Laura's Planning Journal! September 1st, 2008 WP/Ariels *Finally updated!! 01/02/08*

Ha! I'm first. Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding! I really like that invitation that you found. I would probably ask my BFF to help me make something like that because she is so creative. I can't wait to hear more!

I fly over on the on the 28th aug so will be there for your wedding, we are looking at sep 2nd!!

Congrats and happy planning! My DH went to UWF also for Psychology! He graduated in 1991 and did post grad work there until 1993. That's where I met him- I attended for a year. We went back not too long ago and cannot believe how much it has changed. But still one of the most beautiful college campuses anywhere I think.

I love the Cinderella blue color- absolutely stunning. Looking forward to hearing more!

i love your invites where did you find them?? i have been scanning the web for days and have found nothing like that?

Sorry that I've been MIA everybody! I'm working on a final project for one of my summer classes (the instructions alone are 36 pages long! :scared1: ) and I have to finish it today, but I promise I'll be back soon... if I don't go crazy from this first!

We have the same Flower GIrl Dress.... I am having it in white. Are you planning to keep it in the blue?

Thanks for all the kind words everybody! I finally finished my final project so I should be able to post my dress pictures in a minute! :cool1:

I don't know how to do multiple quotes but here goes...

mla1977- Thanks for the congrats! Yeah I am glad I have my friend to do the invitations because there is no way I'd be able to make those invitations myself. I'm not too good at crafty things like that, especially under pressure! :rotfl:

orangetiggs- That's so cool you'll be there during my wedding (assuming I get my date! ). Maybe we could meet up for a snack in the parks one day!

mo1973- That's so cool that y'all went to UWF! You know what's funny? I was a UWF phonathon caller (we call alumni) so at one point I probably spoke to you or your husband begging for money for the university! :lmao: It is a beautiful campus though, I love it. We just got a new gym and it's awesome!

disneydreams81- I'm glad you like the invites! Sorry I can't be more help but I honestly have no idea where I found those invites. They aren't ones to buy online or anything, I think I found them in someone's PJ and they handmade them. Maybe that person will stumble on this thread eventually!

DisneyFairy19- I'd like to keep the dress in blue I think, it looks so Cinderella like! I bet white would be GORGEOUS though! You'll have to post pictures of it in white. Have you ordered yours yet? I'm hoping they have a size small enough for my flower girl, she'll only be around 3 years old.

I'm going to try and get started on my next update now!

Great planning so far!

Mind if I ask what the "lottery" thing you mentioned about getting the date you want is?

Great planning so far!

Mind if I ask what the "lottery" thing you mentioned about getting the date you want is?

Thanks for the post!

The lottery is what happens when more than one couple is pencilled in for a date. Basically exactly at a year out they will put the couples pencilled in into a random lottery drawing to decide who gets the date/time. Hope this helps! I'm still a little confused by it all. :confused3

I love dress 3, I think it's really flattering on you and the skirt detail is so pretty. I normally love pick up skirts but dress 3 really is beautiful. I do love dress 1 too, but compared to dress 3 I can see what you mean about it making you look wider than you actually are. I can see you have a great figure but dress 1 doesn't show it off.

BTW, I am right in saying that you are getting married next year aren't you? It says in the title Aug 31st 2007, you had me really confused for a sec;)

Thanks for the post!

The lottery is what happens when more than one couple is pencilled in for a date. Basically exactly at a year out they will put the couples pencilled in into a random lottery drawing to decide who gets the date/time. Hope this helps! I'm still a little confused by it all. :confused3

Huh, that's so odd. I thought that you couldn't be pencilled in until exactly the year out date. I just assumed that meant that the first person calling on that day to request that time got pencilled in and anyone after that got told somebody already chose it! So does this mean you can get pencilled in before that? And also, how long before you find out if you don't get it? I'd want to know immediately so I could choose my next preferred date on the spot rather than wait a month or so and have the next choice be booked too!

oh my gosh, dress #3 is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! truly, you like like a fairytale princess: and that is no lie!! the only thing I'd be worried about (possibly) is how hot it will be.. quite a few of the brides on here talked about how hot their legs where on their wedding days but fans and stuff helped with that issue...

anyway, you look great in them all but #3 is just stunning....:cheer2:

Michelle :cloud9:

I love #3 and #5 as well. I actually liked all of your choices, but think those 2 were the most flattering.

My vote would be for Dress #3. I like that it has the tulle, but isn't over done. Also, don't know if this means anything to you, but dress #5 is the most popular style at DB's.

Love your PJ so far. Can't wait to read more.

dress 3 i think that it is so flattering and it is unique i have not seen it before. it flatters you!! good luck

Oh my gosh! there all BEAUTIFUL and you LOOK amazing in them all you are a natural bride. I love the last one the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter