• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Laura & Gary Wedding Trip Report - FINISHED!!

Enjoyed your new installment, Laura. Those Just Married buttons certainly worked some magic. Disney memories are usually special, but you have some unusually special ones!

Question about Wishes--Did I read that right? You saw part of Wishes while waiting for a 5:45 ADR? That seems awfully early in the evening, but I've never been to MVMCP, so am thinking that perhaps they stage an early fireworks for guests w/o party tickets who must leave the park early. Is that it?

Yes the fireworks were on before the MVMCP started! i didnt know they would be on at that time but it was a nice surprise!:)

Looking forward to hearing all about the photo shoot

:goodvibes Thank you for sharing and congratulations! Everything sounds incredibly magical, can't wait to hear more! :hug:

I have never read a trip reports like this. This must be the most amazing wedding ever. I looked at your photos of the magic kingdom and wondered how you got the place to yourself and now you have explained you had to get up so early it all makes sense.

Looking forward to reading more. I can't imagine the amount of organising that went into your wedding and how perfect it all worked out.

I am just sooooooo jealous!!!!

Susan

Sounds like another fab day

Friday 8th, December;

My alarm went off at a stupid 4:30am this morning!! :headache:

I really just wanted to roll over and hit the snooze button, but I knew I had to get up. Anna would be here to do my hair and make up at 5am and I needed to have a shower and dry my hair! Gary decided he wasn’t getting up any earlier than he absolutely had to :rolleyes: so he stayed in bed whilst I had my shower, dried my hair and put my contact lenses in. Gary finally rolled out of bed at around 4:45am and got straight in the shower.

Anna turned up at 5am, right on time and set to work on my hair to start with, took her about 20mins to finish off my hair this morning and then she started on my makeup – I certainly needed a bit more on this morning to make sure I didn’t look as though id barely had any sleep. Make up finished and Anna left at around 5:40. As she left the phone rang – it was our photographer to advise that he would be at the Yacht Club Lobby at 6am to pick us up. Just enough time for Gary to help me squeeze back into my wedding dress and grab my stole - I had a feeling I would be needing it this morning! We made our way down to reception at 5:55am and sat in the lobby waiting. The lobby was quite busy with staff waxing the floor and cleaning everything imaginable. We saw a car pull up outside and figured it was ours….not many other people around at this time! Sure enough it was our photographer Ty. He loaded us into the car and headed off to the Magic Kingdom. We went in through the backstage entrance of the Magic Kingdom, this is on the right hand side of where the busses enter – right behind the hedge. We turned through into a big parking lot area and continued to drive through. We saw lots of staff turning up for work behind what was main street. We drove past where tinkerbell lands when she flys out of the castle during the fireworks, we then drove through a small opening and came out in tomorrowland. Was so strange driving through the Magic Kingdom!! Anyway, we drove through to the castle and parked at the side. I noticed that the castle lights were not on – the photographer said that they sometimes have to switch them on and that he would contact the control room to get them to do this. We decided to wait in the car for this as it was freezing cold out! It was by far the coldest day we had throughout our holiday! Whilst we were waiting in our nice warm car the florist van pulled up and gave Gary his fresh button hole and my refreshed bouquet – it looked like a brand new bouquet!! The photographer came back and said that they were unable to put the lights on the castle as they were filming a new commercial over in the teacups, I was really disappointed but he assured me that we would get them digitally altered so that the castle appeared lit up in my actual photos and that by way of an apology he would let us have some photos for some different sites instead! Normally on a Magic Kingdom photoshoot they take some pics inside the castle, outside the castle and some around the carousel. We started off by taking some photographs down main street – when the big main Christmas tree was, we got some pictures outside the fire station and the emporium at the end too. There were dozens of people in main street working away – checking lights, cleaning the floor but when we were taking our pictures they all stopped and moved everything out of the way as much as they could! We then went and took some pictures up by the castle, we took some at the front by the statue and then we headed inside the castle to take some around the entrance to Cinderellas Royal table and tinkerbells treasures. We then got back into the car and he drove us round the back of the castle where we went through a little gate at the side of the castle and climbed up onto a small balcony there and got a few pictures up there. Once we had done those we headed over to Toontown to take some pictures outside Minnies house. We got some great shots of us inside the house, sitting on the sofa and looking into the mirror etc. By now it was daylight so we headed back to the castle to get a few castle shots in daylight too. Once we were all finished we got back into the car and headed through the backstage area by toontown to exit the magic Kingdom. Whilst we were driving back the photographer was pointing out loads off little bits to us – like the Power Station, the recycling centre – The train station where there get deliveries and the monorail station where they all go at night. We also drove past the spot where they set off all the wishes fireworks which was interesting to see where it actually was in relation to the castle!! We arrived back at the hotel at around 7:45 and by now the lobby was pretty busy. We headed back up to the room to get changed, we had a voicemail on our phone from our wedding planner letting us know that there was a present behind the font desk waiting for us. We went down and picked that up, there were some his and hers watches. They were in a little Cinderella presentation case and you only get them for having a wedding with Disney – so we set one to 3pm and one to 8pm (the times in the USA and UK that we actually got married) and put them away safely. By now we were pretty hungry so we grabbed some muffins in the Yacht Club and went outside to meet the rest of the family as we were off to Epcot today.

We met up with my parents and one set of my grandparents and walked over to Epcot – we headed straight for Soarin and there was very little queue so we managed to go on that twice! We then went on the living with the land boat ride – my Nan loves this ride! We then sat and had a drink in the food area. After the rest of the family had had their coffee fix for the next few hours we headed over to do test track and mission space. Now the first year that mission space opened we all went on it, but my nan didn’t really listen to the instructions of not moving your head and kept tuning around to talk to us – needless to say it made her feel sick and she wouldn’t go on it again! We managed to convince her to go on the non intense version of it this time whilst the rest of us went on the intense version. After that we decided to have a stroll around the world showcase. About midday my grandparents headed back to the hotel for lunch and me, Gary and my parents decided to have lunch in morocco. After this we were pretty worn out so we went back to the hotel to chill out and relax for a few hours.

This evening Gary and I headed over to Magic Kingdom to do a bit of shopping and to watch Wishes. We were pretty tied from getting up so early! We grabbed some dinner at Caseys corner and had a look through some of the shops on main street. It was a night when the park was closing early so wishes was on early too. We went and got a good spot at the end of main street so we had a good view of the castle. After the fireworks we headed back towards the hotel and had a few drinks in the hotel before heading back up to the room and falling asleep.

what a great morning! Did you take your own camera with you? Just thinking it would be really neat to take some photo's of MK 'getting ready' for the day as it's something you're not likely to see again.

Ohmigod, this wedding must have cost you a fortune, it sounds absolutely amazing!
I only wish I could afford a wedding like this!

what a great morning! Did you take your own camera with you? Just thinking it would be really neat to take some photo's of MK 'getting ready' for the day as it's something you're not likely to see again.

No your not allowed to take any pictures yourself. Disney wont allow you to take any backstage pics of pics of anything in the parks when closed that wouldnt be there when open.

Wow what a great experience to have the MK all to yourselves (well except for the cm's!) Did you have to pay extra for that or is it in the wedding package?

No your not allowed to take any pictures yourself. Disney wont allow you to take any backstage pics of pics of anything in the parks when closed that wouldnt be there when open.

shame! Those pic's would be great for scrapbooking a 'before' and 'after' page!

Wow what a great experience to have the MK all to yourselves (well except for the cm's!) Did you have to pay extra for that or is it in the wedding package?

No its an extra you can book - i thought i was expensive at first but im really glad i did it!!

Another magical day, Laura. Well done for getting up so early. I can't imagine driving up to the castle, that must have been really weird. I thought it was so romantic that you set the watches to the time you got married :goodvibes

ArielJasmine princess:

I think the photos were well worth the money! You looked lovely and so did Hubby.

Is there anywhere I can find a breakdown of cost of all the different elements of wedding packages / photo sections, or can I only find this out by calling DFTW?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter