• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Laundry??

jraymond503

Mouseketeer
Anyone know if All Star Movies Resort has laundry facilities?? If so where are they located?

I'm starting to think about packing.... we are going to Disney for 6 days then a Royal Caribbean cruise for 7, plus 2 days of driving on either end... I have to pack for myself and three kids for 17 DAYS!! YIKES!

I'm feeling overwhelmed already !! LOL!

They do have laundry facilities near the pool areas. It makes it so easy to wait for your laundry while the kids are enjoying the pool!

Yes, they have them.

$2.00 a load for washing and then drying.

Just watch the dryers.... I used one and when it finished, the clothes were still very damp. I put in another $2.00 and at the end, they still weren't dry.
I switched dryers and finally after the third time, my clothes were dry.

I spoke to the wonderful CM's at the front desk and they reimbursed me for 2 times usage.

I told them which dryer wasn't working properly so I would assume it has been repaired.

Jan

Just watch the dryers.... I used one and when it finished, the clothes were still very damp. I put in another $2.00 and at the end, they still weren't dry.

OMG! That happened to me at the GF a few years ago. Took me 2 hours to dry the clothes!! :headache:

When we stay for 10 days, I always do a load of laundry. To make it easy, I pack a change purse full of quarters (you never know when the machine will be out of change or broken). I also pack my own detergent and dryer sheets.

I've done a 14 day trip WDW/Cruise/Universal where I had to do laundry twice. I didn't expect to do laundry on the ship! That was easy too. Each deck has a laundry room. I sent DH to bingo and did the clothes :rotfl:

I honestly don't mind doing laundry on vacation. The resorts laundry rooms always located near the pools.

We always do laundry on vacation. It's just one of those things we started a while back and it's like a tradition with us. I love coming home with part of the vacation laundry already done. I have never stayed at any of the All Stars, but I have stayed at Pop, and I would imagine the laundry set up is similar. It is right next to the pool, which made it perfect to throw in some laundry and get some pool (and pool bar) time at the same time! I always bring my own detergent in ziploc bags, just so I don't have to purchase any. I just pre-measure the powder and put it into individual baggies!

On our last trip down, the laundry room near building 26 I think in Alligator Bayou at POR had a dryer which ran for FREEEEEEEEEE!

Another guest tipped me to the malfunction and I paid it forward. I still feel absolutely NO guilt for using the dryer for free. As many others have stated, they do not work that great anyway.

OMG! That happened to me at the GF a few years ago. Took me 2 hours to dry the clothes!! :headache:

When we stay for 10 days, I always do a load of laundry. To make it easy, I pack a change purse full of quarters (you never know when the machine will be out of change or broken). I also pack my own detergent and dryer sheets.

I've done a 14 day trip WDW/Cruise/Universal where I had to do laundry twice. I didn't expect to do laundry on the ship! That was easy too. Each deck has a laundry room. I sent DH to bingo and did the clothes :rotfl:

I honestly don't mind doing laundry on vacation. The resorts laundry rooms always located near the pools.
The Dryer situation is not unusual.:)

I FINALLY learned to "split" each washer load into TWO separate Dryers when doing my Laundry at WDW.:)

When we go we typically do a few loads mid trip. We have liked the ease of the Purex 3 in 1 sheets since they are easy to pack and there is no mess to worry about.

All Stars Movies has 2 Laundry rooms. The best one to use is the one by the Mighty Duck pool. Last time we went we were in Toy Story bldg and I went to the one next to the main pool and there was a huge line. Went to the Mighty Duck one and there was no one. Loved it!

The washer and dryer that we used was near the main pool at the ALL STAR MOVIES. It was around midnight and I was waiting for my SIL to arrive from the airport. Decided to take a load to do. Used up all my quarters to do the second time at drying.

Didn't bring any other money with me and we were staying at the end of the resort in the Love Bug Building. I went to the desk to see if I could get a couple of days credited to my room key. I never would have gone to the front desk otherwise. I was just tired. That was how I ended up getting $2.00 back. At least then I had the money to pay for the third time drying.

By the time dear SIL arrived, everything was almost dried. We just brought it back to the room and hung a few things up.

I usually do a bit of laundry while we are away. Do as PP suggested, sit by the pool while waiting. It was too darn cold this time.

Jan

I'm sure you'll do laundry during your WDW stay, but I would highly recommend you find out the laundry prices on the ship. We had a couple things washed on our cruise, and it was quite decently priced...I mean, more than if they'd had a laundromat of course, but it wasn't a ripoff either. That way, in case people go through clothes quicker than you expected, you can have budgeted some, say, underwear and socks laundry money while onboard. :)

i always do laundry when we go. split your dryer load and it will dry. best tip i ever learned.

kate

When we go we typically do a few loads mid trip. We have liked the ease of the Purex 3 in 1 sheets since they are easy to pack and there is no mess to worry about.

I was actually going to ask about these for our upcoming trip! So I assume you don't have any issues with them?

This doesn't address the OP's question, but it speaks to the bringing your own laundry soap question.

We use our vacuum sealer for a number of unusual things. One of them is laundry soap and fabric softener. We use one bag, seal in a fabric softener sheet in one end, then add one load's worth of soap in the other end and seal again. This gives you one bag per load in a package that takes up very little room in the bottom of our bags. The bags are strong enough that they hold up to pretty much anything (actually so strong that I recommend carrying a small pair of scissors to get into the bag easily).

They have worked so well that we usually make up a bunch at a time and pretty much always carry at couple of bags on any big trip we take. You never know when you have to do a load of laundry on a trip and it saves the hassle of finding soap and fabric softener on the road. It's especially useful since my wife is sometimes sensitive to the brand soap we use and this makes sure what we use is something that doesn't make her break out.

Yes, they have them.

$2.00 a load for washing and then drying.

I switched dryers and finally after the third time, my clothes were dry.

I spoke to the wonderful CM's at the front desk and they reimbursed me for 2 times usage.

I told them which dryer wasn't working properly so I would assume it has been repaired.

Jan

i had the same problem , i had to switch dryers, and they are right near the pools at the movies i had the hubby get in the pool with the kids and I washed the clothes it was so easy, and at the movies the one by the big pool is right by the main building and the food court so you can get a drink and hang.:laundy:

This doesn't address the OP's question, but it speaks to the bringing your own laundry soap question.

We use our vacuum sealer for a number of unusual things. One of them is laundry soap and fabric softener. We use one bag, seal in a fabric softener sheet in one end, then add one load's worth of soap in the other end and seal again. This gives you one bag per load in a package that takes up very little room in the bottom of our bags. The bags are strong enough that they hold up to pretty much anything (actually so strong that I recommend carrying a small pair of scissors to get into the bag easily).

They have worked so well that we usually make up a bunch at a time and pretty much always carry at couple of bags on any big trip we take. You never know when you have to do a load of laundry on a trip and it saves the hassle of finding soap and fabric softener on the road. It's especially useful since my wife is sometimes sensitive to the brand soap we use and this makes sure what we use is something that doesn't make her break out.

now that is a great idea im breaking out the machine to night, i was just thinking about what I was going to bring the stuff in , I never thought about my vaccuum sealer:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Went on to the Purex site today. You can get a $1.00 off coupon and also sign up for a free sample. I wasn't sure if they would have a perfume & dye free one for sensitive skin and sure enough, they do! :thumbsup2

http://www.trypurex.com/

Yes, the laundry is usually right by the pool bar, how convenient is that??:yay:
I also agree about the Purex sheets, the best invention for travelers!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter