• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lawsuit filed against DCL over assault on passenger

Interesting. Sounds like DCL did what they were supposed to do regarding reporting the incident to authorities. I wonder how far this will go?

The worst part about stuff like this is bad people in the world. You have no idea what to think in a situation like this. There are sick people that take advantage of their position as staff, as well as people that take advantage of the system. Either way, I hope the girl is ok.

lisa%20BUMP.jpg

Awful! I wish there were more information... how old was the girl, what was the CMs job, where did this take place, etc.

In all likelyhood this suit will be thrown out. Not for any reason related to the charges, but because it was filed in U.S. Federal court in Florida. The ship is registered in the Bahamas, and all legal action must be filed in that nations courts. That is among several reasons why few ships are American flagged.

momof1inmo said:
How awful!!! Has anyone heard how old this girl is?

No, and it's notable that press coverage and details on this event have been very, very limited. And there's not a single blurb about this anywhere on the Cruise Critic boards, which is amazing. At the risk of getting some flames, I smell the infamous Disney "quickly-muffle-any-negative-P.R" machine hard at work here and performing right up to spec. :(

beachblanket said:
No, and it's notable that press coverage and details on this event have been very, very limited. And there's not a single blurb about this anywhere on the Cruise Critic boards, which is amazing. At the risk of getting some flames, I smell the infamous Disney "quickly-muffle-any-negative-P.R" machine hard at work here and performing right up to spec. :(

It was however, found on the EVENTS AT SEA BOARD ...limited but, it was noted:

"October 8 Disney Wonder Disney Cruise Line
A girl under the age of 18 said a member if the ship's crew exposed himself to her while the ship was in port in the Bahamas this week. The crew member was kept separate from passengers for the remainder of the cruise and was suspended when the ship returned to Florida. The incident is being investigated in the Bahamas, which is where it occured. (NOTE: Thanks to Disney for reporting this incident at their website rather than trying to keep it hidden.) Indecent exposure"

Found at : http://www.cruisejunkie.com/events2005.html

There was a thread on this board on this topic. To help you search for it, the title was: Uh Oh from the Orlando Sentinel
and the start date was March 22, 2006

beachblanket said:

It was all over the news here in FL back in October. I think it's just resurfaced because of the action the family is taking now.

maybe i'm from another planet... but whats with the "bump"? :confused3

i had to ask?

And BTW... it seems rare that sort of thing happens fortunately given we have 7,000+ pax a week on 3 sailings... and an estimated 350,000 pax in 50 weeks a year. So, it's unfortunate that it happened - and at the same time we're fortunate more and or worse does not happen given the volume in pax annually.

How sad for this girl and her family and how sad for Disney Cruise Line. It would be interesting to see the circumstances surrounding this "exposure" incident. :sad2: Not good for anyone involved. You really do need to stress the importance of safety to your children or teenagers even on the Disney Cruise Line

captaincrash said:
maybe i'm from another planet... but whats with the "bump"? :confused3

i had to ask?

And BTW... it seems rare that sort of thing happens fortunately given we have 7,000+ pax a week on 3 sailings... and an estimated 350,000 pax in 50 weeks a year. So, it's unfortunate that it happened - and at the same time we're fortunate more and or worse does not happen given the volume in pax annually.

"Bump" is when you post to get the topic back on top of the message boards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter