Laundry

kidslovemickey

Earning My Ears
This is my first cruise with the whole family and I'm thinking about all the clothes I have to take...doesn't look like it's going to be easy to pack in just 2 suitcases!! Is it a pain to do laundry on board? If I could cut out just a couple days of clothes, it would be great!

We always do laundry on longer vacations. If you can, try to do just one load at a time because sometimes there are lines. Also, I use the Purell 3in1 sheets because so easy to pack and use.

Where can I find out where the laundry rooms are? I'm not trying to plan ahead to see how far I'm going to have to go to do it. I looked on the deck plans, but either it's not there or I just didn't see it. Thanks for any help!

I didn't have any problems doing laundry on the Magic last week. I have done laundry on previous Princess ships which were two week cruises and found that there were not enough machines and the dryers took way too long which slowed everything up. On the Magic, there was a laundry room on my floor (Deck 7) on the other side of the ship. There were plenty of machines (I think maybe seven washers and seven dryers); dryers sitting on top of washers. My sister in law did wash on our Disney day (while most were still in port), my mom did three loads on our next to last at sea day and I went the last day of the cruise in the morning and had no trouble getting a washer and dryer. Just a note -- (in this laundry room at least) the card swipe for using the dryer is located on the washer on the right side and the swipe for using the washer is on the left. I made the mistake of swiping my card for the dryer first instead of for the washer. Luckily, no one came in and used the dryer above my washer so it all worked out. The time on the dryers were set for 45 minutes, but my wash seemed to finish quicker. (I didn't have a full load though.)

stulaurie said:
Would love to know where the laundry is on the Fantasy deck 8?

Thanks

Far aft. It was quicker for DH to go down 1 floor from deck 9 than to go forward to ours on deck 9.

This was June on the Fantasy.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Would love to know where the laundry is on the Fantasy deck 8?

Thanks

Here are the laundry room locations:
deck 2 (opposite 2002)
deck 5 (opposite 5192)
deck 6 (opposite 6508)
deck 7 (opposite 7014)
deck 8 (opposite 8150)
deck 9 (opposite 9500)
deck 10 (opposite 10572)

I suggest using the deck 9 laundry room, because it is much larger than the one on deck 8.

Does anyone know the cost of having a suit dry cleaned while on the ship?:confused3

Does anyone know the cost of having a suit dry cleaned while on the ship?:confused3

From the FAQ sticky above:

Laundry service price list

Services
Regular service: Next day 5 p.m.
Same day service: Add 50 % to dry cleaning surcharge. Picked up before 9 am, returned 5 pm
Express service: Add 100 % express cleaning surcharge. Call for pickup, returned in 3 hours.

Pressing only service is 50% of Dry Cleaning price.

Dry Cleaning
Suit (2 Piece) $ 7.00
Suit (3 Piece) $ 9.00
Coats $ 7.00
Pants $ 4.25
Jackets $ 4.50
Shirts $ 3.50
Ties $ 2.00
Sweaters $ 4.00
Blouses $ 4.00
Evening Dress $ 8.00
Skirts $ 4.50

Laundry

Shirts $ 3.00
Pants $ 3.50
Socks $ 1.00
Undershirts/bras $ 1.25
Pajamas $ 4.00
Handkerchiefs $ 0.75
Undershorts $1.25
T-shirts $ 2.50
Blouses $ 3.50
Slips $ 3.00
Nightgowns $ 3.00
Short Pants $ 2.50
Sports Shirts $ 2.50

:cutie:

If you are insane or can stay up late. We did one load at 11:30pm on our Bahamian trip , No one was there!! We went back to our room,watch some tv, 40 minute later we picked up our laundry. Only one other person was there ironing at midnight.:thumbsup2 We didn't use the dryer, just hung up the cloths on the balcony. We bought extra hangers and use hair clips (didn't bring any clothpins). worked like a charm!

If you are insane or can stay up late. We did one load at 11:30pm on our Bahamian trip , No one was there!! We went back to our room,watch some tv, 40 minute later we picked up our laundry. Only one other person was there ironing at midnight.:thumbsup2 We didn't use the dryer, just hung up the cloths on the balcony. We bought extra hangers and use hair clips (didn't bring any clothpins). worked like a charm!
don t want to get fumed but your not allowed any clothes on balcony ..chairs ..ramps ....has to do with security you can hang things in your bathroom ( they have a line fixed on the wall ) but nothing at all outside
this I know because I know someone who works at DCL

I did laundry on the Fantasy in July. We were directly across from the deck 5 laundry (it's aft). Had 4-6 washers and dryers. Easy to use and do. I use the Purex 3-n-1 sheets too since they are compact to pack.

This is my first cruise with the whole family and I'm thinking about all the clothes I have to take...doesn't look like it's going to be easy to pack in just 2 suitcases!! Is it a pain to do laundry on board? If I could cut out just a couple days of clothes, it would be great!

Easy to do laundry while onboard, but beware of the prices. $2 per load to wash, $2 per load to dry. $1 for one load of laundry detergent. $1 for dryer sheets (maybe 1-2 loads for it). I did one load with detergent, and it was $5 to wash and dry. That was last month on the Fantasy.

Easy to do laundry while onboard, but beware of the prices. $2 per load to wash, $2 per load to dry. $1 for one load of laundry detergent. $1 for dryer sheets (maybe 1-2 loads for it). I did one load with detergent, and it was $5 to wash and dry. That was last month on the Fantasy.

If you're flying to Florida on an airline that charges baggage fees, paying $5.00 for laundry instead of hauling one more suitcase is a bargain.

That said, I hate doing laundry on vacation, so we choose an airline that doesn't charge baggage fees.

The laundry room deck 5 aft is large also. On Fantasy there is a map of the ship at each floor and on those maps the location of the laundry is clearly marked. I used the Tide packs on our last trip and took dryer sheets also, worked great.

I used it twice recently on the Magic on Deck 6. The first time I was up early, and did laundry at 6:30 AM. I was the only person there. Then another day, I started around 9:00 AM, and it was packed. I also had problems with the machines. One machine didn't spin dry too well, so the clothes were soaked. Then the dryer decided to stop working in the middle. I was given a credit for the lost time, and they gave me extra. And - I had red streaks in some of my clothes. :headache:

So next time, I will either get up early again, or I will bring more clothes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter