Laura's Shuttle VERY BAD SERVICE

corlando60

Earning My Ears
LAURA'S SHUTTLE
I am posting this to save you the headache that we experienced with Laura's Shuttle Service in Orlando Florida. Prior arrangements were made to receive a shuttle ride from our hotel by the airport to Downtown Disney. We had never been to Walt Disney World so when the driver dropped us off at the Magic Kingdom it wasnt until we got off and he drove away that we realized the mistake. We had to find Disney transportation to get to our final destination. We called the shuttle service and they said the driver was new and didnt know what he was doing. After arguring about the poor service they agreed to give us back a portion of our money when we were picked up. On the trip back we were supposed to be picked up at a designiated spot but again (different driver) was not where he was supposed to be so we had to call to find out where he was. The person that answered the phone with the shuttle service was extremely rude and difficult to understand due to his thick accent. He hung up and told us to walk to the location of where the driver was waiting. SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE AND DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS.

corlando60 said:
LAURA'S SHUTTLE
I am posting this to save you the headache that we experienced with Laura's Shuttle Service in Orlando Florida. Prior arrangements were made to receive a shuttle ride from our hotel by the airport to Downtown Disney. We had never been to Walt Disney World so when the driver dropped us off at the Magic Kingdom it wasnt until we got off and he drove away that we realized the mistake. We had to find Disney transportation to get to our final destination. We called the shuttle service and they said the driver was new and didnt know what he was doing. After arguring about the poor service they agreed to give us back a portion of our money when we were picked up. On the trip back we were supposed to be picked up at a designiated spot but again (different driver) was not where he was supposed to be so we had to call to find out where he was. The person that answered the phone with the shuttle service was extremely rude and difficult to understand due to his thick accent. He hung up and told us to walk to the location of where the driver was waiting. SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE AND DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS.

Am I the only one on the DIS that tosses up a red flag when a post like this is someone's very first post on the DIS and that they joined specifically to post it.

If this post is true, it is too bad. No one should receive bad service...... but again, I find it very interesting that this is the OP's first post on the DIS.

Call me skeptical...

Duds

I think I'm right in saying that a lot of shuttles do drop off at the Transportation and Ticket Centre, you then have use Disney transport to get round to the theme parks. The driver might have made this mistake but this wouldn't work with DD because you can't get to DD directly from TTC.

Tracy

Well it may be the first to post in DIS But its not the first time they have been reported to the BBB. Unfortunately I did not check the BBB until after we used their service. And yes I did just join BUT I am trying to save other vacationers the headache that we experienced. Call me helpful......

Oh well live and learn. We will find other means next time.

dudspizza said:
Am I the only one on the DIS that tosses up a red flag when a post like this is someone's very first post on the DIS and that they joined specifically to post it.s
The poster might have been a first time caller long time listener (Is that what we mean by "lurker"?). Most talk show hosts welcome them (FTCLTL's).

I have never heard of Laura's Shuttle. Are they a new kid on the block? If so and the story told was true, they have made a bad name for all new kids on the block.

seashoreCM said:
The poster might have been a first time caller long time listener (Is that what we mean by "lurker"?). Most talk show hosts welcome them (FTCLTL's).

I have never heard of Laura's Shuttle. Are they a new kid on the block? If so and the story told was true, they have made a bad name for all new kids on the block.

I agree, that is why I put my comments in that, if true, it was too bad. Any company would not be making a good name for themselves....

We have seen many "first time" posts here specifically directed at transportation companies. Someone with 1000 posts has more credibility in my mind.... but again, if true, Laura's dropped the ball.

Duds

RE: who is the most creditable. I mean the fact that I post one time actually seems to hold more creditability then the one who is on this thing 24/7. I wish I had that amount of time to burn but I am a busy person and for that reason was more irritated with Laura's Shuttle for waisting my time. Hopefully it was an isolated incident but like Duds Pizza Im a bit skeptical and think that bad service probably occurs on a regular basis I mean everyone has a right to their opinion. !

Someone with only one or two posts can be as sincere as can be. I don't question that, and I don't state the opposite.

For unscrupulous folks out there in cyberspace, it can be very tempting to tout one's own business or slam a competitor's business on a message board. It's then up to everyone reading that post whether or not to give it any credence.

I don't know about the rest of you, but if it's a subject I'm VERY interested in, and I see a negative post about a specific company or product, I will look over to see who posted it. Let's say that person joined three days ago and has, oh, I don't know, 10 posts. I'll then click on that person's name and then click on the "find more posts by" line. I then scan the subject lines, and if ALL of those 10 posts are slamming that same product, then I get suspicious. But if eight of those 10 are about other topics, then, in my mind, I'm confident that person has a legitimate consumer gripe and isn't shilling for their own personal/business reasons.

Of course, there's a flaw in my thinking .... What if someone makes 20 innocuous posts specifically in order to build up an innocuous history as a typical Disney-phile and THEN pours on the venom about their arch-competitor Company X? I really doubt anyone would bother, but I guess it's possible.

we need to give every one the benefit of the doubt, this person is making us aware of a situation. They advise us not to use this service but we will do what we want to do regardless. I personally am happy to post good and bad experiences, this gives an idea of what someone encountered. People post about how long alamo is and i use them all the time, i never had a problem, i read wat they said and took it with a grain of salt.

OP i am sorry this ruined your vacation trip.

corlando60 said:
Well it may be the first to post in DIS But its not the first time they have been reported to the BBB. Unfortunately I did not check the BBB until after we used their service. And yes I did just join BUT I am trying to save other vacationers the headache that we experienced. Call me helpful......

Oh well live and learn. We will find other means next time.

Please remember not to take anythng personal here, it would not matter if you made a post on the sun shining someone will always have something negative to say. People voice their thoughts and some attack. Even i have been in threads where i am an angelic poster and others where i am evil. Just post what you want, and welcome to the dis.

The poster is right. The company as I know it is not a good choice. Getting a driver not knowing the difference between Downtown Disney and Magic Kingdom speaks for itself. This is an old company and many years ago was part of the many companies operating out of the airport illegally as a regional shuttle. I would have liked to have seen the price they paid.

Hey all I never expected so many comments. I was really trying to be helpful and had no other intentions. I love Disney like everyone else here. And just an FYI I paid $55 for a round trip. Again just check them out before using them and go with your personal gut feeling - it is usually right. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Welcome to the boards, corlando60. Your hint about Laura's is appreciated. Anyone may follow-up with a look at the BBB website.

As for post numbers demonstrating credibility, I don't really buy it (although, dudspizza, I agree, one has to start somewhere to determine credibility). I have far fewer posts than many board members, yet I've been lurking (and posting, obviously) for years and remember Pete's site before these boards (that is, before 1999, my official 'start' date). I've been going to WDW for 25 years and have taken some 20 or more trips during that time.

I ONLY say all this to show that silent lurkers with few posts may have valuable info. to share. Let's not be quick to silence newbies.

took

Took said:
Welcome to the boards, corlando60. Your hint about Laura's is appreciated. Anyone may follow-up with a look at the BBB website.

As for post numbers demonstrating credibility, I don't really buy it (although, dudspizza, I agree, one has to start somewhere to determine credibility). I have far fewer posts than many board members, yet I've been lurking (and posting, obviously) for years and remember Pete's site before these boards (that is, before 1999, my official 'start' date). I've been going to WDW for 25 years and have taken some 20 or more trips during that time.

I ONLY say all this to show that silent lurkers with few posts may have valuable info. to share. Let's not be quick to silence newbies.

took

Well put. I'm right there with you.

TracyK said:
I think I'm right in saying that a lot of shuttles do drop off at the Transportation and Ticket Centre, you then have use Disney transport to get round to the theme parks. The driver might have made this mistake but this wouldn't work with DD because you can't get to DD directly from TTC.

Tracy

I have NEVER is all the years I've been on the DIS heard of a driver dropping people and luggage off at the TTC. You are completely incorrect that a lot of shuttles drop off there. In fact the ONLY times I've ever heard of a passenger from the airport ending up there is when they took Lynx--in that case they expected to end up there.

Anne

PS--Is my post count hugh enough to be credible?

ducklite said:
I have NEVER is all the years I've been on the DIS heard of a driver dropping people and luggage off at the TTC. You are completely incorrect that a lot of shuttles drop off there. In fact the ONLY times I've ever heard of a passenger from the airport ending up there is when they took Lynx--in that case they expected to end up there.

Anne

PS--Is my post count hugh enough to be credible?

Nah, you need to hit 30,000 before you're credible!!! :rotfl2: I think you're pretty credible Anne. Anyway....to the best of my knowledge, the only shuttles dropping off at the TTC are those from different hotels that are dropping off people for MK.
To the OP...welcome to the DIS. It truly is a nice place...give it another chance!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter