Laundry

snowrella

Mouseketeer
I have a day between getting off the ship and our reservations starting at WDW. I would like to find a nice hotel either in orlando or the Port to hang out at, and do laundry:dance3: and I would like to have a room with its own washer and dryer to make life easier. Any Suggestions??? THXs

We stayed at the HGVC Parc Soleil on our last trip in a 1-bdrm & had a w&d in the room. There was a nice pool & a shaded playground area for the small kids. We were there for 3 nights on a timeshare special, so I don't know what the going rate is for the rooms if you're paying cash. But, they were very nice and good for doing your laundry.

ETA: You might check on the Resorts board for suggestions, too, if you haven't already.

Have you considered doing your laundry while on board?
We just returned from a month long trip to Europe along with the Baltics cruise. It was sooooo much easier to do the laundry two days before leaving the ship then finding laundry services as well as the time to do the laundry. Avoided late night when everyone else seemed to be "camping out in the laudry room." Mid morning and lunch time the best for us.

Happy Travels.
Heidi

I have a day between getting off the ship and our reservations starting at WDW. I would like to find a nice hotel either in orlando or the Port to hang out at, and do laundry:dance3: and I would like to have a room with its own washer and dryer to make life easier. Any Suggestions??? THXs

Maybe rent some DVC points from an owner and go to WDW. The one bedroom and larger units have a washer and dryer in the unit; studios have laundry facilities available free on site. The bellman will facilitate transferring from that resort to wherever your current reservations are. The number of points needed depends on the resort, day of week, and time of year. Most people rent out points at $10 per point. Check out the DVC rental section of the boards.

I agree, laundry onboard is actually a great way to get it done. On our 7 night cruises, we generally pack for 3-4 days and I do laundry half way through. That way we have less to pack bringing onboard. I have been known to go throw laundry in and go up on deck to watch a late night movie. My suggestion is grab a pack of the Purex all-in-one detergent softener sheets-convenient and packable. Have a great cruise!

I didnt really want to commit myself to laundry on board, we are only doing a 4 night cruise and there is 6 of us, so I feel like It would take me half of our cruise day to do it

Caribe Royale Orlando has a washer/dryer in its 2-bedroom villas, which are usually very reasonably priced.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter