd pass that your way!

BTW - the LSS is scrapbook 101 and they have a website.

Deb

do yo know the song I hope you dance? it is by Lee Ann Rhymes. I made some geat pages of my daughter. I used the song lyrics and cut my daughter right out of the photo and pasted it around the song. it was very neat. The pictures were of her in her different dance positions. Lisa

Not that it's really important, but Leann Womack sings "I Hope You Dance". Great idea though! I also like the idea of black and white with a Broadway look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter