Lawsuit Claims Starbucks 'Underfills' Iced Drinks

:drinking1

http://abcnews.go.com/US/lawsuit-claims-starbucks-underfills-iced-drinks/story?id=38808199

I love the quote from Starbucks: "Our customers understand and expect that ice is an essential component of any 'iced' beverage."

Yea, I saw that on FB.

I worked fast food 30yrs ago and had this all the time. People would say, I only want 10 ice cubes or no ice in their drinks because you are "ripping them off" and in addition they would want a cup of ice.

Disclaimer...this was was in the dark ages when "free refills" and "serve yourself" was not in place.

The lawsuit is asking the mega-coffee chain to pay upwards of $5 million to customers who have purchased an iced beverage in the last 10 years.

So after the attorney fees, the plaintiffs in this case will get about 50 cents each

Exactly how does one under fill the cup at starbucks when the ice goes in last??

That's what the lines are for on the cup. I also ask for a tall lemonade in a grande cup add water and my cup does not come to me half empty.

Exactly how does one under fill the cup at starbucks when the ice goes in last??

That's what the lines are for on the cup. I also ask for a tall lemonade in a grande cup add water and my cup does not come to me half empty.

could be ymmv I guess. I once got a root beer from Starbucks, I got home, saw how much I've they gave, dumped the drink out, then ice, filled it back up with the drink, it was just below half... I never got it again...

The lawsuit is stating that the "line" is only 14 ounces for a venti which is advertised as 24 ounces. So 10 fluid ounces are taken up by ice.

Hasn't it already been proven that nobody (except the lawyers) actually benefit from these lawsuits? What the 10 guys who sued Subway got $500 and then the $5 footlong went up to $6 in response.

I don't frequent Starbucks, but they're certainly not the only establishment who does this. Like a pp, I worked at a fast food place as a teenager and we were told to fill the cup up 3/4 with ice before putting in the soda. If a customer asked for less or no ice, we would do that, but most people just took it and didn't complain. Nowadays, it's mostly self-serve beverages.

I could see this lawsuit resulting in forcing Starbucks to start serving the full amount advertised, but looking for a payout to customers is ridiculous. How would they identify everyone affected in the last 10 years?!

I remember at some fast food places, there is a button for small another one for medium and so on. Regardless if there is ice or not in the cup, it dispensed the same amount of fluid. You didnt get more fluid just because you didnt want ice.

I always ask for light ice at McDonalds with drinks. Same with starbucks.

Every drink you ever get is not the fluid ounces stated, due to ice. Go to McDonalds order a Coke (16oz) and I guarantee you will get 8 - 12 ounces of Coke.

I'm all for ice but sometimes it's ridiculous. One time my chick-fil-a ice tea was so full of ice I couldn't even get my straw in it. I got like 4 watery drinks of tea.

A lawsuit in regards to the amount of ice in a beverage?! What the heck has the world come to

Oh my gosh, I find this lawsuit to be so beyond ridiculous that it isn't even funny....ask for less ice, its not rocket science, not everything in the world will be cookie cutter the way you like it but it doesn't mean you have to sue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter