Law and Order SVU from last night

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
One of the things I like about the Law and Order series, is they get a lot of their storylines from real life.

Last night, it was about people selling their kidneys on the blackmarket. A man took out a 2nd mortgage on his home so he could "buy" a kidney for his little boy, because he was too far down on the donor list, and would probably die before he got to the top of the list.

The show made it seem like this is a real debate.(selling your organs) I mean, is it? We all know that we all have two kidneys, and only need one. If someone could get upwards of $30,000 for a kidney, more people would donate, and the list would get smaller.

But, can't everyone see the disaster this would cause? I don't see where there is a debate. If it became legal to sell a kidney, wouldn't that open the door to a cornea? I mean, I could survive with one eye. To think of what would happen if people could sell body parts. I am thinking the murder rate would go up. I am also thinking, only the rich would be the ones coming off dialysis.

I was just wondering of this a real debate. The show made it seem like it was.

I don't think selling organs should ever be legalized. However, as someone who had a family member wait years for a kidney, it is a terrible feeling to watch someone you love health's decline. You do begin to feel very desperate. I believe we would have found a way to buy him a kidney if it had been an option- right or wrong.

Yes, people have been known to "sell body parts" just for food but that is in third world countries. Here in the USA the people that belong to donor groups all know of "places" that will buy a kidney for 100,000.00. If anyone thinks that the buying and selling of organs in our country does not exist then all they have to do is join a group therapy session and the blinkers will come off. It happens everyday, everywhere. I have been asked "What would you do if it was your child who needed a kidney just to live?" I truly cannot answer in a reasonable way because I don't know what I would do. Do you? I do know that I would do everything possible to ensure that my child lived.

patrenoe said:
Yes, people have been known to "sell body parts" just for food but that is in third world countries. Here in the USA the people that belong to donor groups all know of "places" that will buy a kidney for 100,000.00. If anyone thinks that the buying and selling of organs in our country does not exist then all they have to do is join a group therapy session and the blinkers will come off. It happens everyday, everywhere. I have been asked "What would you do if it was your child who needed a kidney just to live?" I truly cannot answer in a reasonable way because I don't know what I would do. Do you? I do know that I would do everything possible to ensure that my child lived.

I would be desperate to save my child's life. I don't know if I would even know how to find my way to the blackmarket. I will say though, if someone slipped me info, and I had it, who knows what I would do.

I don't believe selling organs should be legal. But what I was thinking while watching the show, the cops came in to arrest the Dr just as they were prepping the kid for surgery, the Dr had already removed the kidney from the donor. I wanted to scream at the cops, GET OUT AND COME BACK. They basically handed the boy a death sentence. Now they had a perfectly healthy kidney, that even the official donor company would not take.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter