LAX to DL transfers

Just bumping up because I have the same questions as Fly Girl :) I'm use to taking ME which seems a lot more easy.

I'll add on one additional question - if we have to transfer buses once we get to Anaheim, how often do those buses run? I'm staying at BW Stovalls and I'm thinking it won't be too far of a walk.

FWIW, we are doing Super Shuttle when flying into LAX in December. Its just our preferred method. We have used them in the past and are always happy with them. Enjoy your trip:thumbsup2

Hoping I can answer your questions.

When you get on the bus at LAX, the driver will ask which hotel you are going to?
His first stop will be the Disneyland Hotel, where a Ticket Agent will board the bus. You can pay with prepaid voucher, cash, or credit (maybe debit, not sure).That person will sell you your return ticket as well if needed. (bit cheaper)
Then you will either stay on the bus, or transfer immediately to another bus to go to your hotel. It's not a huge hassle and we have always stayed on for our trip to BWPPI.
Returning is easy.There is no need to call ahead to reserve for most hotels as the bus has a regular schedule for pickups. Here is link to the PDF brochure that tells the hotel pick up times. The return bus will go to the DH first where you will pay or give up your ticket to the Ticket Agent.

http://graylineanaheim.com/docs/DRE Brochure.pdf

You will need to call for BW Stovalls for your return trip pickup, or walk over to the DH.

Thanks, disneymum58. :smickey:

I looked at the brochure earlier and that is what had me confused. :confused3. I see Schedule A, B, and C. Then the DLR. If I'm reading it correctly, we are after Schedule C but before departure from DLR. Is that right?

(ie: We want to get to LAX at 10am. We wait outside of GC around 8:40ish, to board the bus. We will make a stop at DLR and depart from there to LAX at 9am.)

Does anyone know if it is just easier for us to walk to DLR? Just curious.

FWIW, we are doing Super Shuttle when flying into LAX in December. Its just our preferred method. We have used them in the past and are always happy with them. Enjoy your trip:thumbsup2

Each to his own. I prefer not to be squished in next to strangers, but that is my choice.
But no matter how we get there, it's great to be there! :yay::yay::yay:

Hoping I can answer your questions.

When you get on the bus at LAX, the driver will ask which hotel you are going to?
His first stop will be the Disneyland Hotel, where a Ticket Agent will board the bus. You can pay with prepaid voucher, cash, or credit (maybe debit, not sure).That person will sell you your return ticket as well if needed. (bit cheaper)
Then you will either stay on the bus, or transfer immediately to another bus to go to your hotel. It's not a huge hassle and we have always stayed on for our trip to BWPPI.
Returning is easy.There is no need to call ahead to reserve for most hotels as the bus has a regular schedule for pickups. Here is link to the PDF brochure that tells the hotel pick up times. The return bus will go to the DH first where you will pay or give up your ticket to the Ticket Agent.

http://graylineanaheim.com/docs/DRE Brochure.pdf

You will need to call for BW Stovalls for your return trip pickup, or walk over to the DH.

Great explanation Disneymum58 :thumbsup2 I haven't been to DL before so this really helps a lot. I'm leaving Friday and now I know what to expect at the airport :) Thank-you!

I went ahead and booked the Super Shuttle. I got my 10% off using the coupon code mentioned earlier. My flight leaving is really late, so this works out best for me. I hope it goes smoothly. I'll let you know in a few weeks!

Thought I would come back and update this thread. I went with DL resort express. Super easy to find. Bus came within 5 min of us getting there. But we were the first stop and the bus proceeded to stop at every terminal. It was 25 min before we left the airport and it was super crowded on bus. Drive to DL took about 30 min. Stopped at DLH and ticket guy got on and we all paid. I was going to PPH which was the next stop thankfully.

On the way back to the airport I took the first bus which was around 5:50 am. Bus came on time but we had to change buses at DLH. So we had to get off there and wait for the next bus with a huge line of people from the DLH. All of us did not make it on (I did). They said another bus was coming.

It was fine because I was prepared and had allowed plenty of time. But it took an extremely long time. Next time I will try out supershuttle. It seems like since it holds less people that it wouldn't take as long. After flying from the east coast to the west coast with delays and plane changes, sitting on a bus for an hour and a half was annoying.

Anyway, thanks for all the help!

Thought I would come back and update this thread. I went with DL resort express. Super easy to find. Bus came within 5 min of us getting there. But we were the first stop and the bus proceeded to stop at every terminal. It was 25 min before we left the airport and it was super crowded on bus. Drive to DL took about 30 min. Stopped at DLH and ticket guy got on and we all paid. I was going to PPH which was the next stop thankfully.

On the way back to the airport I took the first bus which was around 5:50 am. Bus came on time but we had to change buses at DLH. So we had to get off there and wait for the next bus with a huge line of people from the DLH. All of us did not make it on (I did). They said another bus was coming.

It was fine because I was prepared and had allowed plenty of time. But it took an extremely long time. Next time I will try out supershuttle. It seems like since it holds less people that it wouldn't take as long. After flying from the east coast to the west coast with delays and plane changes, sitting on a bus for an hour and a half was annoying.

Anyway, thanks for all the help!

Hmmm, far from all the great reviews I have heard about
Is this the norm?

We have used both Super Shuttle and the DL Express. We did not have much luck with the Super Shuttle spent at least 40 minutes in the airport going around and around looking to fill up the shuttle. Then we were the only ones going to Disney so it took forever because we stopped at private residents for drop offs. Then when we were picked up the shuttle was overfull and my husband spent the ride back barely sitting on the edge of the bench. Not a great experience. We are going back this December and we will be using the DL Express with the discount coupon. Sounds like everyone has had there ups and downs with all forms of transportation. Guess it is just trial and error. If we were going with a group I would hire a town car :)

We are staying at GC. It is my understanding that the bus drops off at DLR. Is it a short walk with our luggage in tow to GC? Or do we stay on the bus and it takes us to GC? Or do we transfer to another bus? If we transfer, would it just be easier to walk? (we don't have that much luggage)

Going back to LAX, here is where my "type A" is in overdrive. I saw on the brochure calling is appreciated. Easy enough, but how far in advance do you normally call? 24-48 hours? And again, do we head to DLR or does the bus go to GC?

I took the Disneyland Express bus from SNA to the GCH and from the GCH to LAX last week.

The buses do drop off and pick up at the GCH. The drop-off/pick-up area is in front of the main entrance to the hotel, just beyond the area where you would drive up for check in if you were driving. There are benches there where you can sit while you wait, but the bus came right on schedule when we were waiting.

We didn't have to call in advance for the pickup (the bus was nearly empty both rides).

We had a bad experience with the Super Shuttle where we were first on, but then the driver tried to fit in more people than he had seats for, so my 3 yr old was squished in practically on my lap. We were in the back with hardly any AC and it was HOT while we spent 45 minutes circling the airport. This was about ten years ago though. I will not take that chance again when the ride is so much more comfortable on a bus.

I took the DL Resort Express a few weeks ago and it was pretty easy. I only had to wait about 5 minutes before the bus showed up but the bus was packed. In fact, a few people had to put their kids on their laps to accomodate the new passengers. I don't think they were happy about that. The person I sat beside said that she waited about 40 minutes before she got onto the bus. The bus stopped at DLH first and then the ticket taker boarded and took payment (cash or credit card) for the bus ride and vouchers. The next stop the driver made was at PP, then he stopped at BW Stovalls. He said he was heading to GCH next.

On the ride back, I called Greyline to schedule a pick up a day before. The bus was there at 8:30 AM sharp. We circled the resorts to pick up passengers and that took about 30 minutes. DLH was the last stop - the bus was nearly empty. The ticket taker got back on the hotel to collect payment or tickets. There wasn't much traffic on the highway and it took about 45 minutes to get back to LAX.

one other way to do this: the LAX flyaway bus to Union Station and the Metrolink or Amtrak to Anaheim. There are several busses from Anaheim station to Disneyland.

In fact, a few people had to put their kids on their laps to accomodate the new passengers. I don't think they were happy about that. The person I sat beside said that she waited about 40 minutes before she got onto the bus.

I would have said that if I paid for a ticket for my child, they weren't giving up their seat. :crowded:
You must have been there when the bus was only running once an hour. If I had just missed that bus, I would have tried another type of transportation. Usually we arrive when the bus is running every half hour, so we haven't had to wait very long at all.

I would have said that if I paid for a ticket for my child, they weren't giving up their seat. :crowded:
You must have been there when the bus was only running once an hour. If I had just missed that bus, I would have tried another type of transportation. Usually we arrive when the bus is running every half hour, so we haven't had to wait very long at all.

The people that happened to asked the ticket guy at the DLH whether they had to pay for their kids since they had them on their laps the whole way and he said they had to pay. I was surprised because if they knew, I'm sure they would have told the other people to wait for the next bus. Their kids were about 3-4 so I don't think having them in their laps for 45 minutes was comfortable. I wouldn't have been happy either.

We have used both Super Shuttle and the DL Express. We did not have much luck with the Super Shuttle spent at least 40 minutes in the airport going around and around looking to fill up the shuttle. Then we were the only ones going to Disney so it took forever because we stopped at private residents for drop offs. Then when we were picked up the shuttle was overfull and my husband spent the ride back barely sitting on the edge of the bench. Not a great experience.

We had a bad experience with the Super Shuttle where we were first on, but then the driver tried to fit in more people than he had seats for, so my 3 yr old was squished in practically on my lap. We were in the back with hardly any AC and it was HOT while we spent 45 minutes circling the airport. This was about ten years ago though. I will not take that chance again when the ride is so much more comfortable on a bus.

Combine those 2 & you get our last experience with Super Shuttle. We ended up in the back seat, no air conditioning, half way around the airport then to 3 private residences & 2 other hotels before we got to DL Hotel. I was so nauseous & car sick, it took me hours to recover. Add to that, 1 of the passengers picked up at a home had so much luggage, the driver had to force everything in. I mean he bashed it! When we unpacked, we found the stitching on one of our suitcases was ripped & so badly damaged, we had to throw it out. There was no way we put anything in it to fly home. Ended up over weight on the 1 suitcase we had left & had to pay that fee. And it was fine when we got it off the plane.

No more Super Shuttle for me. I'm debating between Disneyland Resort Express & a town car. I know the town car is more expensive than what we pay for it in Orlando, but at least I'll be able to enjoy the first day of my vacation.

I would have said that if I paid for a ticket for my child, they weren't giving up their seat

bingo
No way is my child sitting on my lap and I am paying for it
If they want me to pay then they are giving me a seat

I have used super shuttle in dc and it was fine
Using it again next week so I'll report back

I will do just about anything to avoid having to take any kind of shuttle or public transportation. So no Super Shuttle, DL shuttle, public bus etc.

I seriously dislike having to stuff into a crowded & hot van with tired adults & cranky kids- my family included! This is just NOT the way I want to start my vacay!

We usually try & rent our own car. If we aren't going to be doing any other driving & a car isn't really needed then we will take a taxi or I will hire a car service.

Frankly, I would much rather shell out $100 for a car service (or whatever price is) & be able to relax & have someone familiar with the city drive us to our hotel. And really- I don't think a shuttle saves that much money....especially when you consider the hassle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter