• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

LAX Hotel

BecBennett

Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
On route from Australia to Florida, we're having a 1 night stop over in LA (just so we're not flying through the night) There will be 6 adults and a 17 year old all travelling together and we will have A LOT of luggage.

do you recommend staying at a hotel close to LAX for the convenience, or travelling a little further afield for a nicer hotel and surrounds? We're really only hoping for a rest, a freshen up and a couple of good meals.

Do you have a hotel you would recommend?

We are not driving, so anywhere we go will need to be by public transport - bus/cab/shuttle etc.

Hi Bec - I know you posted this a while back, but I hope I can help!
I have overnighted a couple of times at LAX and I have just used an airport hotel. It's just easier after the 13 hours from Oz!
I've stayed at the Radisson and Sheraton Gateway and both are good hotels very close to the airport. Both also have free shuttles which are easy to find. There are so many hotels it really depends on what suits your travel group (ie no of rooms required, cost etc).
I like the fact I can get off the plane from here and have a shower and stretch my legs! I hate being cooped up on planes! ;)

Thanks, I think we'll stick with that too, I'm just hoping for early check in, as our flight arrives at 8am...

Like Heather said, there are a ton of hotels that are near LAX, and they offer free shuttles. There is a Courtyard by Marriott nearby (2 minute ride away ... I timed it), on a street called Mariposa. There is a very good Ralphs supermarket within walking distance if you'd like to get some fresh food for your hotel stay @ Disneyland. Also within walking distance from there is Starbucks, Sizzler, juice place, Subway, Pollo Loco, & some other fast food eateries ~ just in case you'd like those options.

Bec, I have never had a problem checking in early to an airport hotel. My flights have always got in around 7am and I've been at the hotel within a couple of hours and got my room straight away. I just figure as they are airport hotels they have people coming and going all the time. (Of course, you do realise that I have now jinxed myself for the next time and I'll have to wait until 3pm..!!! ;):lmao::laughing:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter