• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

LAX to GC for a party of 8??

nelle

DIS Veteran
We are arriving at LAX next Monday (yes late I know)and need transport ideas for 2 adults and 6 kids. I emailed one place and they didn't have a van available but we could do two town cars for $500 RT and that includes a 25min grocery stop. Is that the going rate? Seems steep but renting a van was gonna cost $800 so maybe not.
Anyone have a recommendations or suggestions??
Thanks!
Updated.
See post below.:flower1:

Last edited:
Super Shuttle and Karmel Shuttle both offer private vans (I think hold 9 passengers). We used Super Shuttle private van with our group of 7 a few years ago and it worked well.

We take the Disneyland resort Express bus. It's themed, safe, clean and comfortable. They play a movie on the bus which makes the ride go by faster.

We have groceries delivered to us At our hotel.

I think Karmel was 100 for 8, one way. For that price you could also just check into renting a van. I got one at hertz last Wednesday for 191 for 6 days and it was a toyota so it held 8. I just saw you said you looked into renting a van and it was 800ish. I called Hertz and got that great rate. Also, I found the day before departure they had great rates, you might look again then (after booking something now, just to be covered).

OP In your sig, it appears that you have 3 kids who'd need car seats? Were you planning on bringing seats with you? If so, the I'd think the Disneyland Resort Express (Grayline bus) would be the way to go, because you wouldn't need car seats. If you were in a van, you'd still need car seats.

We are back.
We ended up using Zippy Shuttle and they were great! They sent a email with directions on pickup and it went exactly as stated. They were there within 5min of collecting our luggage. They offer car seats and boosters for kids if needed. The van was clean and the driver was friendly. For pickup they were waiting for us in front of GC.
I would use them again. They were $300R/T and that included gratuity.
None of the other company's had vans/or had any available so we were going to be split up into two cars. Zippy has decent reviews on both Yelp and Trip advisor so thats why I picked them.
Just thought I'd update this so if anyone with a large group is looking for transfer this may help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter