LAX to DL transfers

Lexxiefern

DIS Veteran
I am going to DL on Friday :cool1: I still need to book my airport transfers. I have been looking at the Disneyland Resort Express and SuperShuttle. Does anyone have any first hand experience with either of these companies? Which would you recommend? I am traveling with my 11 year old DD. Thanks for any help!

Btw, I was going to go with the DL resort express because of the buses vs van, but their website is not letting me book. This is the error message I keep getting:

secure.coachamerica.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate expired on 8/19/2012 7:59 PM.

Gotta admit that makes me a little nervous! :worried:

Disneyland Resort Express is great! Not sure why their site is giving errors, but we had great service with them. I booked through Getawaytoday though.

We live in So. Cal and use Super Shuttle every time we fly anywhere, from LAX, SNA, LGB, or San Diego airport. They are a solid, reliable company and very well-known.

- Dreams

We used the Super Shuttle in February and had a positive experience. We waited for maybe 10 minutes at the airport on the shuttle to DLR. The trip took about 30 minutes and we shared a van with another family. On the return trip, the shuttle was maybe 15 minutes late, but we had plenty of time before our flight. Both drivers were friendly and drove safely. I would definitely use them again. Have a great trip!

We like DLR Express too. Smooth, comfortable ride.

We got discounted Disneyland Express vouchers from Getaway Today to transfer from LAX to DLR. I've heard nothing but good reviews.

Love the Disneyland Express, and we get it from getawaytoday. We will be using it when we go back in September

We use the Disneyland Express and it has been very reliable. I will never use Super Shuttle again since the time the driver decided to circle the airport terminals 3 times before leaving with our very full van. It took about a half hour of extra driving. We were squished in and it was hot and uncomfortable.

There is much more room on the bus. Here is a link to a $5 coupon we have used successfully in the past. You pay at the Disneyland Hotel. We use one coupon per person for a return ticket.

When are you arriving at LAX? We will be arriving there Friday at 1:40, going carry-on only and hoping to get the bus shortly after 2.

http://anaheimoc.org/coupons

I'm also looking into transportation to / from LAX to GCR.
I'm so use to the Magical Express, the idea of having to plan my own transportation is throwing me for a loop.
I'm sure hopping onto the DLE is easy, but what about getting back to the airport? Is it similar to ME where they give you a pick up time from your resort?
I must admit I am just a bit nervous about the transportation.... Thanks.

- Pamela

Does anyone know how late Disneyland Express runs? Our flight is due in at 9:45 p.m. By the time we pick up our luggage, we're probably looking at 11:00 before we can get on the bus. I looked at their web site, and didn't see anything listing operating hours. Thanks!!!:)

I am going to DL on Friday :cool1: I still need to book my airport transfers. I have been looking at the Disneyland Resort Express and SuperShuttle. Does anyone have any first hand experience with either of these companies? Which would you recommend? I am traveling with my 11 year old DD. Thanks for any help!

Btw, I was going to go with the DL resort express because of the buses vs van, but their website is not letting me book. This is the error message I keep getting:

secure.coachamerica.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate expired on 8/19/2012 7:59 PM.

Gotta admit that makes me a little nervous! :worried:

I've used both Disneyland Express and Super Shuttle when I have come to DL. My only caution about DL Express is to check you flights to make sure that they are running buses when you want to leave for the airport. They have a very specific schedule and buses usually run once an hour.

I used Super Shuttle when I needed to leave for the airport at 4 am(DL Express doesn't run that early) to catch a flight. They were great! A round trip ticket was only $34which was comparable to DL Express .

Does anyone know how late Disneyland Express runs?

There's a PDF brochure linked to on their Shuttle page that shows the operating schedules for LAX and SNA.

LAX goes once an hour both in the early morning and late at night.

I've done the Express and Super Shuttle, and have had "meh" and "not so meh" experiences with both. Most recently I've been using Karmel Shuttle, and have had two really positive experiences, and one "got me to the airport on time and safely but with absolutely NO communication and the reggae he put on the radio was really loud" experience. Karmel does NOT troll the airport like SuperShuttle does, and that makes them my current preferred choice (along with the fact that when THEY got there early to pick me up at the hotel, he stayed in his van and waited for the right time...unlike SS who will leave you if you're not there 15 minutes ahead of time AND on the lookout for them).

Security certificates are some website thing. If you can click on "it's OK, I know they are a real website" (or whatever your computer gives you as an option, LOL), do so to continue to go through. That's assuming you're on the real site. The Express is run by Grayline, so I tend to google "grayline disneyland express" to get to the site. When I go towards the booking process, I'm not getting a security certificate popup, for what it's worth.

If you decide to go with the Disneyland Express, you don't need to book them ahead. Just go out the airport and stand on one of the islands with the GREEN signs. Ignore the shuttles that pretend to be the Disneyland Express and look for the large bus with the disney pics on the side.
You save a few dollars by using the coupon on the bus, but it can't be used online as far as I know.

In January I took DLE from LAX & Supershuttle back to the airport bc my flight left too early for the first DLE bus. Both were prompt, clean & safe.

Disneyland Express no longer has characters on it. It's a plain white bus with a sign in the front window.

Disneyland Express no longer has characters on it. It's a plain white bus with a sign in the front window.

:confused3 The one we took in April both ways had characters on them. Maybe they have some that do and some that don't?
I'll report back on Friday.

The last DLR Express bus we rode on was indeed a plain white bus, but lately we've seen buses with a Cars Land overlay. Looks really nice.

If you decide to go with the Disneyland Express, you don't need to book them ahead. Just go out the airport and stand on one of the islands with the GREEN signs. Ignore the shuttles that pretend to be the Disneyland Express and look for the large bus with the disney pics on the side.
You save a few dollars by using the coupon on the bus, but it can't be used online as far as I know.

Like others have pointed out, it may or may not have Disney pictures. I thought I had heard (read!) here that LAX is the one who doesn't allow DL Express to have the pictures on the bus? In Feb, our bus from SNA had pictures. In May, our bus from LAX didn't have pictures.

Just be careful for the little buses that say... "Going to DISNEYLAND? Here's an EXPRESS!" The DISNEYLAND and EXPRESS end up right next to each other on these buses (more like the short school buses, basically), and they had me confused and frustrated the first several times I saw them. They will tell you, though, when they stop that they aren't "that" DL Express.

Not trying to hijack the thread but with OP, I am new to this and being a "Type A" person having all the knowledge I can get is great! :blush:

We will be taking Disneyland Resort Express.

OK, so we won't pre-purchase round-trip tickets on the grayline website because I want to use the $5 off coupon (hey, that's $15 -- more yummy snacks at DL!) posted earlier by disneymum58. Thanks, :flower3: Do we purchase tickets from the driver?

Once we arrive at LAX, head outdoors to the middle island with the green sign. Board the either the large white bus or the Disney themed bus depending on whichever is available. DO NOT board the little short bus, that isn't the true DLRE.

We are staying at GC. It is my understanding that the bus drops off at DLR. Is it a short walk with our luggage in tow to GC? Or do we stay on the bus and it takes us to GC? Or do we transfer to another bus? If we transfer, would it just be easier to walk? (we don't have that much luggage)

Going back to LAX, here is where my "type A" is in overdrive. I saw on the brochure calling is appreciated. Easy enough, but how far in advance do you normally call? 24-48 hours? And again, do we head to DLR or does the bus go to GC?

I know, I know. This isn't rocket science and I am making waaayyy more out of a shuttle ride than it needs to be. :upsidedow But that "Type A" in me has be pre planning everything! :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter