LAX rental car-offsite?

petunia

DIS Veteran
Are there no onsite rentals? Trying to decide between uber to and from LAX and just staying in the area since we're only there for 3 days with 2 being park days and walking distance to parks (tho early arrival day) or just renting a car..but I cant find an onsite car rental..if thats the case is it dramatic to get to these offsite places/is one better or easier than the other? Or is it not worth the hassle and should we just uber?

I would Uber or arrange a car service- there are several that are routinely recommended on here and elsewhere- Lansky and MidWil come to mind though I have not personally used either.

Rental cars at LAX are indeed at an offsite location and others have reported it being a time sink/hassle. Plus you will also need to pay for parking at your hotel which is likely to be at least $30-$35/nt.

We just used Enterprise there last week.

Address: 9020 Aviation Blvd, Inglewood, CA 90301

It’s a combo with Alamo and National. Shared lot and shuttles.

The shuttle pick-up from LAX (weekday 10am) was super quick as there were enough passengers on the same pickup stop that we went directly to offsite location. Seemed the shuttles keep coming rapidly. Very pleasant people inside (and at the end as well) and about 10 minutes later we were out in the lot getting vehicle. Not sure if due to CA law but we were surprised at the zero pressure for insurance, gas, etc.

Shuttle back was quick to load with barely a 2 minute wait but the trip back to the airport was quite a bit longer than arrival. Might‘ve had to do with the time of day (Friday evening). There was traffic and we made a few stops before our own. Still a fine experience.

Last edited:
One thing to consider is will you have to pay for parking at your hotel? If so Uber or a ride Service like lansky may be more convenient and affordable. Have used both from LAX and preference really depend on the size of your party and bags. Note that both of those options also have a bit of a walk from the terminal to the rideshare pickup spot. It’s not immediately outside of baggage claim, etc.

One thing to consider is will you have to pay for parking at your hotel? If so Uber or a ride Service like lansky may be more convenient and affordable. Have used both from LAX and preference really depend on the size of your party and bags. Note that both of those options also have a bit of a walk from the terminal to the rideshare pickup spot. It’s not immediately outside of baggage claim, etc.
I think parking is $15/day. Just wasnt sure if we could fill our arrival day near the parks with walking distance things to see/explore (obvs we will do DTD). So even Uber is offsite??

Are there no onsite rentals? Trying to decide between uber to and from LAX and just staying in the area since we're only there for 3 days with 2 being park days and walking distance to parks (tho early arrival day) or just renting a car..but I cant find an onsite car rental..if thats the case is it dramatic to get to these offsite places/is one better or easier than the other? Or is it not worth the hassle and should we just uber?
No, there are no onsite rentals at LAX.

It's not dramatic to get to the offsite places. Since all rental place are off site there are frequent shuttles to them. No, none of them are better or easier - all are about the same.
So even Uber is offsite??
Not exactly offsite, but you will need to get on a shuttle to get to the rideshare area.

2 more questions..do you have to call for shuttle or do they just run all day (midday flights)? And, if you stay at a "Good Neighbor" hotel I assume you still have to pay to park at the parks?

2 more questions..do you have to call for shuttle or do they just run all day (midday flights)? And, if you stay at a "Good Neighbor" hotel I assume you still have to pay to park at the parks?
The times we have used a rental the shuttles were fairly consistent. It may vary depending on who you rent with so I suggest calling them directly.

A good neighbor hotel would not include parking at the parks, and I would not suggest driving to them as it would be a complete waste of time and money. Disneyland and it’s surrounding are are very close. Most hotels are walkable.

LAX is going through a lot of construction and updates in preparation for the 2028 Olympics.

The shuttle to ride share is called "LAX-it." It picks up at the green signs just outside of baggage claim. I've heard people say that it is cheaper to take a shuttle to a hotel and order ride share pick up from there.

This website might help: https://www.flylax.com/lax-traffic-and-ground-transportation

Last edited:
And, if you stay at a "Good Neighbor" hotel I assume you still have to pay to park at the parks?
If you are parking in a Disney owned lot then, yes you would have to pay. Which hotel are you staying at? I'm not sure that you would need to drive if you are staying at a Good Neighbor hotel.

Unless you plan on traveling by car from the resort for other reasons zero reason for a rental car with Uber and Lyft being so readily available IMO

Ill explain my reasoning for considering it..uber will be approx $80 to and from LAX so $160, and then we arrive early on day 1 and were considering exploring (though not exactly sure where/what)..with rentals around $200 I figured it was close to what we'd pay in uber and have the flexibility for exploring arrival day.

Shuttles run all day and night at LAX. Prepare thyself! I would describe flying into LAX like a good punch to the face. Fly into SNA or LGB instead if you can - both are great experiences.

Shuttles run all day and night at LAX. Prepare thyself! I would describe flying into LAX like a good punch to the face. Fly into SNA or LGB instead if you can - both are great experiences.
LAX is busy, but it offers a wider variety of flights, which can be important if your flights are canceled. We pretty much assume they are going to be canceled now and plan for a backup.

We just used the on-site Enterprise rental at Pixar hotel. Worked out really well and free parking for DVC.

Last edited:
Did Lansky. No real regrets on their end. We wanted a car, it was waiting for us. When leaving, car arrived and we left.

I put a premium on not leaving things to chance.

If you have kids bring your own car seat.

We are currently researching the same topic, uber/lyft vs. rental vs. car service. Where do you meet the drive for a car service, same as uber/lyft area?

We are currently researching the same topic, uber/lyft vs. rental vs. car service. Where do you meet the drive for a car service, same as uber/lyft area?
No, I believe the LAX-It lot is just for Taxi, Lyft, Opoli, and Uber rides. You might call the car service and ask where they pick up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter